Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

is it a good career choice? Music Production.

daikoru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 6:16:24 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Hi everyone, so I want your opinion about this:
I'm from Mexico and I just finished high school, I've lived my whole life here but now I want to move to California, where my dad currently lives, and study music production since that is the field I want to focus on.
However I've been reading a lot of negative comments about this choice, saying that I wouldn't have any opportunity to find a job.
I will move to Cali next month but it'll be nice if some of you who know More about this field tell me if it's ok to study that or what other similar careers I could choose.

Sorry for my English, I'm still studying. :)
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:08:18 PM
At 7/26/2016 6:16:24 PM, daikoru wrote:
I'm from Mexico and I just finished high school, I've lived my whole life here but now I want to move to California, where my dad currently lives, and study music production since that is the field I want to focus on.
However I've been reading a lot of negative comments about this choice, saying that I wouldn't have any opportunity to find a job.
I will move to Cali next month but it'll be nice if some of you who know More about this field tell me if it's ok to study that or what other similar careers I could choose.

Music supplements your life. So regardless if you choose to go into it as a career, having it as a side hobby, or another job in addition to your main job will supplement your life greatly. Music production is obviously a difficult industry to get into, and if you are unsuccessful then you don't have much to fall back on. So I see it as a real gamble, but if you love it enough then you should. Or do what I said, have it be a "side project" in addition to your normal job
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:32:17 PM

Now I'm no expert, but I think you can study it along with some other subjects that interest you. It might not be a source of income (at least at first), so producing music would make a great side hobby that could potentially turn into something greater
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 8:53:57 PM

Obsession is a requirement to make it in that arena. If you were obsessed, I'm not sure you would be asking if it was a wise choice. You would probably do it anyway - either on the side of a job or as a job. Great artists create art whether they get paid or not.