Tejretics - AMAA

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 11:00:20 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Doing this out of boredom.

Ask me almost anything, I promise answers for anything that I don't find inappropriate to answer.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Jerry947
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 11:33:30 AM
At 5/10/2016 11:00:20 AM, tejretics wrote:

Ask me almost anything, I promise answers for anything that I don't find inappropriate to answer.

How does temperature affect the volume of air?
SkyLeach
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 1:34:46 PM
Why are Indians so ... abstract thought challenged?

Please don't think of this as racist, this comes directly from statements and observations made by a number of Indians I have worked with over the years. They all seem to have self-confessed issues with abstract deconstruction and innovative insight when dealing with ordered systems. I'm undecided if it's a cultural artifact or perhaps rooted in developmental psychology paired with linguistic structure, but the statistics are definitely there.

Also (and I want to make this clear) this has nothing to do with intelligence. When I have, in the past, carefully walked the persons who made these observations through the logic, they grasped the concepts readily enough. The phenomenon seems to be centered around how the concepts are assembled cognitively by western minds vs. eastern minds.

Thoughts on these observations?
Math is just another language, however one without analogy.

- http://arxiv.org...
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:26:48 PM

HOY
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:33:37 PM
At 5/10/2016 3:26:48 PM, famousdebater wrote:
HOY

I don't know you on a personal level.

On balance, you are a good user. You're 13, so you have lots to learn, and I have no doubt the site will contribute to that experience.

Your voting is usually bad, but I know you're seeking to improve, which is cool.

Your debating hasn't impressed me very much so far, but it's where I was when I was at the same stage on DDO as you.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:33:49 PM

Have you ever stabbed or forcefully prodded (or plan to stab or forcefully prod) someone (either accidentally or intentionally) with a writing implement?
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:33:59 PM
At 5/10/2016 1:32:47 PM, Hayd wrote:
Would you rather eat banana bread or apple pie right now?

Apple.

The very idea of banana pie is horrible.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:34:08 PM
At 5/10/2016 1:34:28 PM, Hayd wrote:
Would a post on political philosophy belong in the politics forum or the philosophy forum?

Politics
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:34:52 PM
At 5/10/2016 1:34:46 PM, SkyLeach wrote:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy - nothing to do with them being Indian. So, yep, kinda racist. I don't take offense, though.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:35:19 PM
At 5/10/2016 3:33:49 PM, Chaosism wrote:
Have you ever stabbed or forcefully prodded (or plan to stab or forcefully prod) someone (either accidentally or intentionally) with a writing implement?

No
SkyLeach
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:40:08 PM
At 5/10/2016 3:34:52 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 5/10/2016 1:34:46 PM, SkyLeach wrote:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy - nothing to do with them being Indian. So, yep, kinda racist. I don't take offense, though.

Racism is based on genetics and appearance, not culture and psychology. I'm fully aware that causation is not always indicated by correlation. Have you ever explored the sentiment however? I ask because the observation didn't come from me, but did reinforce my own experience. I was essentially polling your opinion on the subject, as objectively as possible.

Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:40:16 PM
At 5/10/2016 3:35:19 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 5/10/2016 3:33:49 PM, Chaosism wrote:

No

Well, that was easy. Now for a slightly more meaningful question:

Assuming that you're planning to pursue a career in a scientific field, which specific field do you prefer to focus in?
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:41:22 PM
At 5/10/2016 3:40:16 PM, Chaosism wrote:
Assuming that you're planning to pursue a career in a scientific field, which specific field do you prefer to focus in?

Ethology or evolutionary biology

I'm not certain as to whether I intend to pursue a career in that field, but I will probably get a degree in that field, see if it's interesting enough.
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:57:51 PM
In your photo album "People I admire", if you could meet one right now, who would it be?
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 4:01:25 PM
At 5/10/2016 3:41:22 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 5/10/2016 3:40:16 PM, Chaosism wrote:

Ethology or evolutionary biology

I'm not certain as to whether I intend to pursue a career in that field, but I will probably get a degree in that field, see if it's interesting enough.

Any specialization or preference within those? (i.e. marine biology)
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 4:22:24 PM
At 5/10/2016 4:01:25 PM, Chaosism wrote:

Studying inter-species relationships, esp. between sympatric terrestrial predators, would be cool.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 4:37:00 PM

Honest opinion?

What kind of music do you listen to?

Favorite movie?

Favorite type of food?
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 5:30:18 PM

Honest opinion. Also, what are numbers?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 5:31:55 PM

Want a hug?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
SkyLeach
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 5:34:48 PM
At 5/10/2016 4:22:24 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 5/10/2016 4:01:25 PM, Chaosism wrote:

Studying inter-species relationships, esp. between sympatric terrestrial predators, would be cool.

this would be cool

I always wanted to be an exobiologist. Unfortunately we haven't discovered any exobiological species yet. I was born too early.

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 5:38:16 PM
At 5/10/2016 3:33:59 PM, tejretics wrote:

Apple.

Not banana pie! It's banana bread! Have you never had banana bread!
MagicAintReal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 6:10:31 PM

1. IYO, what does the word unlockable mean?

- able to be unlocked
- unable to be locked
- both of those definitions
- neither of those definitions

*explain why you think that too

2. Have you ever had Indian food in the U.S., and if so, how does it compare to northern/southern actual Indian cuisine from India?

3. On balance, are my debates enjoyable?

4. Have you ever learned anything from my postings/debates?

5. Rhetorical question, how are you 14 years old?
I've mentioned this to Famous too, but how the f*ck is it that not only are you only 14 years of age, but you're more articulate than educated, established people in their 30's?
No, I'm serious.
I've been teaching high school now for about 9 years, ages 14-18, and not one has ever matched the articulation in writing that you accomplish, nor would they ever be interested in intelligent thought provoking discussions that you seem to eagerly engage in.
You just don't seem 14 at all. You seem way older.
I believe you, but you have to see it from my large sample size of kids 14-18 years old that have never come close to that type of articulation.

6. If I tell you to never listen to my commands, and you never do, did you really avoid listening to my commands?
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 9:21:51 PM

Is Assimilation or Multiculturalism preferable? Why?

Favorite type of healthcare system?

Opinion on America?

Opinion on me?

Do you find Islam worse than other religions? why?

Opinion on the Nordic countries?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 12:45:41 AM

Honest opinion of me?

Who is your closest/best friend on DDO?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 3:40:17 AM
At 5/10/2016 6:10:31 PM, MagicAintReal wrote:
1. IYO, what does the word unlockable mean?

http://www.dictionary.com...

2. Have you ever had Indian food in the U.S., and if so, how does it compare to northern/southern actual Indian cuisine from India?

I don't remember. For the record, I've also had Indian food in Paris and in Singapore, but it was from an international restaurant chain that is also there in India, so the food is standardized (i.e. it tastes identical).

3. On balance, are my debates enjoyable?

Yes

4. Have you ever learned anything from my postings/debates?

Yes

5. Rhetorical question, how are you 14 years old?
I've mentioned this to Famous too, but how the f*ck is it that not only are you only 14 years of age, but you're more articulate than educated, established people in their 30's?
No, I'm serious.
I've been teaching high school now for about 9 years, ages 14-18, and not one has ever matched the articulation in writing that you accomplish, nor would they ever be interested in intelligent thought provoking discussions that you seem to eagerly engage in.
You just don't seem 14 at all. You seem way older.
I believe you, but you have to see it from my large sample size of kids 14-18 years old that have never come close to that type of articulation.

Thanks. I don't think 14-year-olds capable of engaging in thought-provoking discussions are a rare sight in the UK (where famous is from) or India (where I'm from).

6. If I tell you to never listen to my commands, and you never do, did you really avoid listening to my commands?

Yes
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 3:40:45 AM
At 5/10/2016 5:38:16 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 5/10/2016 3:33:59 PM, tejretics wrote:

Apple.

Not banana pie! It's banana bread! Have you never had banana bread!

Misread. Yep, I've had banana bread. Still apple pie.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 3:43:23 AM
At 5/10/2016 9:21:51 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Is Assimilation or Multiculturalism preferable? Why?

I think a combination of both, leaning towards assimilation, is preferable.

Favorite type of healthcare system?

Unsure.

Opinion on America?

I admire that it has successfully separated religion from political administration, and that it is liberal on free speech. That's about it.

Opinion on me?

Don't know you personally. You're a reasonably good debater.

Do you find Islam worse than other religions? why?

No

Opinion on the Nordic countries?

None
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 3:46:00 AM
At 5/10/2016 4:37:00 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Honest opinion?

You're a fun, smart person. Haven't interacted much.

What kind of music do you listen to?

My tastes in music vary a lot. There's no single genre or single artist I like. I like individual songs.

Favorite movie?

Nothing comes to mind. Not a movie person.

Favorite type of food?

Sandwiches, or Italian food.