Jump to topic:

Prince

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2016 1:32:48 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Shameless self promotion here. I made a thread about Prince when he died, in hopes that people would talk about Prince and share about who he was, since I'd never really listened to his music before.

Unfortunately, no one ever posted in it, so I'm just gonna post the link here in hopes that people will actually post to it (and pray it doesn't get removed for spam): http://www.debate.org...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2016 1:39:46 AM
At 5/25/2016 1:32:48 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Shameless self promotion here. I made a thread about Prince when he died, in hopes that people would talk about Prince and share about who he was, since I'd never really listened to his music before.

Unfortunately, no one ever posted in it, so I'm just gonna post the link here in hopes that people will actually post to it (and pray it doesn't get removed for spam): http://www.debate.org...

I've never listened to Prince, but he seems like a good artist now that everyone is raving about him.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2016 2:17:20 AM
There are multiple reports that Eric Clapton was once asked what it was like to be the greatest guitar player alive, and he responded, "I don't know. Ask Prince."

Some regard that story as an urban legend, but the premise might be true.

I'm not a huge fan of Prince's music to be honest, but he's undoubtedly an amazing musician. His most popular songs are Purple Rain, When Doves Cry and Little Red Corvette, the latter being my favorite (but it's still too cheesy for me and I'm a fan of 80s music lol so that's saying something).

Not only did he write his own songs, but he wrote a ton of music for other popular artists. "Manic Monday" by the Bangles and "Nothing Compares To You" by Sinead O'Connor were written by Prince. Personally I love when he covers other people's songs, because he's such an awesome guitarist, but I don't love his tunes. He did a really amazing solo at the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame on the song "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." Check out this dynamite performance. Prince comes on stage to solo at 3:25. Magic.

https://www.youtube.com...
President of DDO