Jump to topic:

I am afraid I might kill somebody

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 4:51:34 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Like it's weird, but I am a fan of true crime (guilty pleasure), and I keep seeing stories of successful or seemingly normal people waking up and deciding just to kill somebody one day.

I wonder what makes normal people do this, and am scared to death that one day I will do it. I have no ideal what makes these seemingly normal people do horrible things and wonder if one day this type of insanity will randomly hit me.

Some people are normal until like 40 years old and then turn into serial killers. Could that happen to me?

Is this fear of randomly turning into a monster rational? Does anyone else have it? I want to run away from everyone I love thinking somehow that would make them safer if I ever do lose hold of my sanity and do what people in my true crime stories do.

Is this normal?
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 5:19:28 AM
At 5/26/2016 4:51:34 AM, Wylted wrote:
Like it's weird, but I am a fan of true crime (guilty pleasure), and I keep seeing stories of successful or seemingly normal people waking up and deciding just to kill somebody one day.

I wonder what makes normal people do this, and am scared to death that one day I will do it. I have no ideal what makes these seemingly normal people do horrible things and wonder if one day this type of insanity will randomly hit me.

Some people are normal until like 40 years old and then turn into serial killers. Could that happen to me?

Is this fear of randomly turning into a monster rational? Does anyone else have it? I want to run away from everyone I love thinking somehow that would make them safer if I ever do lose hold of my sanity and do what people in my true crime stories do.

Is this normal?

People (including me) are evil. Sadly it's not abnormal at all to have an urge to push someone, or jump yourself into danger. Statistically, you're unlikely to become a serial killer, but I think most people are capable of most things.

I think you've just uncovered the lid to your soul which is something that everyone has in common, but no body wants to think about.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 5:21:12 AM
People (including me) are evil. Sadly it's not abnormal at all to have an urge to push someone, or jump yourself into danger. Statistically, you're unlikely to become a serial killer, but I think most people are capable of most things.

I think you've just uncovered the lid to your soul which is something that everyone has in common, but no body wants to think about.

I don't really have those urges to be honest.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 11:34:09 AM
On the list of things that are likely to randomly happen to you, becoming a killer or a serial killer against your own intentions probably isn't very high on the list.

If you're really worried about it, just take it one day at a time.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 11:39:54 AM

Is this normal?

Play it cool boy, real cool.

(not really bro)
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 11:41:19 AM

Is this normal?

Time for logical therapy.

Why are you christian?
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 11:54:48 AM
At 5/26/2016 11:41:19 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:

Is this normal?

Why are you christian?

Because I did a cost benefit analysis and felt like it was a good option
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 11:59:50 AM
At 5/26/2016 11:54:48 AM, Wylted wrote:

Is this normal?

Why are you christian?

So your going all in, correct?
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 12:01:34 PM
At 5/26/2016 11:59:50 AM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:

Is this normal?

Why are you christian?

Yep
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 12:04:49 PM
At 5/26/2016 12:01:34 PM, Wylted wrote:

Is this normal?

Why are you christian?

Yep

You believe in hell?

Are you afraid of god's judgment?
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 12:10:04 PM
At 5/26/2016 12:04:49 PM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:

Is this normal?

Why are you christian?

Yep

You believe in hell?

I am not afraid of his judgement. I am unsure of Hell. The bible mentions Sheol a lot which gets translated to hell, but really just means underground.
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 12:56:57 PM
At 5/26/2016 12:10:04 PM, Wylted wrote:

Is this normal?

Why are you christian?

Yep

You believe in hell?

I am not afraid of his judgement. I am unsure of Hell. The bible mentions Sheol a lot which gets translated to hell, but really just means underground.

Fine, what about the story of Job?

And lake of fire?
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-

ballpit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 1:03:54 PM
Humans as a whole are not perfect human beings.
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org......
Welcome Thread:
New Members Read Me:
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 1:10:15 PM
At 5/26/2016 12:56:57 PM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:

Is this normal?

Why are you christian?

Yep

You believe in hell?

And lake of fire?

Why don't you just male your point?
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 1:34:21 PM
At 5/26/2016 1:10:15 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 5/26/2016 12:56:57 PM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:

Is this normal?

Why are you christian?

Yep

You believe in hell?

And lake of fire?

Why don't you just male your point?

K.

If you believe this god exists and belive he would punish you (and you would go to jail), plus the rest of your life would be miserable why do it?
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 9:48:24 PM

Is this normal?

If you don't really have a desire to kill people now, I doubt you will in the future. And going crazy doesn't make a person violent if they weren't in the first place. It just means they're crazy.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 9:50:13 PM
At 5/26/2016 9:48:24 PM, janesix wrote:

Is this normal?

If you don't really have a desire to kill people now, I doubt you will in the future. And going crazy doesn't make a person violent if they weren't in the first place. It just means they're crazy.

But there are seemingly normal people who kill and then seem to go back to being normal. I don't mean actually losing your sanity, just doing something out of character
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 9:53:17 PM
At 5/26/2016 9:50:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 5/26/2016 9:48:24 PM, janesix wrote:

Is this normal?

But there are seemingly normal people who kill and then seem to go back to being normal. I don't mean actually losing your sanity, just doing something out of character

I find that hard to believe. I mean that they were normal in the first place. They might have just been psycopaths who are good actors.

I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about, if you are a normal person right now.
Biodome
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 10:58:33 PM
In theory, anything can happen to any human being. The problem that I see with worrying about things like this is that the vast majority of them are extremely unlikely. The world is pretty deterministic, and if you are destined to become a murderer, well, tough luck. But until you actually become one, I really wouldn't put too much thought into it. That's like being obsessed by the fact that you will die in the future. Sure - it's one of the things that are unavoidable, but until it happens, don't delve into paranoia and just enjoy your life. That's how I usually deal with stuff like this, at least.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 1:45:27 AM

Is this normal?

If you ever reach that point, chemical (or, alternatively, physical) castration is an option.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 2:52:03 AM

Is this normal?

"I wonder what makes normal people do this," Um normal people don't do this. They had issues long before.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 3:21:56 AM
At 5/27/2016 2:52:03 AM, sadolite wrote:

Is this normal?

"I wonder what makes normal people do this," Um normal people don't do this. They had issues long before.

I don't know. When I am reading their life stories they seem perfectly normal. Maybe they are just good at hiding that part of themselves though
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 12:05:12 AM
At 5/27/2016 3:21:56 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 5/27/2016 2:52:03 AM, sadolite wrote:

Is this normal?

I don't know. When I am reading their life stories they seem perfectly normal. Maybe they are just good at hiding that part of themselves though

A normal person doesn't just snap and go on a killing spree. A normal person will however kill in self defense of themselves and their family. And of course beat torture and slowly kill a pedophile caught molesting their children. That would be normal.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 1:00:42 AM

Is this normal?

Yes of course it's perfectly normal for wild imagination to assume they hold within the wheelhouse of dreams the power of assassination, when do one for truth you do not. So chilly chill chill is the only thought capable to kill, when killing a sin is me with a grin, I speak for the grim to know only the best of the good can be good at being so bad.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 12:36:16 PM

Is this normal?
It all starts when you start asking questions like these.
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 3:03:41 PM

Is this normal?

Kill XLAV.
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-

Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2016 11:25:35 PM

Is this normal?

I double dare you .
Arrrrr, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It's like a movie . That you can view pause rewind pause .
It's a must for the bucket list.
I wonder what it's like. Arrrrrr. Don't do it.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 5:17:12 AM

Is this normal?

No.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 1:30:32 PM
Everyone has a dark side. Just don't act on any of these thoughts and you'll be okay.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~