Jump to topic:

I don't want children.

ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 8:03:51 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
My reasons are: 1. My medical problems are mostly genetic. 2, Mu ,eds casuse birth defects. 3. Pregnancy would make me suicidal. I am speaking up because I am an implantationist, and I don't think people should be forced to have children.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 8:28:16 PM
At 6/16/2016 8:03:51 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
My reasons are: 1. My medical problems are mostly genetic. 2, Mu ,eds casuse birth defects. 3. Pregnancy would make me suicidal. I am speaking up because I am an implantationist, and I don't think people should be forced to have children.

Okay
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:07:42 PM

If you don't want children then don't engage in activities that will produce them. It's called personal responsibility.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:13:29 PM
At 6/16/2016 9:07:42 PM, sadolite wrote:

If you don't want children then don't engage in activities that will produce them. It's called personal responsibility.

I haver the right to choose. This is my boidy, and my right. Contraception is a right. Not your body? Not your choice.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:14:57 PM
At 6/16/2016 9:13:29 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:

I haver the right to choose. This is my boidy, and my right. Contraception is a right. Not your body? Not your choice.

Contraception is not a right. You haven't the slightest clue of what a right is.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:24:19 PM
At 6/16/2016 9:14:57 PM, sadolite wrote:

Yes contr
Contraception is not a right. You haven't the slightest clue of what a right is.

Yes contraception is a right. I have the right to choose what to do with my body.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:35:06 PM
My reasons are: 1. My medical problems are mostly genetic. 2, My meds cause birth defects. 3. Pregnancy would make me suicidal. I am speaking up because I am an implantationist, and I don't think people should be forced to have children.

Good job exercising common sense.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:38:39 PM
At 6/16/2016 9:35:06 PM, SamStevens wrote:
My reasons are: 1. My medical problems are mostly genetic. 2, My meds cause birth defects. 3. Pregnancy would make me suicidal. I am speaking up because I am an implantationist, and I don't think people should be forced to have children.

You are off topic.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:39:41 PM

The right to use a contraceptive is crystal clear, the right to get free contraceptives is not. Not your wallet? Not your money.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 9:40:18 PM
At 6/16/2016 9:38:39 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
At 6/16/2016 9:35:06 PM, SamStevens wrote:

You are off topic.

How so?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 10:26:11 PM
At 6/16/2016 9:39:41 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

The right to use a contraceptive is crystal clear, the right to get free contraceptives is not. Not your wallet? Not your money.

That's why I told Ilovesitarmusic that he/she or it doesn't have the slightest clue of what a right is. And you can't do what ever you want with your body either, you also don't have a right to have children. But again he/she/it wont get it because they don't know what a right is.

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 10:46:27 PM
At 6/16/2016 10:26:11 PM, sadolite wrote:

That's why I told Ilovesitarmusic that he/she or it doesn't have the slightest clue of what a right is. And you can't do what ever you want with your body either, you also don't have a right to have children. But again he/she/it wont get it because they don't know what a right is.

I agree. It's pretty much a fact that sitarmusic is an absolute moron.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 11:01:41 PM
At 6/16/2016 10:46:27 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

I agree. It's pretty much a fact that sitarmusic is an absolute moron.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 12:22:27 AM

And that should be entirely your choice, up until the point where a pregnancy occurs. To minimise risks of pregnancy, do not have sex. If you ignore this piece of advice and have sex anyway, then take every possible precaution to avoid pregnancy.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 12:36:33 AM
At 6/17/2016 12:25:11 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
If you don't want a baby, get your tubes tied.

Gladly. When I meet someone, my tubes will be tied or removed. :)
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 12:56:03 AM

Its called condoms...birth control...plan B
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:18:43 AM
If you don't want to have children that's your prerogative. Sex is a natural part of adult life, but appropriate precautions should be a part of you plan to remain childless. No birth control is 100% effective, condoms and the pill or other type of BC should be considered so no hard decisions need to be made in case of an accidental pregnancy. Woman should not feel obligated to become mothers. Some should never be moms.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:20:27 AM

Then don't have them. Instead of having children, have a nice day.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:30:51 AM
At 6/17/2016 1:20:27 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Then don't have them. Instead of having children, have a nice day.
Advice taken. :)
difference
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 2:51:13 AM

Why would you want children anyway?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 4:11:14 AM
At 6/17/2016 12:56:03 AM, Rosalie wrote:

Its called condoms...birth control...plan B

Ya those don't always work. My statement stands.

PurpleEatter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 7:02:45 PM

Actually there is certain laws regarding 'what you can do with your body' and reproductive rights (what it is considered)