Jump to topic:

New Best Today!

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 4:43:13 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Did a 400 pound benchpress today. Afterwards, I jumped up and screamed the most feral scream ever, and I was so pumped with adrenaline!
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 4:48:01 AM
At 6/5/2016 4:43:13 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Did a 400 pound benchpress today. Afterwards, I jumped up and screamed the most feral scream ever, and I was so pumped with adrenaline!
Impressive :)
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 4:49:45 AM

https://answers.yahoo.com...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 5:33:22 AM
At 6/5/2016 4:49:45 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

https://answers.yahoo.com...

I am 270 pounds, so I guess it's slightly easier for me to do, but still took me a year to get there.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 2:57:29 PM
At 6/5/2016 11:07:03 AM, Syko wrote:
Do you have any... metric values? :3

Google has a metric converter. It's just a number anyway, I am just happy for the experience.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 11:50:24 PM
At 6/5/2016 2:57:29 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/5/2016 11:07:03 AM, Syko wrote:
Do you have any... metric values? :3

Google has a metric converter. It's just a number anyway, I am just happy for the experience.

It's a useless experience unless wasting time was all the while the goal. Working the muscles of no importance is always the newbie mistake. Core and cardio matter the most.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 12:26:19 AM

Niiice. That's awesome man. I use dumbbells myself because I tend to favor my right-side over my left, which then leaves me with a bigger right arm muscle.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Beauty_Of_Insanity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 2:52:14 AM
At 6/8/2016 12:26:19 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Niiice. That's awesome man. I use dumbbells myself because I tend to favor my right-side over my left, which then leaves me with a bigger right arm muscle.

My entire right arm is slightly larger than my left. XD
Best Commentary/Replies:

"You forget: Im a twisted bastard."
-imabench-

"Young people in their teens and twenties think that life sucks. Life hasn't even begun to -censored- you yet, suck it up bitches."
-sadolite-

////////////

Interpersonal Intelligence Level: Mild Mental Retardation
Legit Friend Count: 0
Intelligence: Freakin' Brilliant
MLG Level: Dis game iz 2 eazy...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 6:08:49 PM
At 6/8/2016 2:52:14 AM, Beauty_Of_Insanity wrote:

Lol, yup, same here. It annoys me so much. For the last few months I've been replacing every barbell workout with its dumbbell equivalent and have noticed more equality in muscle size between my arms.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 7:30:05 PM
At 6/8/2016 6:08:49 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Lol, yup, same here. It annoys me so much. For the last few months I've been replacing every barbell workout with its dumbbell equivalent and have noticed more equality in muscle size between my arms.

But has all this ridiculousness made you truly stronger? Would you even know what real strength is (?) Most people working out are only compensating for lacking in confidence. Yes, this is what I think of you.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 3:18:36 AM
At 6/8/2016 7:30:05 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

But has all this ridiculousness made you truly stronger? Would you even know what real strength is (?) Most people working out are only compensating for lacking in confidence. Yes, this is what I think of you.

I have no problems with confidence, lol. It's simply me wishing to gain more muscle and strength. There's another motivating factor too, which is that I am attracted to girls who are physically fit, so what better place to meet one than at the gym? In terms of mental strength, I've had my fair share of trials and am still fighting the good fight.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 3:58:33 AM
At 6/9/2016 3:18:36 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I have no problems with confidence, lol. It's simply me wishing to gain more muscle and strength. There's another motivating factor too, which is that I am attracted to girls who are physically fit, so what better place to meet one than at the gym? In terms of mental strength, I've had my fair share of trials and am still fighting the good fight.

It's just I see these guys in the gym, and all I'm really seeing are superficial egos doing full flex poses of insecurity. And don't be that guy hitting on the girl at the gym. If they hit on you at the gym, then game on but otherwise the internet is definitely the most appropriate and effective means to meeting a suitable mate
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 7:02:49 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/9/2016 3:58:33 AM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

It's just I see these guys in the gym, and all I'm really seeing are superficial egos doing full flex poses of insecurity. And don't be that guy hitting on the girl at the gym. If they hit on you at the gym, then game on but otherwise the internet is definitely the most appropriate and effective means to meeting a suitable mate

Oh yeah man, but I think it also depends on the gym in regard to guys with superficial egos. I go to a gym called Planet Fitness which promotes a "judgement free zone" culture. So at mine there's not alot of muscle-heads, but rather mostly heavy-set people looking to lose weight. With that crowd there isn't much ego, and a totally different kind of insecurity than the type you'd see with the guys you described.

As for hitting on girls, I let them come to me.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 7:21:54 PM
At 6/9/2016 7:02:49 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Oh yeah man, but I think it also depends on the gym in regard to guys with superficial egos. I go to a gym called Planet Fitness which promotes a "judgement free zone" culture. So at mine there's not alot of muscle-heads, but rather mostly heavy-set people looking to lose weight. With that crowd there isn't much ego, and a totally different kind of insecurity than the type you'd see with the guys you described.

Oh yeah?...how's that working out for you? As for Planet Fitness, yep whatever been there seen that. Me the most ripped gym rat you never did see.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 7:37:32 PM
At 6/9/2016 7:21:54 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Oh yeah?...how's that working out for you? As for Planet Fitness, yep whatever been there seen that. Me the most ripped gym rat you never did see.

What, letting them come to me? It works. I like planet fitness but don't at the same time, like, they don't have scales... even in the guys locker room. That annoys me. I asked the front-desk employee why they don't have scales to track progress and she told me it's because "they're a judgement free zone". That, in my opinion, is taking it a little too far.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 7:51:49 PM
At 6/9/2016 7:37:32 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

What, letting them come to me? It works. I like planet fitness but don't at the same time, like, they don't have scales... even in the guys locker room. That annoys me. I asked the front-desk employee why they don't have scales to track progress and she told me it's because "they're a judgement free zone". That, in my opinion, is taking it a little too far.

Lol, well I would have to agree with you there. Gyms should have scales. To one consideration I can see where there going here because the wise would say it's never good to judge someone, rather listen instead and let the person judge themselves, while the wise merely record their verdict. You tell Planet Fitness that until they get a scale I will never me able to measure and record my superior wisdom.

As for the girls, my comment was made from reading your trust issues in a separate thread which I could parlay here to stack its weight here to press a few reps to ego
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 10:54:30 PM
Maybe I'm just benching a new best here to throwing up some way heavy ego, but no spot, back off...errr, I got this. Nothing better than getting your swoll on to impress the ladies. Beach muscled baby that's me. Lacy in the mind, no matter I'm oily to what's most divine...my sexy body. I pump you up. I pump you down. I got the ego. My ego wears the crown. I'm too sexy for my books. I'm too sexy cuz I got the artificial looks.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 1:20:25 AM
At 6/9/2016 7:51:49 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Lol, well I would have to agree with you there. Gyms should have scales. To one consideration I can see where there going here because the wise would say it's never good to judge someone, rather listen instead and let the person judge themselves, while the wise merely record their verdict. You tell Planet Fitness that until they get a scale I will never me able to measure and record my superior wisdom.

As for the girls, my comment was made from reading your trust issues in a separate thread which I could parlay here to stack its weight here to press a few reps to ego

Oh, well while I do certainly have trust issues, I'm open to rebuilding my trust in others with the right person. It's just finding the right person to do that with, that's the hard part.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2016 1:39:52 AM
At 6/10/2016 1:20:25 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 6/9/2016 7:51:49 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Oh, well while I do certainly have trust issues, I'm open to rebuilding my trust in others with the right person. It's just finding the right person to do that with, that's the hard part.

Yes I know that story well. We all live it. I hope your story has a better ending than mine. I give advice from mistakes made. The key to finding true love is to know how to recognize it, and then never ever let it go.