Jump to topic:

5,000 posts AMA and reflections

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 11:07:57 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I'll start with a brief reflection, because I feel like it. DDO has done a lot to me - more than anyone except a few core members can imagine. Anyone who knows me knows that I was a bad debater, and, more than anything else, a sh!tty voter. It all began around 2 years ago when I was in seventh grade. I was a reasonably good orator, and so I signed up for the annual elocution competition in my school. My school has one competition in each field (e.g. speaking, debate, music, and so forth). My English teacher told me this: "You're a great orator, probably the best in your class, but I'd suggest you join the debate competition instead, judging by your interactions in class."

Note that signing up for the E.C. would have been easier for me by far . . . and I don't doubt that, had I signed up for it, I would have easily passed the audition. Instead, I took my teacher's advice. Advice that was life-changing. So I went ahead, and, on January 23rd, 2015, a Friday, I signed up for the debate competition. The 24th and 25th of January made a weekend, so there wasn't school, and 26 January is India's Republic Day, a federal holiday. The audition, thus, was on the 27th. On the 25th of January, I remembered the existence of a site called "debate.org," a site whose Opinions section I had stumbled upon long ago while researching animal rights"

"and so I joined the site. I started with the topic "advertisements trigger impulsive buying," which was also the topic for the audition, and, for good measure, also debated animal rights and God's existence. As you might know, I was a terrible debater, and won only one of those three debates. So I attended the audition on the 27th. In the debate competition, I learned that preference was given to eighth-graders (the competition doesn't extend to H.S. because proper parliamentary-style debate starts then), and the team I was auditioning for would only take one seventh grader. And a friend of mine defeated me in the audition. So I decided I would do anything to get as strong in debate as possible, and I decided to become active on DDO.

Many people have seen my progress on DDO. I was a bad debater, and I began improving reasonably. I became quite skilled on the topic of God's existence, but was unwilling to adapt to new topics; my style was mechanical, rehearsed, the same topics. I didn't grow much. My voting was objectively horrible - back then, I was probably among the worst voters. I started out casting two or three votes that were removed, and F-16 -- then the assistant vote moderator -- explained the standards to me. I had a few conversations with Bluesteel on the issue, and started crafting votes according to the standards; sufficient votes. Since then, I have only had two votes removed. One removed because, per convention, I awarded the conduct point to a side that conceded and argument points to the winning side, but the failure to explain conduct caused the vote to be removed. But the moderators (Bluesteel and F-16) didn't take that into consideration on "removing voting privileges," or anything like that, because they acknowledged that it was site convention to award conduct like that.

[The only other vote removal came more recently, on an AOW ("Art of War") debate where one side was the agreed winner and I awarded the victory to that side, but Whiteflame removed the vote for failing to explain arguments. We discussed it over PMs and resolved the issue (and, just as an FYI, we've agreed that you can award the victory to the side that wins at the end in an AOW debate if the win is objectively clear and there weren't violations of realism).]

But a "sufficient" vote does not a good vote make. You can cast sufficient votes for any side, with any logic, on a debate, even when the winner is objectively clear. The extent to which judge interventionism is possible is huge. So at that time, YYW and FT were the people who primarily criticized my voting -- and I owe them an *immense* debt for doing that. I think I'm a reasonably good voter now, and that has also significantly helped me in crafting rebuttals. Anyhow, let me continue.

YYW, Raisor, and Whiteflame, and later FT, have been my primary mentors regarding debating itself, and how to debate. After reading FT's debates (though, admittedly, I read his debates with Kasmic and DK on drug legalization only after I finished *my* first debate on drug legalization), I moved on to reading debates of other established debaters, such as Bluesteel, Danielle and Kleptin. My first debate on this site in which I displayed some level of proper skill was my debate with Fire on a smoking ban. Then I started debating more versatile topics.

My debating skill has grown a lot thanks to the site. So, in February, I auditioned to the same debating competition in my school, won a spot, and won one debate and lost another. I continued practicing, both speaking and debating, and learned how to craft short arguments within very limited time. My writing RFDs similarly helped me flow and craft rebuttals. And so, in April, I went to a formal debate competition - in the same style as WSCD - and while my team lost 2 debates out of 3, individually I was acknowledged as the second best debater across everyone (around 600-800 people). And I've continued to grow.

And it isn't just growth as a debater - the amount of knowledge I've gained from this site is immense. I joined as a centrist, with slightly liberal views (which would be considered conservative in England). Regardless, I didn't understand what "conservatism" was or how it made any sense. Until I had my first interactions with 16kadams and ResponsiblyIrresponsible, that is. The two of them convinced me into first becoming a conservative, then a moderate libertarian - I have had countless interactions with the two of them, as well as with 1historygenius, and I enjoyed every bit of it. Then, I started interacting with Romanii, Skepsikyma, Thett and YYW, with continued interactions with ResponsiblyIrresponsible, and now I'm a leftist, even by European terms. I've learned lots from this site: on economics, politics, philosophy, social issues, physics, biology, chemistry, history" even music. Almost every subject. I've learned more from this site than I did in any period of time in my life prior to that.

I'm reshaping my views now. I'm a different person from what I was, even a few months ago. I used to be an idealist. If you see my sig, you'll see a quote from George Carlin that describes me: "A cynic is a disappointed idealist." Politics is disappointing. The community is deteriorating to an extent, but I still have people I can talk to. DDO's own internal politics and struggles are pathetic. I miss the days when this wasn't there. But DDO is still satisfying and fulfills something I lack in real life, sadly: intellectual discussion. So that's why I'm here.

There ends the reflection. Since I've reached 5,000 posts, ask me anything - nothing more for me to do, since I don't care enough to be creative.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 11:30:58 AM
At 6/13/2016 11:07:57 AM, tejretics wrote:
I'll start with a brief reflection, because I feel like it. DDO has done a lot to me - more than anyone except a few core members can imagine. Anyone who knows me knows that I was a bad debater, and, more than anything else, a sh!tty voter. It all began around 2 years ago when I was in seventh grade. I was a reasonably good orator, and so I signed up for the annual elocution competition in my school. My school has one competition in each field (e.g. speaking, debate, music, and so forth). My English teacher told me this: "You're a great orator, probably the best in your class, but I'd suggest you join the debate competition instead, judging by your interactions in class."

Note that signing up for the E.C. would have been easier for me by far . . . and I don't doubt that, had I signed up for it, I would have easily passed the audition. Instead, I took my teacher's advice. Advice that was life-changing. So I went ahead, and, on January 23rd, 2015, a Friday, I signed up for the debate competition. The 24th and 25th of January made a weekend, so there wasn't school, and 26 January is India's Republic Day, a federal holiday. The audition, thus, was on the 27th. On the 25th of January, I remembered the existence of a site called "debate.org," a site whose Opinions section I had stumbled upon long ago while researching animal rights"

"and so I joined the site. I started with the topic "advertisements trigger impulsive buying," which was also the topic for the audition, and, for good measure, also debated animal rights and God's existence. As you might know, I was a terrible debater, and won only one of those three debates. So I attended the audition on the 27th. In the debate competition, I learned that preference was given to eighth-graders (the competition doesn't extend to H.S. because proper parliamentary-style debate starts then), and the team I was auditioning for would only take one seventh grader. And a friend of mine defeated me in the audition. So I decided I would do anything to get as strong in debate as possible, and I decided to become active on DDO.

Many people have seen my progress on DDO. I was a bad debater, and I began improving reasonably. I became quite skilled on the topic of God's existence, but was unwilling to adapt to new topics; my style was mechanical, rehearsed, the same topics. I didn't grow much. My voting was objectively horrible - back then, I was probably among the worst voters. I started out casting two or three votes that were removed, and F-16 -- then the assistant vote moderator -- explained the standards to me. I had a few conversations with Bluesteel on the issue, and started crafting votes according to the standards; sufficient votes. Since then, I have only had two votes removed. One removed because, per convention, I awarded the conduct point to a side that conceded and argument points to the winning side, but the failure to explain conduct caused the vote to be removed. But the moderators (Bluesteel and F-16) didn't take that into consideration on "removing voting privileges," or anything like that, because they acknowledged that it was site convention to award conduct like that.

[The only other vote removal came more recently, on an AOW ("Art of War") debate where one side was the agreed winner and I awarded the victory to that side, but Whiteflame removed the vote for failing to explain arguments. We discussed it over PMs and resolved the issue (and, just as an FYI, we've agreed that you can award the victory to the side that wins at the end in an AOW debate if the win is objectively clear and there weren't violations of realism).]

But a "sufficient" vote does not a good vote make. You can cast sufficient votes for any side, with any logic, on a debate, even when the winner is objectively clear. The extent to which judge interventionism is possible is huge. So at that time, YYW and FT were the people who primarily criticized my voting -- and I owe them an *immense* debt for doing that. I think I'm a reasonably good voter now, and that has also significantly helped me in crafting rebuttals. Anyhow, let me continue.

YYW, Raisor, and Whiteflame, and later FT, have been my primary mentors regarding debating itself, and how to debate. After reading FT's debates (though, admittedly, I read his debates with Kasmic and DK on drug legalization only after I finished *my* first debate on drug legalization), I moved on to reading debates of other established debaters, such as Bluesteel, Danielle and Kleptin. My first debate on this site in which I displayed some level of proper skill was my debate with Fire on a smoking ban. Then I started debating more versatile topics.

My debating skill has grown a lot thanks to the site. So, in February, I auditioned to the same debating competition in my school, won a spot, and won one debate and lost another. I continued practicing, both speaking and debating, and learned how to craft short arguments within very limited time. My writing RFDs similarly helped me flow and craft rebuttals. And so, in April, I went to a formal debate competition - in the same style as WSCD - and while my team lost 2 debates out of 3, individually I was acknowledged as the second best debater across everyone (around 600-800 people). And I've continued to grow.

And it isn't just growth as a debater - the amount of knowledge I've gained from this site is immense. I joined as a centrist, with slightly liberal views (which would be considered conservative in England). Regardless, I didn't understand what "conservatism" was or how it made any sense. Until I had my first interactions with 16kadams and ResponsiblyIrresponsible, that is. The two of them convinced me into first becoming a conservative, then a moderate libertarian - I have had countless interactions with the two of them, as well as with 1historygenius, and I enjoyed every bit of it. Then, I started interacting with Romanii, Skepsikyma, Thett and YYW, with continued interactions with ResponsiblyIrresponsible, and now I'm a leftist, even by European terms. I've learned lots from this site: on economics, politics, philosophy, social issues, physics, biology, chemistry, history" even music. Almost every subject. I've learned more from this site than I did in any period of time in my life prior to that.

I'm reshaping my views now. I'm a different person from what I was, even a few months ago. I used to be an idealist. If you see my sig, you'll see a quote from George Carlin that describes me: "A cynic is a disappointed idealist." Politics is disappointing. The community is deteriorating to an extent, but I still have people I can talk to. DDO's own internal politics and struggles are pathetic. I miss the days when this wasn't there. But DDO is still satisfying and fulfills something I lack in real life, sadly: intellectual discussion. So that's why I'm here.

There ends the reflection. Since I've reached 5,000 posts, ask me anything - nothing more for me to do, since I don't care enough to be creative.

Hi tejretics
In 1 sentence , what does your post say?
And what does brief mean to you ?
Thx mate
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 11:33:48 AM
At 6/13/2016 11:30:58 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
In 1 sentence , what does your post say?

DDO has taught me a lot, I've grown on it and met many awesome people; recent stuff on here, though, is useless.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ballpit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 11:44:05 AM
HOM?

What are the things that you think are the most important things you have learned on DDO?

What do you think of the shooting in orlando this weekend?

Lastly are you the real Tejrectis?
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org......
Welcome Thread:
New Members Read Me:
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 2:03:11 PM
At 6/13/2016 11:44:05 AM, ballpit wrote:
HOM?

Haven't interacted with you.

What are the things that you think are the most important things you have learned on DDO?

I've learned how to write a coherent argument without using jargon or generally difficult language, and I've learned to be succinct/concise in writing arguments.

I think it's horrible, and something needs to be done to prevent such occurrences in the future. What has to be done, I don't know.

Lastly are you the real Tejretics?

I suppose so.
ballpit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 2:10:42 PM
At 6/13/2016 2:03:11 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 6/13/2016 11:44:05 AM, ballpit wrote:
HOM?

Haven't interacted with you.
Follow up question as a fellow member of the VU do you think my votes are sufficient
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

I've learned how to write a coherent argument without using jargon or generally difficult language, and I've learned to be succinct/concise in writing arguments.

I think it's horrible, and something needs to be done to prevent such occurrences in the future. What has to be done, I don't know.

Lastly are you the real Tejretics?

I suppose so.
What do you mean I suppose so it is a yes or a no?
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
Welcome Thread:
New Members Read Me:
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 2:14:30 PM
At 6/13/2016 2:10:42 PM, ballpit wrote:
Follow up question as a fellow member of the VU do you think my votes are sufficient?

I'll look into them.

What do you mean I suppose so it is a yes or a no?

Not sure what you mean by "real Tejretics." I'm the only "Tejretics" on the site, if that helps.
kasmic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 2:20:16 PM
Who in your opinion are the top ten active debaters on this site.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 3:07:34 PM
At 6/13/2016 2:20:16 PM, kasmic wrote:

I don't think it is possible to list out ten debaters who are the "best," because of the limited sample of argument quality and inconsistency in skill. I also don't think it is a productive thing to do. There are multiple very strong active debaters, probably more than 10, who would all be equal on separate days, e.g. Raisor, YYW, Danielle, FT, Thett, and so on.
kasmic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 3:12:23 PM
At 6/13/2016 3:07:34 PM, tejretics wrote:

I don't think it is possible to list out ten debaters who are the "best," because of the limited sample of argument quality and inconsistency in skill. I also don't think it is a productive thing to do. There are multiple very strong active debaters, probably more than 10, who would all be equal on separate days, e.g. Raisor, YYW, Danielle, FT, Thett, and so on.

Would you put me in the top 100!?!?! haha

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 4:11:12 PM
At 6/13/2016 3:12:23 PM, kasmic wrote:

Probably.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
kasmic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 4:15:39 PM
At 6/13/2016 4:11:12 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Probably.

Point being, there are not 100 active debaters.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 4:18:18 PM
At 6/13/2016 4:15:39 PM, kasmic wrote:
At 6/13/2016 4:11:12 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Probably.

Point being, there are not 100 active debaters.

I know that, though I'm sure overall.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 7:26:31 PM

Honest opinion of me?

Congrats! :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 7:41:20 PM

Honest opinion. Also, did I send you that wall of questions already?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
MrVindication
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 1:30:48 AM

Honest Opinion.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 10:47:38 AM
At 6/13/2016 7:41:20 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Honest opinion.

I haven't really interacted with you at all. I hear you're a great moderator though.

Also, did I send you that wall of questions already?

Don't remember answering a wall of questions. Possibly.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 10:48:50 AM
At 6/13/2016 7:26:31 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Honest opinion of me?

You're a cool, friendly person, and aren't a bad debater from what I've seen. I would suggest you reevaluate your political positions, however.

Congrats! :)

Thanks.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 11:41:34 AM

Anything?

Let a0,a1,...an be real numbers with the property that:

(a0)+(a1/2)+(a2/3)+...(an/n+1)=0

Prove that the equation:

(a0)+(a1x)+(a2x^3)+...(anx^n)=0
Meh!
Jerry947
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 12:10:13 PM

You didn't reshape your views because of what people said on this website did you?
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 3:05:07 PM
At 6/14/2016 12:10:13 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
You didn't reshape your views because of what people said on this website did you?

I did. I reshaped a lot of my views because of this website.

I joined as someone who had no clue what my ideology was and didn't know what "conservatism" meant as a political ideology, I then became a center-right libertarian/conservative (e.g. I supported tax cuts, opposed a minimum wage, opposed labor unions, supported free market-health care, and so on), and I'm now a leftist.
Jerry947
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 3:10:34 PM
At 6/14/2016 3:05:07 PM, tejretics wrote:

I did. I reshaped a lot of my views because of this website.

No offence...but that is scary.

I joined as someone who had no clue what my ideology was and didn't know what "conservatism" meant as a political ideology, I then became a center-right libertarian/conservative (e.g. I supported tax cuts, opposed a minimum wage, opposed labor unions, supported free market-health care, and so on), and I'm now a leftist.

The level of thinking that goes on in this site isn't all that impressive. I would never recommend anyone to use this site (composed mostly of atheists) for shaping their worldview.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 3:16:32 PM
At 6/14/2016 3:10:34 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
The level of thinking that goes on in this site isn't all that impressive. I would never recommend anyone to use this site (composed mostly of atheists) for shaping their worldview.

The site has awesomely smart people, whom you've clearly not interacted with. I've talked to YYW, 16k, JMK, Skepsikyma, Thett, Raisor, Hayd, 1harder, Romanii, and so on, and they're all *immensely* smart people. I'll note that four of the people I listed, for whatever relevance this has, believe in God, three are apathetic/agnostic, and one of them is an atheist who believes that religion is a positive force for society.

And I have no clue what atheism has to do with anything, since the views I'm talking about are those related to social, economic and political issues.
Jerry947
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 3:20:43 PM
At 6/14/2016 3:16:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 6/14/2016 3:10:34 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

The site has awesomely smart people, whom you've clearly not interacted with. I've talked to YYW, 16k, JMK, Skepsikyma, Thett, Raisor, Hayd, 1harder, Romanii, and so on, and they're all *immensely* smart people. I'll note that four of the people I listed, for whatever relevance this has, believe in God, three are apathetic/agnostic, and one of them is an atheist who believes that religion is a positive force for society.

I never said that there were not smart people on this site and I have interacted with a few people on that list.

And I have no clue what atheism has to do with anything, since the views I'm talking about are those related to social, economic and political issues.

My point wasn't really about atheism, it was about the danger of shaping your beliefs using an internet website.
kasmic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 3:24:55 PM

In fairness to say the views changed because of this website is perhaps misleading. I think it fair to say my views changed as I have studied, debated, conversed, and otherwise delved into topics at a deeper level. This website has been a platform by which I have been able to do those things. I would imagine it is the same for Tejretics.

Jerry947
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 3:28:14 PM
At 6/14/2016 3:24:55 PM, kasmic wrote:

In fairness to say the views changed because of this website is perhaps misleading. I think it fair to say my views changed as I have studied, debated, conversed, and otherwise delved into topics at a deeper level. This website has been a platform by which I have been able to do those things. I would imagine it is the same for Tejretics.

Interesting...this site hasn't gotten me to think deeply about anything. To do that, I read books and listen to the smartest people I can find. I haven't heard any new or impressive arguments on this site...but maybe that is just me.
kasmic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 3:31:44 PM
At 6/14/2016 3:28:14 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

Interesting...this site hasn't gotten me to think deeply about anything. To do that, I read books and listen to the smartest people I can find. I haven't heard any new or impressive arguments on this site...but maybe that is just me.

Well, it depends... are your arguments on here your own or genuine. How about your conversations. It seems to me that you get out of this website what you put in.

Jerry947
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 3:34:56 PM
At 6/14/2016 3:31:44 PM, kasmic wrote:

Well, it depends... are your arguments on here your own or genuine. How about your conversations. It seems to me that you get out of this website what you put in.

I think my arguments are genuine and do have my own touch to them.

I do learn things from people, but I doubt that people really ever learn anything from me (at least on this site). People are already set in their ways...
kasmic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 3:36:36 PM
At 6/14/2016 3:34:56 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

I do learn things from people, but I doubt that people really ever learn anything from me (at least on this site). People are already set in their ways...

Well, we see the world often as a reflection of ourselfs. I felt like I gained something from our conversation through message, though I did not change my opinion.

Jerry947
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 3:38:37 PM
At 6/14/2016 3:36:36 PM, kasmic wrote:
At 6/14/2016 3:34:56 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

Well, we see the world often as a reflection of ourselfs. I felt like I gained something from our conversation through message, though I did not change my opinion.

Well, you are also one of the more fun people to converse with on this site. You respect your opponents and at least understand the arguments being given.