Jump to topic:

Going off meds

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 9:23:51 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
I lost my medicaid insurance, and my antipsychotic costs too much for me to pay for. I cant get an appointment with my prescriber untill september 19th. If i cant find a cheaper med, i might have to resort to haldol, ehich is a horrible med( but it only costs a few dollars) i wont take it all the time, just for emergencies. I have a little bit of olanzapine left, and some invega. Which i will save for rmergencies for now. So i am officially off meds today. I apologize in advance if i start acting weird.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 6:01:12 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/13/2016 9:23:51 PM, janesix wrote:
I lost my medicaid insurance, and my antipsychotic costs too much for me to pay for. I cant get an appointment with my prescriber untill september 19th. If i cant find a cheaper med, i might have to resort to haldol, ehich is a horrible med( but it only costs a few dollars) i wont take it all the time, just for emergencies. I have a little bit of olanzapine left, and some invega. Which i will save for rmergencies for now. So i am officially off meds today. I apologize in advance if i start acting weird.

So, my day job is to find ways for patients to get their meds, despite inability to pay. Here's a coupon for a free 15 day supply of Invega https://www.invega.com... It says you can use 4 of these vouchers per year, which should be plenty to help you make it to your next appointment. For the olanzepine, there's not much I can do, as it went generic aeons ago. The pharmacy should be able to give you a quote for how much it costs without insurance. Can you ask your prescriber to call you if her has any last-minute cancellations? You may be able to get a quicker appointment. I hope this is helpful.