Total Posts:94|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Lets play a game

Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I saw this in a YouTube video the other day and thought it was pretty interesting, so I would like to propose this game to all of you. Let's play :)

Rules:

Listed below are 10 traits with a monetary value to them. You have $5 dollars to buy some of these traits in order to build your ideal girlfriend/boyfriend. So, if you would like your girlfriend/boyfriend to be someone who is funny, you'd spend 1 of your 5 dollars on that trait. Once you've spent all your money please feel free to share your results, I think they will be interesting!

Traits:

Funny - worth $1
Stylish - worth $2
Smart - worth $1
Great Sex - worth $3
Great Body - worth $2
Faithful - worth $2
Tall - worth $1
Short - worth $1
Romantic - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

Remember, You Have $5

Spend them well!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 5:48:58 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
My results:

Smart - worth $1
Great Body - worth $2
Faithful - worth $2
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 7:44:14 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I saw this in a YouTube video the other day and thought it was pretty interesting, so I would like to propose this game to all of you. Let's play :)

Rules:

Listed below are 10 traits with a monetary value to them. You have $5 dollars to buy some of these traits in order to build your ideal girlfriend/boyfriend. So, if you would like your girlfriend/boyfriend to be someone who is funny, you'd spend 1 of your 5 dollars on that trait. Once you've spent all your money please feel free to share your results, I think they will be interesting!

Traits:

Funny - worth $1
Stylish - worth $2
Smart - worth $1
Great Sex - worth $3
Great Body - worth $2
Faithful - worth $2
Tall - worth $1
Short - worth $1
Romantic - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

Remember, You Have $5

Spend them well!

"Cute" isn't up for sale?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 8:28:37 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
My results

Smart - worth $1
Great Body - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:57:55 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Results
Smart - worth $1
Faithful - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ironslippers
Posts: 513
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:25:44 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I saw this in a YouTube video the other day and thought it was pretty interesting, so I would like to propose this game to all of you. Let's play :)

Rules:

Listed below are 10 traits with a monetary value to them. You have $5 dollars to buy some of these traits in order to build your ideal girlfriend/boyfriend. So, if you would like your girlfriend/boyfriend to be someone who is funny, you'd spend 1 of your 5 dollars on that trait. Once you've spent all your money please feel free to share your results, I think they will be interesting!

Traits:

Funny - worth $1
Stylish - worth $2
Smart - worth $1
Great Sex - worth $3
Great Body - worth $2
Faithful - worth $2
Tall - worth $1
Short - worth $1
Romantic - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

Remember, You Have $5

Spend them well!

where is honesty?
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 6:34:35 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Smart - $1
Funny - $1
Romantic - $2

That leaves me with a dollar, but I could hardly give a sh!t over the height of them.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 8:00:27 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 7:44:14 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I saw this in a YouTube video the other day and thought it was pretty interesting, so I would like to propose this game to all of you. Let's play :)

Rules:

Listed below are 10 traits with a monetary value to them. You have $5 dollars to buy some of these traits in order to build your ideal girlfriend/boyfriend. So, if you would like your girlfriend/boyfriend to be someone who is funny, you'd spend 1 of your 5 dollars on that trait. Once you've spent all your money please feel free to share your results, I think they will be interesting!

Traits:

Funny - worth $1
Stylish - worth $2
Smart - worth $1
Great Sex - worth $3
Great Body - worth $2
Faithful - worth $2
Tall - worth $1
Short - worth $1
Romantic - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

Remember, You Have $5

Spend them well!

"Cute" isn't up for sale?

Lol apparently not, but I'd say "Cute" is worth $1. So go ahead and play the game with cute as one of your choices if you'd like, I don't mind at all.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 8:01:37 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 8:28:37 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
My results

Smart - worth $1
Great Body - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

Yeah smart and great body were two of my choices as well. So why did wealthy win out over all the other options?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 8:03:31 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 4:57:55 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Results
Smart - worth $1
Faithful - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

We picked two of the same ones (smart and faithful), and you're the second person now that's chosen wealthy. I'm curious, why did wealthy win out over all the other options for ya?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 8:06:34 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 5:25:44 AM, ironslippers wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I saw this in a YouTube video the other day and thought it was pretty interesting, so I would like to propose this game to all of you. Let's play :)

Rules:

Listed below are 10 traits with a monetary value to them. You have $5 dollars to buy some of these traits in order to build your ideal girlfriend/boyfriend. So, if you would like your girlfriend/boyfriend to be someone who is funny, you'd spend 1 of your 5 dollars on that trait. Once you've spent all your money please feel free to share your results, I think they will be interesting!

Traits:

Funny - worth $1
Stylish - worth $2
Smart - worth $1
Great Sex - worth $3
Great Body - worth $2
Faithful - worth $2
Tall - worth $1
Short - worth $1
Romantic - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

Remember, You Have $5

Spend them well!

where is honesty?

That's a good question. I always viewed honesty as part of faithfulness whenever I first played this myself.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 8:14:10 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 6:34:35 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Smart - $1
Funny - $1
Romantic - $2

That leaves me with a dollar, but I could hardly give a sh!t over the height of them.

Lol, I don't think I've ever ran into a situation where someone had some change remaining. Can you think of any additional trait that would be worth a dollar and was left off the original list? If so, please feel free to add it.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 8:30:09 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 5:48:58 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
My results:

Smart - worth $1
Great Body - worth $2
Faithful - worth $2

Same. Too bad great sex was off the table the second I pucked smart
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 8:31:49 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 8:14:10 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/1/2016 6:34:35 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Smart - $1
Funny - $1
Romantic - $2

That leaves me with a dollar, but I could hardly give a sh!t over the height of them.

Lol, I don't think I've ever ran into a situation where someone had some change remaining. Can you think of any additional trait that would be worth a dollar and was left off the original list? If so, please feel free to add it.

Personally, I just value smart and funny high - I'm surprised they were just a dollar, though I guess something has to be.

Maybe introversion and extroversion as choices. - though I'm not sure if I could even pick between those two necessarily.

I'd have to think about this more.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 1:07:57 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 8:01:37 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:28:37 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
My results

Smart - worth $1
Great Body - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

Yeah smart and great body were two of my choices as well. So why did wealthy win out over all the other options?

Because the other two were the only ones that I really care about at the moment and money is a bonus.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 2:15:13 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 5:48:58 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
My results:

Smart - worth $1
Great Body - worth $2
Faithful - worth $2

A great body does not guarantee great sex. You just wasted two dollars on a gamble to vanity, to which the house usually wins.
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 2:34:30 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 8:03:31 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/1/2016 4:57:55 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Results
Smart - worth $1
Faithful - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

We picked two of the same ones (smart and faithful), and you're the second person now that's chosen wealthy. I'm curious, why did wealthy win out over all the other options for ya?

Financial security is important. Do you know the percentage of divorce caused by bad finances/poverty? 45%. I think that I would want a lasting relationship.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:23:18 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 8:00:27 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 6/30/2016 7:44:14 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I saw this in a YouTube video the other day and thought it was pretty interesting, so I would like to propose this game to all of you. Let's play :)

Rules:

Listed below are 10 traits with a monetary value to them. You have $5 dollars to buy some of these traits in order to build your ideal girlfriend/boyfriend. So, if you would like your girlfriend/boyfriend to be someone who is funny, you'd spend 1 of your 5 dollars on that trait. Once you've spent all your money please feel free to share your results, I think they will be interesting!

Traits:

Funny - worth $1
Stylish - worth $2
Smart - worth $1
Great Sex - worth $3
Great Body - worth $2
Faithful - worth $2
Tall - worth $1
Short - worth $1
Romantic - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

Remember, You Have $5

Spend them well!

"Cute" isn't up for sale?

Lol apparently not, but I'd say "Cute" is worth $1. So go ahead and play the game with cute as one of your choices if you'd like, I don't mind at all.

$2: Faithful
$1: Cute
$1: Smart
$1: Funny
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:29:10 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Frankly, it drives me crazy knowing that most Americans would prefer THIS:
http://galleries2.amakings.com...
to a cute girl.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 9:10:39 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I saw this in a YouTube video the other day and thought it was pretty interesting, so I would like to propose this game to all of you. Let's play :)

Rules:

Listed below are 10 traits with a monetary value to them. You have $5 dollars to buy some of these traits in order to build your ideal girlfriend/boyfriend. So, if you would like your girlfriend/boyfriend to be someone who is funny, you'd spend 1 of your 5 dollars on that trait. Once you've spent all your money please feel free to share your results, I think they will be interesting!

Traits:

Funny - worth $1
Stylish - worth $2
Smart - worth $1
Great Sex - worth $3
Great Body - worth $2
Faithful - worth $2
Tall - worth $1
Short - worth $1
Romantic - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

Remember, You Have $5

Spend them well!
My results:
Smart - $1
Funny - $1
Faithful - $2
Tall - $1
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:32:40 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 8:30:09 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:48:58 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
My results:

Smart - worth $1
Great Body - worth $2
Faithful - worth $2

Same. Too bad great sex was off the table the second I pucked smart

Yeah, great sex was a top contender for me as well. It came down to that or great body for me, and I went with body. I justified it by telling myself that I can get by with good or regular sex, doesn't need to be great at all times.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:36:08 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 8:31:49 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/1/2016 8:14:10 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/1/2016 6:34:35 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Smart - $1
Funny - $1
Romantic - $2

That leaves me with a dollar, but I could hardly give a sh!t over the height of them.

Lol, I don't think I've ever ran into a situation where someone had some change remaining. Can you think of any additional trait that would be worth a dollar and was left off the original list? If so, please feel free to add it.

Personally, I just value smart and funny high - I'm surprised they were just a dollar, though I guess something has to be.

Yeah, those are two great qualities to have for sure. Not sure why they were just a dollar either. I'm not the creator of this game unfortunately, just a fan of it.

Maybe introversion and extroversion as choices. - though I'm not sure if I could even pick between those two necessarily.

Ohhh, that's interesting! Dang man, idk if I could pick between those either. I'm basically both - it just depends how I'm feeling that day. So, it'd be hard to have a partner that heavily leans towards one or the other since I'm a pretty balanced mixture of both myself.

I'd have to think about this more.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:38:40 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 1:07:57 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 7/1/2016 8:01:37 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 6/30/2016 8:28:37 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
My results

Smart - worth $1
Great Body - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

Yeah smart and great body were two of my choices as well. So why did wealthy win out over all the other options?

Because the other two were the only ones that I really care about at the moment and money is a bonus.

That's fair enough. As we grow older and learn more about ourselves and what *we* want out of a partner, we get more and more picky. So I think it'd be easier for older people to pick specific traits they value compared to the younger people that play this game.

Of course, money *is* always a bonus :)
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:39:13 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 1:09:24 PM, Semiya wrote:
Smart $1
Faithful $2
Romantic $2

Nice choices! I think someone with those qualities would make for a fine partner.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:39:25 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I saw this in a YouTube video the other day and thought it was pretty interesting, so I would like to propose this game to all of you. Let's play :)

Rules:

Listed below are 10 traits with a monetary value to them. You have $5 dollars to buy some of these traits in order to build your ideal girlfriend/boyfriend. So, if you would like your girlfriend/boyfriend to be someone who is funny, you'd spend 1 of your 5 dollars on that trait. Once you've spent all your money please feel free to share your results, I think they will be interesting!

Traits:

Funny - worth $1
Stylish - worth $2
Smart - worth $1
Great Sex - worth $3
Great Body - worth $2
Faithful - worth $2
Tall - worth $1
Short - worth $1
Romantic - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

Remember, You Have $5

Spend them well!

Geese....this will be hard.

Faithful, of course..$2
Smart $1
Romantic $2

Didn't do too bad. :)
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:40:39 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 2:15:13 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:48:58 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
My results:

Smart - worth $1
Great Body - worth $2
Faithful - worth $2

A great body does not guarantee great sex. You just wasted two dollars on a gamble to vanity, to which the house usually wins.

Of course, great sex is actually an option as well - so it's already a given that great body doesn't guarentee that.

I chose body over sex though because I could be content with just regular or good sex with a hot chick, but wouldn't be able to make love to a girl I'm not attracted to. So the body outweighed the sex, for me.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:42:53 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 2:34:30 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 8:03:31 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/1/2016 4:57:55 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Results
Smart - worth $1
Faithful - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

We picked two of the same ones (smart and faithful), and you're the second person now that's chosen wealthy. I'm curious, why did wealthy win out over all the other options for ya?

Financial security is important. Do you know the percentage of divorce caused by bad finances/poverty? 45%. I think that I would want a lasting relationship.

You're right about financial security. What I find interesting is that your choice implies that you'd like your partner to be the one with the money, hence why I asked.

It's crazy that bad finances can lead to such a high divorce rate. This is one of the many issues with marrying for any other reason than love, but that is a conversation best saved for another thread.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:43:42 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 5:23:18 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/1/2016 8:00:27 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 6/30/2016 7:44:14 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 6/30/2016 5:47:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I saw this in a YouTube video the other day and thought it was pretty interesting, so I would like to propose this game to all of you. Let's play :)

Rules:

Listed below are 10 traits with a monetary value to them. You have $5 dollars to buy some of these traits in order to build your ideal girlfriend/boyfriend. So, if you would like your girlfriend/boyfriend to be someone who is funny, you'd spend 1 of your 5 dollars on that trait. Once you've spent all your money please feel free to share your results, I think they will be interesting!

Traits:

Funny - worth $1
Stylish - worth $2
Smart - worth $1
Great Sex - worth $3
Great Body - worth $2
Faithful - worth $2
Tall - worth $1
Short - worth $1
Romantic - worth $2
Wealthy - worth $2

Remember, You Have $5

Spend them well!

"Cute" isn't up for sale?

Lol apparently not, but I'd say "Cute" is worth $1. So go ahead and play the game with cute as one of your choices if you'd like, I don't mind at all.

$2: Faithful
$1: Cute
$1: Smart
$1: Funny

Oh man, those are some good choices. Thanks for playing!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:44:52 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 5:29:10 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Frankly, it drives me crazy knowing that most Americans would prefer THIS:
http://galleries2.amakings.com...
to a cute girl.

Ew, she's gross. I'm more of a Charlize Theron guy myself :)
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...