Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

I Hate Everything About American Politics

YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 2:04:25 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
This November I have two realistic choices: a blonde bloviating idiot whose promises are as fake as his university, and a hollow shell of a human being who has been on every side of every issue for the last 40 years that will say anything to anyone to get elected. The former has unsavory political and economic ties to Americas most prominent geopolitical rival (i.e. Russia), and the later has in all probability taken handouts from the second most vile, disgusting country on earth (i.e. Saudi Arabia).

I hate every down ballot race. I hate the Republicans and the Democrats, and there is not a single person in the field in either party that I hope to see win this November. Soon-to-be-dethroned Paul Ryan is a corporate whore who would sell Americans down the river, and now disgraced Debbie Wasserman Schultz epitomizes what it means to be a Democratic judas.

My friends on both sides of the aisle have increasingly less and less in common with me. On the right, I see young men who want to elect Donald Trump for the same reason that young, male Turks wanted Erdogen. On the left, I see young people who consume themselves with "advocacy" for "social justice" which materializes in a form that tramples free speech as much as the core of what it means to be an American. From afar the libertarians I call my friends insist that freedom to starve is a socially acceptable thing to believe in, while insisting that Gary Johnson shouldn't be committed to an asylum. I'd rather see Jesse Ventura elected than Gary Johnson. Al Franken would be ok, too.

The Republican party has been blazing its valiant path of self destruction since Barry Goldwater in 1964, and it came to materialize with the man who they have been waiting for, the businessman from a corporate tower descending upon Washington, Donald Trump. The Democratic party has welcomed the parents of terrorists to their convention, under the pathetic veil of political correctness and has in the same instance betrayed every LGBT person in this country.

It sickens me.

I have never felt disgusted with politics, before this. Romney never disgusted me, though Ryan always has. But Ryan was a backdrop green horn fool; he was never a real policy force, more of a quasi-intellectual farce in 2012. Obama has been the best president this country has had since FDR. Bush never disgusted me. Clinton disgusted me, but I can look past it. HW certainly wouldn't have disgusted me. Reagan would have disgusted me, but he's dead and gone.

But in my lifetime, this is new. The feeling of sickness whenever I talk or even think about politics. I've never known it before, and even if I had, certainly not to this extent. I hate it. I probably sound like a broken record, and I'm sure that the more senior members here will have some choice words to the effect of "It doesn't get better." or whatever, which is even more demoralizing.
Tsar of DDO
Vaarka
Posts: 7,613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 1:12:31 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/22/2016 2:04:25 AM, YYW wrote:

And people wonder why I don't try to learn or get involved with politics
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 12:02:31 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/22/2016 2:04:25 AM, YYW wrote:

It's really a cesspool. I think JMK was right, a ham sandwich presidency might be better.
That said, who do you think will win?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 12:03:22 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/22/2016 2:04:25 AM, YYW wrote:
From afar the libertarians I call my friends insist that freedom to starve is a socially acceptable thing to believe in

+1
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 2:22:11 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
In the past, I've always loved elections. Seriously, I got so into it! Loved the whole thing, and genuinely wanted one of the candidates to win.

This time? I've blocked all the fvckery I can from my facebook and actively avoid any news articles pertaining to the election. So over it. I hate to be one of those "I'll move to Canada if this gets any worse" types, but hey, I really might - it's a nice place. Or I could go to Mexico, where at least The Human Cheeto will build a wall between him and I. That might be acceptable.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 2:23:42 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/23/2016 12:02:31 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 8/22/2016 2:04:25 AM, YYW wrote:

It's really a cesspool. I think JMK was right, a ham sandwich presidency might be better.
That said, who do you think will win?

I've heard a good joke about the elections (despite the elections themselves being a joke):

Is your refrigerator running?

Because I might vote for it.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 2:25:22 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/23/2016 2:23:42 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/23/2016 12:02:31 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 8/22/2016 2:04:25 AM, YYW wrote:

It's really a cesspool. I think JMK was right, a ham sandwich presidency might be better.
That said, who do you think will win?

I've heard a good joke about the elections (despite the elections themselves being a joke):

Is your refrigerator running?

Because I might vote for it.

Lol, yes, I've heard (and told) that one myself :P
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 4:15:02 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/22/2016 2:04:25 AM, YYW wrote:
This November I have two realistic choices: a blonde bloviating idiot whose promises are as fake as his university, and a hollow shell of a human being who has been on every side of every issue for the last 40 years that will say anything to anyone to get elected. The former has unsavory political and economic ties to Americas most prominent geopolitical rival (i.e. Russia), and the later has in all probability taken handouts from the second most vile, disgusting country on earth (i.e. Saudi Arabia).

I hate every down ballot race. I hate the Republicans and the Democrats, and there is not a single person in the field in either party that I hope to see win this November. Soon-to-be-dethroned Paul Ryan is a corporate whore who would sell Americans down the river, and now disgraced Debbie Wasserman Schultz epitomizes what it means to be a Democratic judas.

My friends on both sides of the aisle have increasingly less and less in common with me. On the right, I see young men who want to elect Donald Trump for the same reason that young, male Turks wanted Erdogen. On the left, I see young people who consume themselves with "advocacy" for "social justice" which materializes in a form that tramples free speech as much as the core of what it means to be an American. From afar the libertarians I call my friends insist that freedom to starve is a socially acceptable thing to believe in, while insisting that Gary Johnson shouldn't be committed to an asylum. I'd rather see Jesse Ventura elected than Gary Johnson. Al Franken would be ok, too.

The Republican party has been blazing its valiant path of self destruction since Barry Goldwater in 1964, and it came to materialize with the man who they have been waiting for, the businessman from a corporate tower descending upon Washington, Donald Trump. The Democratic party has welcomed the parents of terrorists to their convention, under the pathetic veil of political correctness and has in the same instance betrayed every LGBT person in this country.

It sickens me.

I have never felt disgusted with politics, before this. Romney never disgusted me, though Ryan always has. But Ryan was a backdrop green horn fool; he was never a real policy force, more of a quasi-intellectual farce in 2012. Obama has been the best president this country has had since FDR. Bush never disgusted me. Clinton disgusted me, but I can look past it. HW certainly wouldn't have disgusted me. Reagan would have disgusted me, but he's dead and gone.

But in my lifetime, this is new. The feeling of sickness whenever I talk or even think about politics. I've never known it before, and even if I had, certainly not to this extent. I hate it. I probably sound like a broken record, and I'm sure that the more senior members here will have some choice words to the effect of "It doesn't get better." or whatever, which is even more demoralizing.

Well George Carlin claimed it's just to give the impression that you have choice, you don't.
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 2:19:53 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
I agree with all of this.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 6:11:51 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/22/2016 2:04:25 AM, YYW wrote:
This November I have two realistic choices: a blonde bloviating idiot whose promises are as fake as his university, and a hollow shell of a human being who has been on every side of every issue for the last 40 years that will say anything to anyone to get elected. The former has unsavory political and economic ties to Americas most prominent geopolitical rival (i.e. Russia), and the later has in all probability taken handouts from the second most vile, disgusting country on earth (i.e. Saudi Arabia).

I hate every down ballot race. I hate the Republicans and the Democrats, and there is not a single person in the field in either party that I hope to see win this November. Soon-to-be-dethroned Paul Ryan is a corporate whore who would sell Americans down the river, and now disgraced Debbie Wasserman Schultz epitomizes what it means to be a Democratic judas.

My friends on both sides of the aisle have increasingly less and less in common with me. On the right, I see young men who want to elect Donald Trump for the same reason that young, male Turks wanted Erdogen. On the left, I see young people who consume themselves with "advocacy" for "social justice" which materializes in a form that tramples free speech as much as the core of what it means to be an American. From afar the libertarians I call my friends insist that freedom to starve is a socially acceptable thing to believe in, while insisting that Gary Johnson shouldn't be committed to an asylum. I'd rather see Jesse Ventura elected than Gary Johnson. Al Franken would be ok, too.

The Republican party has been blazing its valiant path of self destruction since Barry Goldwater in 1964, and it came to materialize with the man who they have been waiting for, the businessman from a corporate tower descending upon Washington, Donald Trump. The Democratic party has welcomed the parents of terrorists to their convention, under the pathetic veil of political correctness and has in the same instance betrayed every LGBT person in this country.

It sickens me.

I have never felt disgusted with politics, before this. Romney never disgusted me, though Ryan always has. But Ryan was a backdrop green horn fool; he was never a real policy force, more of a quasi-intellectual farce in 2012. Obama has been the best president this country has had since FDR. Bush never disgusted me. Clinton disgusted me, but I can look past it. HW certainly wouldn't have disgusted me. Reagan would have disgusted me, but he's dead and gone.

But in my lifetime, this is new. The feeling of sickness whenever I talk or even think about politics. I've never known it before, and even if I had, certainly not to this extent. I hate it. I probably sound like a broken record, and I'm sure that the more senior members here will have some choice words to the effect of "It doesn't get better." or whatever, which is even more demoralizing.

You don't support Trump anymore???