Jump to topic:

Quitting my job today

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:38:39 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I am currently in my last rotation ever at my job of 4 years, finally moving on to bigger and better things. I loved my job, the people, the management, but it's time to move on and make more money.

It feels sad and liberating at the same time.

Please share stories of you quitting your Job here. Share the emotions you felt leaving, or the excitement about leaving a crappy job, or maybe even if there was some juicy drama when you left your job.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 9:34:22 PM
The last time i quit a job that was memorable was years ago when I quit a fast food job by stripping off my uniform mid shift and walking out in just my boxers. That was dolly satisfying to do
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 9:56:39 PM
At 6/23/2016 7:38:39 PM, TUF wrote:
I am currently in my last rotation ever at my job of 4 years, finally moving on to bigger and better things. I loved my job, the people, the management, but it's time to move on and make more money.

Please share stories of you quitting your Job here. Share the emotions you felt leaving, or the excitement about leaving a crappy job, or maybe even if there was some juicy drama when you left your job.

What were you doing? Still the military?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 10:40:59 PM
At 6/23/2016 9:56:39 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

What were you doing? Still the military?

I was a security guard for Ebay, and yes I'm still in the military. Will be working for Netflix now.

What about yoh?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 10:41:45 PM
At 6/23/2016 9:34:22 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
The last time i quit a job that was memorable was years ago when I quit a fast food job by stripping off my uniform mid shift and walking out in just my boxers. That was dolly satisfying to do

Pics or it didn't happen.

Jk. That's fvcking awesome though.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 7:44:27 PM

I've only ever quit my job(s) in the past because they were terrible work-environments or the pay didn't justify the work. So, for me, it has always been a liberating experience. I'm about at that point with my current job too, I just can't wait to finish law school and begin my actual career.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 8:36:29 PM
At 6/23/2016 10:40:59 PM, TUF wrote:
I was a security guard for Ebay, and yes I'm still in the military. Will be working for Netflix now.

My friend works for Netflix (in Florida) and loves it. What will you be doing there? Congrats on your next step!
President of DDO
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 3:24:45 PM
At 7/1/2016 8:36:29 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 6/23/2016 10:40:59 PM, TUF wrote:

My friend works for Netflix (in Florida) and loves it. What will you be doing there? Congrats on your next step!

I am gonna be a tech support representative on the phone. Netflix is a great company just finished week one of training, love that they treat you like an adult.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 2:20:42 AM
I didn't quit my job, but I don't work there anymore. I didn't get fired or laid off, so it's hard to say what happened. It's not easy to get into this line of business, but its easy to assume otherwise. For a company filled with ragged misfits, I suppose the Bad News Bears summarizes the payroll nicely. On any given day you'll find Beavis and Butthead stumbling an hour behind any deadline, which never seems to matter when the project manager is Homer Simpson. The rest of the crew wasn't much to look at, but look away and you better check your wallet. We were criminals and masterminds, and we were sloppy.

Office furniture installation work is tricky business when your not on drugs. Luckily , we never had that problem. Pez dispensers for pills, e-ciggarrettes filled with liquid meth amphetamine, and nobody was the wiser. We were always slow to go, but quick on the run. Running and running, always on the run, yet never in shape. So that's life, when you're in the Bad News Bears gang.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 2:10:59 AM
My most memorable times quitting were when i quit Taco Bell and when I quit Burger King.

When I quit Burger King, it was by walking out mid-shift. It was my third day there, the manager didn't give a flying fvck about labor laws, she was a horrible b!tch, and the "sanitation policies" made me want to vomit to the point where I haven't eaten at BK in the 3 years since. I had just walked away from my home life for good because I was not going to take another minute of being treated like I was less than the sh!t under someone's shoe, so this didn't sit well with me. I told her I quit, walked out, and never looked back.

When I quit Taco Bell, it was after I had worked there a year. It was a pretty tough year in my life and I had managed to take some workforce development training at the community college and secured myself a job making more than the GM there did. I loved most of the people there and they were all pretty sad to see me go, but so proud. I gave my manager a month's notice because I knew they'd have a tough time replacing me, and at the end of it, I brought in cookies for everyone. I've had a lot of fast food jobs, but that was the only one I actually enjoyed.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 2:18:07 AM
At 6/23/2016 9:34:22 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

I almost did something like that once, but then I remembered it was Buffalo and it was snowing. :( That's badass though