Jump to topic:

Only one at church not invited to wedding

poehlerfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 9:55:19 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I am so upset, a couple at my church and in my small group got married and had this wedding and invited everyone from my small group except me. I know this because I saw pictures of everyone from my small group at the wedding. This was after I talked to my pastor about whether it was open invite bc I didnt get an invitation and he said it was invitation only and that I wasnt the only one not invited. But looking at the pictures I see that isnt true. So then I messaged him and told him I saw everyone from small group that goes regurarly there. He listed a few names of people that weren't invited, but they don't come very often (with the exception of this one guy and this girl who just started coming a few few months ago). That doesnt matter to me because I have been going regularly, Im a girl and have been going for a long time and I was the only one out of the group of girls that goes regurarly that isnt new that was not invited. That is what makes me feel like there is something wrong with me because I was the only girlone out of the core group not invited, like do they have something against me or does somebody else in the group have something against me and they wanted them there and didnt want them feeling uncomfortable around me? I dont know. But I was the only girl who has been coming a year that attends regurarly that wasn't invited. I had specifically asked him before the wedding if there were other people that go regurarly to small group that weren't invited and he said a whole bunch. One guy and one new person isn't a whole bunch. Why would he say this? And why was I the only girl that attends regurarly not invited? And he had access to the guest list to know who was invited? Why would he know the guest list? He was officiating the wedding, but still, does the officiant usually know the guest list?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 10:09:19 PM
At 5/29/2016 9:55:19 PM, poehlerfan wrote:
I am so upset, a couple at my church and in my small group got married and had this wedding and invited everyone from my small group except me. I know this because I saw pictures of everyone from my small group at the wedding. This was after I talked to my pastor about whether it was open invite bc I didnt get an invitation and he said it was invitation only and that I wasnt the only one not invited. But looking at the pictures I see that isnt true. So then I messaged him and told him I saw everyone from small group that goes regurarly there. He listed a few names of people that weren't invited, but they don't come very often (with the exception of this one guy and this girl who just started coming a few few months ago). That doesnt matter to me because I have been going regularly, Im a girl and have been going for a long time and I was the only one out of the group of girls that goes regurarly that isnt new that was not invited. That is what makes me feel like there is something wrong with me because I was the only girlone out of the core group not invited, like do they have something against me or does somebody else in the group have something against me and they wanted them there and didnt want them feeling uncomfortable around me? I dont know. But I was the only girl who has been coming a year that attends regurarly that wasn't invited. I had specifically asked him before the wedding if there were other people that go regurarly to small group that weren't invited and he said a whole bunch. One guy and one new person isn't a whole bunch. Why would he say this? And why was I the only girl that attends regurarly not invited? And he had access to the guest list to know who was invited? Why would he know the guest list? He was officiating the wedding, but still, does the officiant usually know the guest list?

I think you need to get over yourself and accept the fact you weren't invited. If the bride is that same girl that "blocked you on Twitter" then I highly recommend you stop obsessing and stay away from her before something bad happened.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 1:33:00 AM

By any chance did you ever make eyes with the groom? Just wondering, cuz this could definitely get you on an uninvited list at the bride's request.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 1:42:53 AM
At 5/29/2016 10:09:19 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

I think you need to get over yourself and accept the fact you weren't invited. If the bride is that same girl that "blocked you on Twitter" then I highly recommend you stop obsessing and stay away from her before something bad happened.

I agree with this. Dude needs to take a hint
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 3:27:33 AM

Callin it now, the next post from this guy is going to be about some summer gathering at the church that he wasn't invited to, and then saw a couple pictures on [online social network], and when he confronts someone about it, they'll block him/send him away/whatever.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2016 3:57:09 AM
At 5/30/2016 1:42:53 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 5/29/2016 10:09:19 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

I agree with this. Dude needs to take a hint

Agreed
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.