Jump to topic:

Talk to strangers

Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 2:51:39 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
When you are out and about, talk to strangers.

For most of my adult life I kept to myself an my friends, i was afraid to go places alone or start conversations with people around me. Only in the past few years have I figured out that most people are looking for an excuse to talk to new people, and if you provide that excuse you will hear a lot of interesting stories. For some people this might sound obvious, but for people who are naturally introverted like myself this is a lesson that needs to be learned.

Go out and talk to new people, you will meet new friends, hear some wild stories, and be a better person for all of it.
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 3:36:38 AM
Even being fairly extroverted, as well as a military child who moves around alot, it still takes some sheer will power to be able to introduce myself to others...
Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 4:06:37 AM
At 5/16/2016 2:51:39 AM, Raisor wrote:

For most of my adult life I kept to myself an my friends, i was afraid to go places alone or start conversations with people around me. Only in the past few years have I figured out that most people are looking for an excuse to talk to new people, and if you provide that excuse you will hear a lot of interesting stories. For some people this might sound obvious, but for people who are naturally introverted like myself this is a lesson that needs to be learned.

Go out and talk to new people, you will meet new friends, hear some wild stories, and be a better person for all of it.

Well, I'm pretty good at getting other people's attention, so that helps whenever I try talking to someone. Can't wait to escape from school into the real world. :P
Have no regrets.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 4:12:47 AM
At 5/16/2016 2:51:39 AM, Raisor wrote:

Excellent advice.
Tsar of DDO