Total Posts:42|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

**Harder Campaign AMA**

1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 5:17:44 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

Honest opinion.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 5:19:08 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 5:17:44 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

Honest opinion.

I'm not sure if a campaign ama is the best time for that.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 5:19:58 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 5:19:08 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:17:44 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

Honest opinion.

I'm not sure if a campaign ama is the best time for that.

I mean honest opinion of the other campaigns, obviously.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 5:30:24 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 5:19:58 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:19:08 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:17:44 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

Honest opinion.

I'm not sure if a campaign ama is the best time for that.

I mean honest opinion of the other campaigns, obviously.

Okay.

I think Imabench is running a tough campaign. The numbers for abolition simply aren't there, and he compensates with the conventions. The issue for him then is that some abolitionists don't want *anything*. He is playing a hard game - especially considering how fickle voters can be.

DK is running what I view is a poor campaign. The majority of his support is because TUF is on the ticket - and some people think it should just be TUF/DK at a certain point, and I would agree with them. I don't think his platform is too great, either - and the ceasing of programs is a huge question mark on his proposed administration.

Geo is a more straightforward abolition. He will take away votes from Imabench because of that.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 5:45:15 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 5:30:24 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:19:58 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:19:08 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:17:44 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

Honest opinion.

I'm not sure if a campaign ama is the best time for that.

I mean honest opinion of the other campaigns, obviously.

Okay.

I think Imabench is running a tough campaign. The numbers for abolition simply aren't there, and he compensates with the conventions. The issue for him then is that some abolitionists don't want *anything*. He is playing a hard game - especially considering how fickle voters can be.

DK is running what I view is a poor campaign. The majority of his support is because TUF is on the ticket - and some people think it should just be TUF/DK at a certain point, and I would agree with them. I don't think his platform is too great, either - and the ceasing of programs is a huge question mark on his proposed administration.

Geo is a more straightforward abolition. He will take away votes from Imabench because of that.

Would you be open to advising airmax to give me access to the poll admin so I can remove polls manually and assist poll maker's needs if they make a mistake, when you become president that is?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 5:45:55 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 5:45:15 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:30:24 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:19:58 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:19:08 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:17:44 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

Honest opinion.

I'm not sure if a campaign ama is the best time for that.

I mean honest opinion of the other campaigns, obviously.

Okay.

I think Imabench is running a tough campaign. The numbers for abolition simply aren't there, and he compensates with the conventions. The issue for him then is that some abolitionists don't want *anything*. He is playing a hard game - especially considering how fickle voters can be.

DK is running what I view is a poor campaign. The majority of his support is because TUF is on the ticket - and some people think it should just be TUF/DK at a certain point, and I would agree with them. I don't think his platform is too great, either - and the ceasing of programs is a huge question mark on his proposed administration.

Geo is a more straightforward abolition. He will take away votes from Imabench because of that.

Would you be open to advising airmax to give me access to the poll admin so I can remove polls manually and assist poll maker's needs if they make a mistake, when you become president that is?

Yes.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 5:46:17 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 5:45:55 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:45:15 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:30:24 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:19:58 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:19:08 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/3/2016 5:17:44 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

Honest opinion.

I'm not sure if a campaign ama is the best time for that.

I mean honest opinion of the other campaigns, obviously.

Okay.

I think Imabench is running a tough campaign. The numbers for abolition simply aren't there, and he compensates with the conventions. The issue for him then is that some abolitionists don't want *anything*. He is playing a hard game - especially considering how fickle voters can be.

DK is running what I view is a poor campaign. The majority of his support is because TUF is on the ticket - and some people think it should just be TUF/DK at a certain point, and I would agree with them. I don't think his platform is too great, either - and the ceasing of programs is a huge question mark on his proposed administration.

Geo is a more straightforward abolition. He will take away votes from Imabench because of that.

Would you be open to advising airmax to give me access to the poll admin so I can remove polls manually and assist poll maker's needs if they make a mistake, when you become president that is?

Yes.

That's very convincing to me then.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 6:47:44 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

Why did my parents get divorced?
Meh!
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 6:48:47 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 6:47:44 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

Why did my parents get divorced?

Because people generally suck.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 6:49:47 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 6:48:47 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/3/2016 6:47:44 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

Why did my parents get divorced?

Because people generally suck.

I'm kidding, they're together. I just wanted to make a dumb joke to mildly amuse myself xD

But in all seriousness, I think you're running a good campaign. Clap clap.
Meh!
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 8:30:25 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

What makes you 'experienced' enough to be president?

DK has spent over $400 on the voters Union and it has been very successful. TUF has been president before. Imabench is in the HoF and was the main person involved in creating DDO The Movie. What makes you qualified?
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
VelCrow
Posts: 1,273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 9:31:04 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

Would you rather [insert dick joke] or [insert banana joke]?
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 11:02:24 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 8:30:25 AM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

What makes you 'experienced' enough to be president?

DK has spent over $400 on the voters Union and it has been very successful. TUF has been president before. Imabench is in the HoF and was the main person involved in creating DDO The Movie. What makes you qualified?

The idea that spending money on the site makes you qualified is ridiculous at best.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 11:04:50 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 11:02:24 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/3/2016 8:30:25 AM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

What makes you 'experienced' enough to be president?

DK has spent over $400 on the voters Union and it has been very successful. TUF has been president before. Imabench is in the HoF and was the main person involved in creating DDO The Movie. What makes you qualified?

The idea that spending money on the site makes you qualified is ridiculous at best.

I didn't ask for your opinion on that. This id an AMA - answer my question instead of derailing it. And to respond to your point, the fact that he's spent money for the site highlights his dedication and selflessness which are two key attributes of a president.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 11:15:27 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 11:04:50 AM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/3/2016 11:02:24 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/3/2016 8:30:25 AM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

What makes you 'experienced' enough to be president?

DK has spent over $400 on the voters Union and it has been very successful. TUF has been president before. Imabench is in the HoF and was the main person involved in creating DDO The Movie. What makes you qualified?

The idea that spending money on the site makes you qualified is ridiculous at best.

I didn't ask for your opinion on that. This id an AMA - answer my question instead of derailing it. And to respond to your point, the fact that he's spent money for the site highlights his dedication and selflessness which are two key attributes of a president.

Dedication? Sure. I do think, though, that too many incentives for members is a bad precedent to set.

Also, you gave three members and their supposed qualifications:

DK has no administrative experience.

TUF has the benefit of being President while Juggle was around.

Lol what does Bench's even have to do with anything?

---

In regards to my qualifications, I don't have any special position that makes me magically experienced. I am one of the most active community members, and I was closely involved I. Bsh's Presidency - so I think these help me have a chance at succeeding.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
tejretics
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 12:28:42 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 8:30:25 AM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

What makes you 'experienced' enough to be president?

DK has spent over $400 on the voters Union and it has been very successful. TUF has been president before. Imabench is in the HoF and was the main person involved in creating DDO The Movie. What makes you qualified?

lol, this reminds me of something

#passiveaggressive
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 1:10:42 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 11:15:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
In regards to my qualifications, I don't have any special position that makes me magically experienced. I am one of the most active community members

Do you think that activity is a reason for people to vote you as president? Given that everybody else running are active enough to be president too, the fact that you consider yourself most active isn't a particularly compelling qualification on your behalf.

and I was closely involved I. Bsh's Presidency - so I think these help me have a chance at succeeding.

This is more what I meant by qualification. Thanks for answering.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 2:05:11 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 1:10:42 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/3/2016 11:15:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
In regards to my qualifications, I don't have any special position that makes me magically experienced. I am one of the most active community members

Do you think that activity is a reason for people to vote you as president? Given that everybody else running are active enough to be president too, the fact that you consider yourself most active isn't a particularly compelling qualification on your behalf.

Well, I'm way more active than the others. I've been in Hangouts more than anyone else - and I probably have better relations with abolitionists than Bench does. So I think that helps my case.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Posts: 23,106
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 1:04:09 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

Why should voters pick you over DK/TUF?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 1:48:21 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 1:04:09 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

Why should voters pick you over DK/TUF?

I think my platform is much better suited to help the community. I think his platform would be quite ineffectual, and any community building during his administration would come from things he completely delegates to other members. He wants to have a purpose for the Presidency, but his platform kills half of its use.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Posts: 23,106
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 1:55:44 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

What is your campaign doing to appeal to boarderline abolitionists as well as undecided voters?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 2:12:13 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 1:55:44 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

What is your campaign doing to appeal to borderline abolitionists as well as undecided voters?

In regards to the borderline abolitionists, I think my plans regarding advising moderation are good for them. For both borderlines and undecideds, I think my Community Leadership Program has led to a couple people giving me their support. My platform is very agreeable, and it has concrete goals - help new members grow, help us find camaraderie again, and help more voices be heard in the policy-making process. If that's not agreeable, I don't know what is.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Posts: 23,106
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 2:29:03 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

What is the most important part of your platform? The centerpiece that everything else is built around?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 3:43:19 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 2:29:03 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

What is the most important part of your platform? The centerpiece that everything else is built around?

It's really hard to say what my most important platform point is.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 6:17:05 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 1:04:09 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

Why should voters pick you over DK/TUF?

Ugh...
http://www.debate.org...
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 6:24:32 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 8:30:25 AM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

What makes you 'experienced' enough to be president?

DK has spent over $400 on the voters Union and it has been very successful. TUF has been president before. Imabench is in the HoF and was the main person involved in creating DDO The Movie. What makes you qualified?

DK has stated multiple times that he believes all of those running are definately qualified enough to be president. Harder is an experienced and respected member of the site, to say he is not qualified is a joke. DK and Imabench equally so. But the reasons you give for them being qualified don't make sense. How is making a movie qualify someone for president, how does spending money qualify someone as president? The entire subject of whether the candidates are qualified enough doesn't work. Its about platforms

I didn't ask for your opinion on that. This id an AMA - answer my question instead of derailing it. And to respond to your point, the fact that he's spent money for the site highlights his dedication and selflessness which are two key attributes of a president.

This is so passive aggressive lol, in no way can this be bent to derailing it. The entire idea that someone is "entitled" or "deserves" the presidency is idiotic. I appreciate the fact that DK has spent money to help the site, it shows how much he loves it, but that is no reason to vote for him. Voters should vote on platforms, and if you read my thread, DK's platform is inferior to Harder/Solon's.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 6:29:15 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 6:24:32 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 6/3/2016 8:30:25 AM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

What makes you 'experienced' enough to be president?

DK has spent over $400 on the voters Union and it has been very successful. TUF has been president before. Imabench is in the HoF and was the main person involved in creating DDO The Movie. What makes you qualified?

DK has stated multiple times that he believes all of those running are definately qualified enough to be president. Harder is an experienced and respected member of the site, to say he is not qualified is a joke. DK and Imabench equally so. But the reasons you give for them being qualified don't make sense. How is making a movie qualify someone for president, how does spending money qualify someone as president? The entire subject of whether the candidates are qualified enough doesn't work. Its about platforms

I'm not trying to take sides here. My question wasn't meant to imply that he's inexperienced, I just wanted his response. And putting in the effort and money in to make a movie/voters Union shows dedication and commitment to the site.

I didn't ask for your opinion on that. This id an AMA - answer my question instead of derailing it. And to respond to your point, the fact that he's spent money for the site highlights his dedication and selflessness which are two key attributes of a president.

This is so passive aggressive lol, in no way can this be bent to derailing it. The entire idea that someone is "entitled" or "deserves" the presidency is idiotic. I appreciate the fact that DK has spent money to help the site, it shows how much he loves it, but that is no reason to vote for him. Voters should vote on platforms, and if you read my thread, DK's platform is inferior to Harder/Solon's.

It's not passive aggressive. I asked him a question and he ignored it an gave his opinion on a completely irrelevant point. All I did was ask him to answer the question instead of answering something that I didn't really care about.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 6:35:03 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 6:29:15 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/4/2016 6:24:32 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 6/3/2016 8:30:25 AM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/3/2016 4:01:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ask me anything. I said I'd do this sometime, and here it is. Go.

What makes you 'experienced' enough to be president?

DK has spent over $400 on the voters Union and it has been very successful. TUF has been president before. Imabench is in the HoF and was the main person involved in creating DDO The Movie. What makes you qualified?

DK has stated multiple times that he believes all of those running are definately qualified enough to be president. Harder is an experienced and respected member of the site, to say he is not qualified is a joke. DK and Imabench equally so. But the reasons you give for them being qualified don't make sense. How is making a movie qualify someone for president, how does spending money qualify someone as president? The entire subject of whether the candidates are qualified enough doesn't work. Its about platforms

I'm not trying to take sides here. My question wasn't meant to imply that he's inexperienced, I just wanted his response. And putting in the effort and money in to make a movie/voters Union shows dedication and commitment to the site.

How does being one of the top forum contributors not suggest commitment to the site? Again, suggesting that people put in "effort" for the site results in them being qualified or deserving of the presidency is bogus

I didn't ask for your opinion on that. This id an AMA - answer my question instead of derailing it. And to respond to your point, the fact that he's spent money for the site highlights his dedication and selflessness which are two key attributes of a president.

This is so passive aggressive lol, in no way can this be bent to derailing it. The entire idea that someone is "entitled" or "deserves" the presidency is idiotic. I appreciate the fact that DK has spent money to help the site, it shows how much he loves it, but that is no reason to vote for him. Voters should vote on platforms, and if you read my thread, DK's platform is inferior to Harder/Solon's.

It's not passive aggressive. I asked him a question and he ignored it an gave his opinion on a completely irrelevant point. All I did was ask him to answer the question instead of answering something that I didn't really care about.

You gave evidence for all of the other candidates being experienced, Harder responded that those reasons are ridiculous. Thats not derailing