Jump to topic:

You Have Three Days

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 7:21:09 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Scenario I: You've been informed by some divine source (or Christopher Hitchen's ghost if you're an atheist) that everyone on planet earth will die for some unstoppable reason in exactly three days. What would you do in this time span? Be as descriptive or expansive as you want. Limit yourself to reality, however.

Scenario II: You've been informed by a professional doctor that you have incurable terminal 3 brain cancer (no symptoms) and are going to die in exactly three days. What would you do in this time span? Be as descriptive or expansive as you want. Limit yourself to reality, however.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Syko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 9:53:18 AM
I vaguely recall reading a paper that suggested people would actually not do anything different in the short time they have left. In other words, knowing that you're about to die doesn't appear to change much about your current life.
For Mother Russia.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 11:13:57 AM
Make sure it's not the 1st of April. Take 30 mins to assure that it's correct.
Set a watch with correct time and countdown timer.
A quick visit to all my immediate family.
A prayer to every religion just in case.
Pick up a brand-new car At the nearby Audi dealership. Then some fast car driving . With vehicle trades along the way.
Always keeping a eye out for hot women.
Then the next 2.3 days Carrying on like real life. Grand theft auto / Doom.
Running over everyone I see.
Until 2 hours to go, eat a meal with my mum and dad.
And the last 5 minutes I will spend hoping that I have not been fooled.
10 seconds to go , embrace my parents tell them I love them.
Then 5 minutes after, find a great spot to hide from the cops, whilst cursing at myself for believing such nonsense.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 12:03:45 AM
At 6/13/2016 7:21:09 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Scenario I: You've been informed by some divine source (or Christopher Hitchen's ghost if you're an atheist) that everyone on planet earth will die for some unstoppable reason in exactly three days. What would you do in this time span? Be as descriptive or expansive as you want. Limit yourself to reality, however.

Scenario II: You've been informed by a professional doctor that you have incurable terminal 3 brain cancer (no symptoms) and are going to die in exactly three days. What would you do in this time span? Be as descriptive or expansive as you want. Limit yourself to reality, however.

I'd spend as much time as possible with loved ones. I'd go to confession and confess all my sins of my entire life.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 12:32:59 AM
Say fu**k you to my job...Call my ex-girlfriends to say fu**k them. Spend time with family, then say f**k you to my liver and drink a gallon of Hennessy.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 1:44:20 AM
At 6/13/2016 10:14:12 AM, Wylted wrote:
I would give my two weeks notice at work and enjoy time with family in my down time.

Admirable, but you would be lying. In either scenario, you'd stop working in 3 days not 2 weeks :D