Jump to topic:

Social Expirament

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 11:33:53 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
So, earlier this year I was tasked with doing a Social Expirament of what would happen if you drastically shifted your views/personality in some way. So I opted to perform my dramatic shift in political views from Libertarian-esk to Liberal Democrat to see what kind of reaction I would get for one of my classes and I will say that I have had a successful run for this. You guys are all great and thank you for participating.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 11:53:57 PM
At 7/29/2016 11:33:53 PM, lannan13 wrote:
So, earlier this year I was tasked with doing a Social Expirament of what would happen if you drastically shifted your views/personality in some way. So I opted to perform my dramatic shift in political views from Libertarian-esk to Liberal Democrat to see what kind of reaction I would get for one of my classes and I will say that I have had a successful run for this. You guys are all great and thank you for participating.

I'm glad it went well for you!

Though, my favorite social experiment was when my coworker placed wet paint signs on things that were very clearly not painted - like glass, bricks, tile, etc. Basically anything you'd never dream of having paint on. People deliberately - and with great precision - avoided touching those surfaces. Fvcking hilarious.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 2:48:43 AM

Finally you're not a commie retard anymore.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 2:49:47 AM
At 7/30/2016 2:48:43 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

He didn't go that far left lol.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 2:50:13 AM
At 7/30/2016 2:49:47 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/30/2016 2:48:43 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

He didn't go that far left lol.

lol
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 4:31:20 AM

So you're not as far left as some of your more recent posts have suggested?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 4:34:54 AM
At 7/30/2016 4:31:20 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

So you're not as far left as some of your more recent posts have suggested?

No, I'm more of a Libertarian Trumpet.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2016 4:36:30 AM

What???!?!?!????!!!!!???!

Anyway, glad to know the truth :P
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 5:12:12 PM
At 8/1/2016 4:36:30 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:

What???!?!?!????!!!!!???!

Anyway, glad to know the truth :P

Always very fun.