Jump to topic:

Which one are you feeding?

dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 4:06:02 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
An old Cherokee told his grandson, "My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies, and ego. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy, and truth."

The boy thought about it and asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"

The old man quietly answered, "The one you feed."
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 7:18:27 PM
At 5/26/2016 4:06:02 PM, dhardage wrote:
An old Cherokee told his grandson, "My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies, and ego. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy, and truth."

The unique thing about humans is that one wolf can't win over the other.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 9:42:39 PM
At 5/26/2016 7:18:27 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

It is a never-ending battle. Some times can be easier than others.
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 11:36:28 PM

I feed the troll.
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 2:58:38 AM
I feed them both, I am angry about the way the country is going with all the filth and corruption and despise the people causing it. But at the same time I am happy with the people I let into my life and treat them nicely.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 1:19:34 PM

You're mistaken. One wins every day when someone performs an act of kindness with no thought of reward. The other wins when someone is harmed to no purpose besides the perverse pleasure of the one who did the harm.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 1:20:15 PM
At 5/26/2016 11:36:28 PM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:

I feed the troll.
You are a troll.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 1:21:37 PM
At 5/27/2016 2:58:38 AM, sadolite wrote:
I feed them both, I am angry about the way the country is going with all the filth and corruption and despise the people causing it. But at the same time I am happy with the people I let into my life and treat them nicely.

Anger is not always a bad thing. It can be used to spur one into action, to correct an injustice, to stop a tragedy. When anger is simply for anger's sake it becomes the domain of the dark wolf.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 3:31:10 PM
At 5/27/2016 1:19:34 PM, dhardage wrote:

You're mistaken. One wins every day when someone performs an act of kindness with no thought of reward. The other wins when someone is harmed to no purpose besides the perverse pleasure of the one who did the harm.

When you say "win" you're implying the other is defeated. Here you're saying "win" means you decide to choose one over the other at a certain time. That's not "winning".
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2016 3:42:53 PM
At 5/27/2016 3:31:10 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/27/2016 1:19:34 PM, dhardage wrote:

When you say "win" you're implying the other is defeated. Here you're saying "win" means you decide to choose one over the other at a certain time. That's not "winning".

I think you miss the point. It's the summation of each person's life that determines which wolf won. It's most evident when one dies doing a heroic and selfless thing or in the midst of a horrendous act. In the main it's when a good father or mother pass, a loving child, or just a decent person. If some unredeemed and uncaring thug dies, the dark wolf has won that round.

That is not to say that the fight ever ends. As long as man is man, the battle continues.