Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

If it weren't for bad luck I"d have no luck..

Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 2:43:02 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
"If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all".... A part of a song that was sung in an old TV show came to me today after a second mishap in a short period of time. Just waiting for the strike of the unlucky third event to occur which is typical for me.

https://www.youtube.com...

1. Caught a bad case of poison ivy two weeks ago resulting from yard work. Finally stopped scratching two days ago.

2. Went to finish the yard work today by mulching the flower beds. Hit a depression in the lawn, heard a loud crack and did a face plant resulting in a 20 lb bag of mulch becoming airborne and bursting upon impact. Tried to get up, but left foot would not allow. Crawled on all 4s to my car and called the spouse, who just left the house less than a minute before. Of course he had to get all touchy feely with the foot and angle while I winced in pain. Good news, it's not broken, but walking is a no go.

Predict what my next incidence will be, it is inevitable. I just am looking for a little heads up.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 3:27:21 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/8/2016 2:43:02 AM, Peepette wrote:
"If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all".... A part of a song that was sung in an old TV show came to me today after a second mishap in a short period of time. Just waiting for the strike of the unlucky third event to occur which is typical for me.

1. Caught a bad case of poison ivy two weeks ago resulting from yard work. Finally stopped scratching two days ago.

2. Went to finish the yard work today by mulching the flower beds. Hit a depression in the lawn, heard a loud crack and did a face plant resulting in a 20 lb bag of mulch becoming airborne and bursting upon impact. Tried to get up, but left foot would not allow. Crawled on all 4s to my car and called the spouse, who just left the house less than a minute before. Of course he had to get all touchy feely with the foot and angle while I winced in pain. Good news, it's not broken, but walking is a no go.

Predict what my next incidence will be, it is inevitable. I just am looking for a little heads up.

I predict that you will take the time you need to be off your feet, to do something that you've been wanting to, that requires concentration while remaining seated. While you are doing this, you could soak your foot in warm / hot water with Epson salt (48 - 72 hours after icing your injury)

I hope you have a swift recovery!
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 4:40:00 PM
At 6/9/2016 3:27:21 AM, Emmarie wrote:

I predict that you will take the time you need to be off your feet, to do something that you've been wanting to, that requires concentration while remaining seated. While you are doing this, you could soak your foot in warm / hot water with Epson salt (48 - 72 hours after icing your injury)

I hope you have a swift recovery!

Thanks for the good wishes, and I'm taking care of the foot with ice and soak. But the question is, what will be the third incidence? Though I'm not superstitious, time has proved that these things happen to me in threes, like a chain reaction of events.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 6:46:47 PM

3. While sitting in your comfy chair resting your ankle, an unknown group of termites will finally chew through the roof joists causing the plaster ceiling directly above you to fall on your head. The impact of the plaster will result in a coma. Fortunately by the time you regain consciousness your ankle will feel better.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2016 6:52:09 PM
At 6/9/2016 6:46:47 PM, Geogeer wrote:

3. While sitting in your comfy chair resting your ankle, an unknown group of termites will finally chew through the roof joists causing the plaster ceiling directly above you to fall on your head. The impact of the plaster will result in a coma. Fortunately by the time you regain consciousness your ankle will feel better.

That sounds plausible. A coma, hopefully with sweet dreams.