Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

Why do I hate guitar so much?

HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Subutai
Posts: 3,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 3:23:44 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

Acoustic or electric? The thing about the guitar is that it can sound radically different if tuned differently. Not only that, there's amplifiers, distortion, etc...
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 3:26:57 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I absolutely hate electric guitars. Acoustics aren't as bad but its still a guitar. I don't know why though. Guess I just don't like the sound.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Subutai
Posts: 3,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 3:34:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/4/2016 3:26:57 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
I absolutely hate electric guitars. Acoustics aren't as bad but its still a guitar. I don't know why though. Guess I just don't like the sound.

You can't generalize so quickly. I mean you can't honestly tell me that these three guitar techniques sound similar.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,684
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 3:36:54 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

No lies, I was listening this when I first came across this thread.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 3:43:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Wow, I almost died from listening to that UtherPenguin. My ears are now bleeding. As for different guitar techniques. I don't know. Guess I have an odd fancy for classical music.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,573
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 5:42:33 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/4/2016 3:43:17 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Wow, I almost died from listening to that UtherPenguin. My ears are now bleeding. As for different guitar techniques. I don't know. Guess I have an odd fancy for classical music.

How about classical-modern hybrid?

https://m.youtube.com...

https://m.youtube.com...

https://m.youtube.com...

https://m.youtube.com...

https://m.youtube.com...

https://m.youtube.com...
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 5:38:19 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

In truth, a person cannot do as much with a guitar as they can with a piano.
Even the most complex guitar songs could in theory be played on the piano (with difficulty, I'll admit), but the reverse is not true. One cannot play Bach's Invention no. 13 on the guitar, or a myriad of other complex pieces by the long-dead masters.
The piano is quite simply a superior instrument in almost every way.
Plus, I hate the friction made by someone's fingers rubbing against guitar strings.

I advise you to learn to play the piano.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,396
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 1:07:26 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Sometimes you just need to walk away to allow time to heal broken appreciations. Frustration has ways of encouraging dislikes to pleasure. It's difficult to progress forward when the moment becomes frazzled, but stepping the momentum back almost always pushes the ambition to higher levels when returning. So maybe it's this. Maybe it's not. Maybe there is something deeper manifesting. This is a special year and the summer solstice is in effect. Full moons. Hidden Cross of Christ showing itself in the sky. Powers in the sky are shifting. Changing people. Changing attitudes. Crazy stuff.
rross
Posts: 2,772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 11:12:51 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

Have you actually PLAYED electric guitar? Because it's like holding a gun. It's bad if someone else in the room is doing it, but it feels okay to do it yourself. Or so I imagine. Anyway, if you haven't played electric guitar, try it. Your feelings are probably repressed envy.
Willows
Posts: 2,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 4:19:35 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

I think maybe its the type of music that is your hurdle, no so much the instrument. The piano has been traditionally the domain of classical music whilst the guitar with blues-based music.
The blues and its offshoots, jazz and rock n roll use western music patterns and scales yet it is the execution that differs from classical in that they have a more emotive feel to their sound.
Technically, the guitar is a harder instrument to learn and has a greater octave range. The piano was designed to be an automated stringed instrument.
So, it is a matter of appreciating different styles of music, there is good and bad irrespective of the genre.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 6:40:05 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

When did this loathing start? What was happening in your life around the time of your new disdain for guitars? Whats your relationship to people that play guitars?

give me your palm

*extends palm*

You will be killed by a guitar, on the eves of jar
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 6:56:37 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/4/2016 5:38:19 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

In truth, a person cannot do as much with a guitar as they can with a piano.
Even the most complex guitar songs could in theory be played on the piano (with difficulty, I'll admit), but the reverse is not true. One cannot play Bach's Invention no. 13 on the guitar, or a myriad of other complex pieces by the long-dead masters.

That's because you use one hand to pick, the other to push down on the strings. It's impossible to play many piano pieces on guitar, as both the right and left hand play on piano. As someone who played piano and now plays electric guitar in a rock band, the two instruments have their own qualities, and are used for different purposes. Pianos can't make the hard, heavy, dirty, (in my opinion, good) sound that guitars make, but even acoustics cannot imitate the flowing ruthenium of a good piano player. It all depends on what you like.
The piano is quite simply a superior instrument in almost every way.
Plus, I hate the friction made by someone's fingers rubbing against guitar strings.

I advise you to learn to play the piano.
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 5:54:57 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
It was probably because of my music teacher. He sucked at teaching and we all hated him. Plus we were learning the guitar.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Ciacco
Posts: 40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 3:54:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

Do you hate bass guitars or all guitars in general?
Here's a few examples of bass guitars if you're curious:
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
==The next one is drastically different than the other two which were isolated bass tracks from classic rock songs ==
https://www.youtube.com...
Semiya
Posts: 405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 5:12:36 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/8/2016 4:57:59 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
I generally hate all guitars of all kinds. Especially electric guitars.

Violins and other string instruments too?
Semiya
Posts: 405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 5:14:04 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/4/2016 5:38:19 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

In truth, a person cannot do as much with a guitar as they can with a piano.
Even the most complex guitar songs could in theory be played on the piano (with difficulty, I'll admit), but the reverse is not true. One cannot play Bach's Invention no. 13 on the guitar, or a myriad of other complex pieces by the long-dead masters.
The piano is quite simply a superior instrument in almost every way.
Plus, I hate the friction made by someone's fingers rubbing against guitar strings.

I advise you to learn to play the piano.

As someone said, that's partially because you need one hand to pick with a guitar. However, many pieces of classical piano music don't do much of anything with the left hand either. That's one reason Beethoven's pieces stood out so much.
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 5:14:53 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
No, I love other stringed instruments. I play the violin. The guitar just sounds ugly compared to other stringed instruments.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
sadolite
Posts: 8,842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 3:55:49 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

There is no comparison to a guitar and a piano. A guitar has far more range and versatility.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 9:49:43 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/9/2016 3:55:49 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

There is no comparison to a guitar and a piano. A guitar has far more range and versatility.

Yes but does either of those matter when you can play this.
Star Wars Fantasy Suite
https://m.youtube.com...

Or this.
Pirates of the Carribean
https://m.youtube.com...

Or this.
Bohemian Rhapsody
https://m.youtube.com...

nope, didn't think so. :)
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
sadolite
Posts: 8,842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 9:58:14 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/9/2016 9:49:43 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/9/2016 3:55:49 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

There is no comparison to a guitar and a piano. A guitar has far more range and versatility.

Yes but does either of those matter when you can play this.
Star Wars Fantasy Suite
https://m.youtube.com...

Or this.
Pirates of the Carribean
https://m.youtube.com...

Or this.
Bohemian Rhapsody
https://m.youtube.com...

nope, didn't think so. :)

Posting top forty songs with a piano in it isn't a intellectual rebuttal about the comparison of versatility between a guitar and a piano.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 10:01:28 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/9/2016 9:58:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/9/2016 9:49:43 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/9/2016 3:55:49 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

There is no comparison to a guitar and a piano. A guitar has far more range and versatility.

Yes but does either of those matter when you can play this.
Star Wars Fantasy Suite
https://m.youtube.com...

Or this.
Pirates of the Carribean
https://m.youtube.com...

Or this.
Bohemian Rhapsody
https://m.youtube.com...

nope, didn't think so. :)

Posting top forty songs with a piano in it isn't a intellectual rebuttal about the comparison of versatility between a guitar and a piano.

Are you a guitar player?
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
sadolite
Posts: 8,842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 5:19:42 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/9/2016 10:01:28 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/9/2016 9:58:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/9/2016 9:49:43 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/9/2016 3:55:49 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

There is no comparison to a guitar and a piano. A guitar has far more range and versatility.

Yes but does either of those matter when you can play this.
Star Wars Fantasy Suite
https://m.youtube.com...

Or this.
Pirates of the Carribean
https://m.youtube.com...

Or this.
Bohemian Rhapsody
https://m.youtube.com...

nope, didn't think so. :)

Posting top forty songs with a piano in it isn't a intellectual rebuttal about the comparison of versatility between a guitar and a piano.

Are you a guitar player?

I own 3 guitars and a piano. Don't play any of them well.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 5:54:13 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/10/2016 5:19:42 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/9/2016 10:01:28 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/9/2016 9:58:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/9/2016 9:49:43 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/9/2016 3:55:49 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

There is no comparison to a guitar and a piano. A guitar has far more range and versatility.

Yes but does either of those matter when you can play this.
Star Wars Fantasy Suite
https://m.youtube.com...

Or this.
Pirates of the Carribean
https://m.youtube.com...

Or this.
Bohemian Rhapsody
https://m.youtube.com...

nope, didn't think so. :)

Posting top forty songs with a piano in it isn't a intellectual rebuttal about the comparison of versatility between a guitar and a piano.

Are you a guitar player?

I own 3 guitars and a piano. Don't play any of them well.

But at least you play them so that counts for something.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 2:57:53 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

You have to pull too many strings to get it to work. With a piano you just push buttons. This is more natural for a female.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Willows
Posts: 2,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 10:39:32 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/8/2016 2:57:53 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 7/4/2016 3:16:52 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Ok, I've played the piano since as long as I could remember and recently I've begun to hate the guitar. I don't know why but I always look at it with disdain as if it could never become equal with a piano. But I know that both instruments are equally as good. The guitar just seems to annoy me so much.

Does anybody else have problems with other instruments?
Is it a musicians pride thing? I don't look down on any other instrument. I just really hate the guitar.

You have to pull too many strings to get it to work. With a piano you just push buttons. This is more natural for a female.

That is actually very funny and witty.