Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Oh, you're one of THOSE people

PetersSmith
Posts: 6,894
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 4:58:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sometimes when you reveal something about yourself or behave in a certain way, a response from someone would be "oh, you're one of THOSE people". Automatically grouping you into a category that is "usually" perceived negatively from the one who grouped you. How often are you told this by someone? What's your general reaction to it? What "one of those people" have you been classified as? Discuss.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 4:33:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 4:58:08 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Sometimes when you reveal something about yourself or behave in a certain way, a response from someone would be "oh, you're one of THOSE people". Automatically grouping you into a category that is "usually" perceived negatively from the one who grouped you. How often are you told this by someone? What's your general reaction to it? What "one of those people" have you been classified as? Discuss.

It's not always meant in a condescending way.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Rosalie
Posts: 5,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 6:14:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Me "my family owns guns"

"Oh, you're one of THOSE people"
I'm the press conference, you're a conversation.

"I hate f@ggots"-Zaroette
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 6:59:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm not sure how many of you know the UK Political System, but once you come out as a conservative, it's as if you've just slapped everyone in the face. It's so bad over here they use it as an insult. As if being Center right was the objectively worst thing to be.
TUF
Posts: 23,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:29:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'll say this to people sometimes jokingly. Hopefully they don't take it in that way.

Like if someone says they refuse to go to McDonald's, or want to give you a lecture about (insert Privilege Checking thing here) about any topic or joke you bring up.

I mean I'll probably roll my eyes a bit at people like that, but won't completely hold it against them or think past it for long.
We all go a little mad sometimes.
TUF
Posts: 23,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:29:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 6:59:59 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
I'm not sure how many of you know the UK Political System, but once you come out as a conservative, it's as if you've just slapped everyone in the face. It's so bad over here they use it as an insult. As if being Center right was the objectively worst thing to be.

The opposite where I live. Being Center left is a sin.
We all go a little mad sometimes.
TUF
Posts: 23,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:32:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Ooh, people that claim to love video gaming but only play COD. They're one of THOSE people. "Dude Bro's"
We all go a little mad sometimes.
Rosalie
Posts: 5,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:37:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 7:32:33 PM, TUF wrote:
Ooh, people that claim to love video gaming but only play COD. They're one of THOSE people. "Dude Bro's"

Wanna fite?
I'm the press conference, you're a conversation.

"I hate f@ggots"-Zaroette
TUF
Posts: 23,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:39:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 7:37:47 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:32:33 PM, TUF wrote:
Ooh, people that claim to love video gaming but only play COD. They're one of THOSE people. "Dude Bro's"

Wanna fite?

Yeah, I am down. Meet me in the religion forum after school, no friends or weapons.
We all go a little mad sometimes.
Rosalie
Posts: 5,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:41:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 7:39:55 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:37:47 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:32:33 PM, TUF wrote:
Ooh, people that claim to love video gaming but only play COD. They're one of THOSE people. "Dude Bro's"

Wanna fite?

Yeah, I am down. Meet me in the religion forum after school, no friends or weapons.

Meh....I prefer the Science forum, but YOLO.
I don't even need weapons..unlike you. :)
I'm the press conference, you're a conversation.

"I hate f@ggots"-Zaroette
TUF
Posts: 23,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:43:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 7:41:56 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:39:55 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:37:47 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:32:33 PM, TUF wrote:
Ooh, people that claim to love video gaming but only play COD. They're one of THOSE people. "Dude Bro's"

Wanna fite?

Yeah, I am down. Meet me in the religion forum after school, no friends or weapons.

Meh....I prefer the Science forum, but YOLO.

Yeah but your a "Dude Bro" so your opinion doesn't matter.

I don't even need weapons..unlike you. :)

You'll see!
We all go a little mad sometimes.
Rosalie
Posts: 5,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:45:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 7:43:03 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:41:56 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:39:55 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:37:47 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:32:33 PM, TUF wrote:
Ooh, people that claim to love video gaming but only play COD. They're one of THOSE people. "Dude Bro's"

Wanna fite?

Yeah, I am down. Meet me in the religion forum after school, no friends or weapons.

Meh....I prefer the Science forum, but YOLO.

Yeah but your a "Dude Bro" so your opinion doesn't matter.

I don't even need weapons..unlike you. :)

You'll see!

And you're just a nerdgasm.

I'll see? Trust me...I've seen enough. :)
I'm the press conference, you're a conversation.

"I hate f@ggots"-Zaroette
TUF
Posts: 23,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:47:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 7:45:17 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:43:03 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:41:56 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:39:55 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:37:47 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:32:33 PM, TUF wrote:
Ooh, people that claim to love video gaming but only play COD. They're one of THOSE people. "Dude Bro's"

Wanna fite?

Yeah, I am down. Meet me in the religion forum after school, no friends or weapons.

Meh....I prefer the Science forum, but YOLO.

Yeah but your a "Dude Bro" so your opinion doesn't matter.

I don't even need weapons..unlike you. :)

You'll see!

And you're just a nerdgasm.

I'll see? Trust me...I've seen enough. :)

You ain't seen nothing yet hun
We all go a little mad sometimes.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:48:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 4:51:35 PM, XLAV wrote:
Is this like being grouped with feminists?

D
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Rosalie
Posts: 5,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:50:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 7:47:03 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:45:17 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:43:03 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:41:56 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:39:55 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:37:47 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:32:33 PM, TUF wrote:
Ooh, people that claim to love video gaming but only play COD. They're one of THOSE people. "Dude Bro's"

Wanna fite?

Yeah, I am down. Meet me in the religion forum after school, no friends or weapons.

Meh....I prefer the Science forum, but YOLO.

Yeah but your a "Dude Bro" so your opinion doesn't matter.

I don't even need weapons..unlike you. :)

You'll see!

And you're just a nerdgasm.

I'll see? Trust me...I've seen enough. :)

You ain't seen nothing yet hun

Prove it.
I'm the press conference, you're a conversation.

"I hate f@ggots"-Zaroette
TUF
Posts: 23,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:52:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 7:50:56 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:47:03 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:45:17 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:43:03 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:41:56 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:39:55 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:37:47 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:32:33 PM, TUF wrote:
Ooh, people that claim to love video gaming but only play COD. They're one of THOSE people. "Dude Bro's"

Wanna fite?

Yeah, I am down. Meet me in the religion forum after school, no friends or weapons.

Meh....I prefer the Science forum, but YOLO.

Yeah but your a "Dude Bro" so your opinion doesn't matter.

I don't even need weapons..unlike you. :)

You'll see!

And you're just a nerdgasm.

I'll see? Trust me...I've seen enough. :)

You ain't seen nothing yet hun

Prove it.

Snaps.
We all go a little mad sometimes.
Rosalie
Posts: 5,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:55:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 7:52:08 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:50:56 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:47:03 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:45:17 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:43:03 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:41:56 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:39:55 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:37:47 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/23/2016 7:32:33 PM, TUF wrote:
Ooh, people that claim to love video gaming but only play COD. They're one of THOSE people. "Dude Bro's"

Wanna fite?

Yeah, I am down. Meet me in the religion forum after school, no friends or weapons.

Meh....I prefer the Science forum, but YOLO.

Yeah but your a "Dude Bro" so your opinion doesn't matter.

I don't even need weapons..unlike you. :)

You'll see!

And you're just a nerdgasm.

I'll see? Trust me...I've seen enough. :)

You ain't seen nothing yet hun

Prove it.

Snaps.

o oh giddy!!! I can't wait. ;)
I'm the press conference, you're a conversation.

"I hate f@ggots"-Zaroette
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 9:50:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 4:58:08 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
What's your general reaction to it?
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
sadolite
Posts: 9,574
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 3:24:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This sht happens to me all the time but IDGAF what people think of me and in the end most who do this to me find out later that it was a big mistake when they need someone to fix their house or car. I just completely zero people like this out. I don't say anything. I just act like everything is OK . I will purposely lie right to their face and say I can't help them I am to busy.
Rosalie
Posts: 5,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 5:05:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 4:51:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/23/2016 6:14:00 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Me "my family owns guns"

"Oh, you're one of THOSE people"

x2

Where have you been!?
I'm the press conference, you're a conversation.

"I hate f@ggots"-Zaroette
YYW
Posts: 43,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 5:06:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 5:05:32 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/24/2016 4:51:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/23/2016 6:14:00 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Me "my family owns guns"

"Oh, you're one of THOSE people"

x2

Where have you been!?

https://www.youtube.com...
Rosalie
Posts: 5,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 5:50:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 5:06:41 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 5:05:32 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/24/2016 4:51:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/23/2016 6:14:00 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Me "my family owns guns"

"Oh, you're one of THOSE people"

x2

Where have you been!?

https://www.youtube.com...


What a loser. I'm coming to Chicago next week. Lets hang.
I'm the press conference, you're a conversation.

"I hate f@ggots"-Zaroette
Wylted
Posts: 24,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 6:09:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 4:58:08 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Sometimes when you reveal something about yourself or behave in a certain way, a response from someone would be "oh, you're one of THOSE people". Automatically grouping you into a category that is "usually" perceived negatively from the one who grouped you. How often are you told this by someone? What's your general reaction to it? What "one of those people" have you been classified as? Discuss.

Usually people say that in good humor, if you are one of those people that are offended at that statement, you need to get a grip

My reaction is that I don't react, I am not overly sensitive, and know that close to 100% of the time people say that in good humor
Wylted
Posts: 24,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 6:10:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 7:29:44 PM, TUF wrote:
At 6/23/2016 6:59:59 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
I'm not sure how many of you know the UK Political System, but once you come out as a conservative, it's as if you've just slapped everyone in the face. It's so bad over here they use it as an insult. As if being Center right was the objectively worst thing to be.

The opposite where I live. Being Center left is a sin.

as it should be
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 6:21:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 5:50:02 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/24/2016 5:06:41 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 5:05:32 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/24/2016 4:51:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/23/2016 6:14:00 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Me "my family owns guns"

"Oh, you're one of THOSE people"

x2

Where have you been!?

https://www.youtube.com...


What a loser. I'm coming to Chicago next week. Lets hang.

Oh, your one of those girls.
Axonly
Posts: 2,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 10:36:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 4:33:24 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:58:08 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Sometimes when you reveal something about yourself or behave in a certain way, a response from someone would be "oh, you're one of THOSE people". Automatically grouping you into a category that is "usually" perceived negatively from the one who grouped you. How often are you told this by someone? What's your general reaction to it? What "one of those people" have you been classified as? Discuss.

It's not always meant in a condescending way.

Oh, you're one of THOSE people.
"Hate begets hate"