Jump to topic:

More Than A Year- AMA

MrVindication
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:34:43 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Ask me whatever you want to know, my previous account on the website was TheProphett. I enjoy questions about politics and foreign affairs, but honestly just ask me whatever and I'll get back to you.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:35:25 PM
At 8/27/2016 11:34:43 PM, MrVindication wrote:
Ask me whatever you want to know, my previous account on the website was TheProphett. I enjoy questions about politics and foreign affairs, but honestly just ask me whatever and I'll get back to you.

Why do you support the invasion of Iraq?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
MrVindication
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:37:33 PM
At 8/27/2016 11:35:25 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Why do you support the invasion of Iraq?

Every little kid who gets picked on wants to see the bully hung by their tighty-whities on the school flag pole. My bully is Saddam Hussein. (joking)
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:39:05 PM

Should Private Harambe be buried in Arlington Cemetery?
MrVindication
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:41:07 PM
At 8/27/2016 11:39:05 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Should Private Harambe be buried in Arlington Cemetery?

He deserves a spot in the coffin with Mary Todd Lincoln. (joking)
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:48:40 PM

Okay serious question.

Are you concerned about HIllary Clinton's hawkish views in the ME? Do you believe she is fit to be Commander in Chief?
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 12:50:14 AM

Are you a bleeding heart libertarian?
MrVindication
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 2:31:43 AM
At 8/28/2016 12:50:14 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

idk lol
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 2:56:24 AM
At 8/28/2016 2:31:43 AM, MrVindication wrote:
At 8/28/2016 12:50:14 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

idk lol

Do you consider yourself as a nationalist?

What is the solution to the European refugee crisis, and is mass migration from the mid-east a problem in Europe?
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 2:09:46 PM

Honest opinion of me?

How should the US handle ISIS?

What are your thoughts on John Locke?

Who should win: Clinton or Trump?

Who WILL win: Clinton or Trump?

Thoughts on Obama lifting the Cuban embargo?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
MrVindication
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 2:14:31 PM
At 8/27/2016 11:48:40 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Okay serious question.

Are you concerned about HIllary Clinton's hawkish views in the ME? Do you believe she is fit to be Commander in Chief?

I can see where you might be concerned about her views in the Middle East, especially as someone who voted in favor of the Iraq War and made a big, fat mistake in Libya. However, I can say without a doubt that I am not concerned. The Iraq War was a big deal for a lot of people in the context that it was presented, and I am not surprised that she voted in favor of it. In Libya, it was a matter of opportunism. If the intelligence was correct, we would be saving many lives and maybe putting the country on the path to democracy. If the intelligence wasn't correct, we would be intervening and destabilizing the country, which is what happened. I don't think that her judgement is to blame for that situation, we have to make many decisions abroad that involve a certain level of risk, and sometimes, as we know all too well, our decisions can come back and bite us in the a$$ in the years following.

I have no doubt that she is fit to be Commander In Chief. If we are talking strictly about the Commander In Chief aspect of presidency, I think she is the best candidate in the race to lead our country into the unknown; an ever-evolving foreign landscape that requires a flexible and smart policy approach. I don't think she is a foreign policy godsend per say, but she is the choice that would be best for our country, given our options.
MrVindication
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 2:49:52 PM
At 8/28/2016 2:09:46 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Honest opinion of me?

Back when I was active on DDO, you were one of my best friends and we talked a whole lot. We even had that forum revival plan that never went anywhere, lol. I miss talking to you and famous on a daily basis, but I don't think my time situation is going to improve any time in the near future.

Just containing ISIS to one spot is not a good strategy, as they have extremist groups around the world pledging allegiance to them, giving them presences around the globe. The first and most important facet of combating ISIS is stopping the radicalization of impressionable youth. Intelligence agencies and social media corporations should cooperate to locate and pinpoint online propaganda and shut it down, preventing it from reaching youth around the globe who could perhaps be radicalized by the messages spread by ISIS.

Second, we need to encourage our allies in the Middle East to fight for themselves. A coalition of Middle Eastern nations to fight ISIS would be beneficial for the region and would limit foreign involvement, which is a good thing, as foreign involvement gives the recruiting machine of ISIS fuel.

And lastly, we need to place an emphasis on not just ridding the world of ISIS, but reinforcing the governments and militaries in the region. For the future, they need to have a just governing system and a solid rule of law. Once that is complete, the only thing they need to do is build their fighting forces up to combat possible threats in the region.

It really comes down to giving the region autonomy and help them cooperate to achieve goals that are beneficial for the region as a whole. Cutting the legs out from under ISIS, or hindering their ability to spread propaganda to potential fighters, makes the mission much, much easier. If this can be effectively accomplished, overwhelming them and pushing them back should not be a problem.

Cool guy.

Clinton is far more qualified and prepared for the position, but I loathe the two party system.

Clinton

More trade with Cuba is a good thing, but something important to note is that during the period in which we had an embargo on Cuba, American businesses that would otherwise be shut out thrived because they provided goods that the Cubans would have. Lifting the embargo does not bode well for American businesses, although it will generate more competition.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 7:57:52 PM
At 8/28/2016 2:49:52 PM, MrVindication wrote:
At 8/28/2016 2:09:46 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Honest opinion of me?

Back when I was active on DDO, you were one of my best friends and we talked a whole lot. We even had that forum revival plan that never went anywhere, lol. I miss talking to you and famous on a daily basis, but I don't think my time situation is going to improve any time in the near future.

Yeah, my activity decreased over the summer, and overall is still much less than it used to be. No debating, either. Lol.

Just containing ISIS to one spot is not a good strategy, as they have extremist groups around the world pledging allegiance to them, giving them presences around the globe. The first and most important facet of combating ISIS is stopping the radicalization of impressionable youth. Intelligence agencies and social media corporations should cooperate to locate and pinpoint online propaganda and shut it down, preventing it from reaching youth around the globe who could perhaps be radicalized by the messages spread by ISIS.

Online containment doesn't nullify their physical influence, though.

Second, we need to encourage our allies in the Middle East to fight for themselves. A coalition of Middle Eastern nations to fight ISIS would be beneficial for the region and would limit foreign involvement, which is a good thing, as foreign involvement gives the recruiting machine of ISIS fuel.

But my question is, how do we get something like this to go through and be adopted by a sufficient count of nations?

And lastly, we need to place an emphasis on not just ridding the world of ISIS, but reinforcing the governments and militaries in the region. For the future, they need to have a just governing system and a solid rule of law. Once that is complete, the only thing they need to do is build their fighting forces up to combat possible threats in the region.

We've tried to do things like that before... our result was Syria as it is now. How do we achieve such objectives while avoiding such catastrophes?

It really comes down to giving the region autonomy and help them cooperate to achieve goals that are beneficial for the region as a whole. Cutting the legs out from under ISIS, or hindering their ability to spread propaganda to potential fighters, makes the mission much, much easier. If this can be effectively accomplished, overwhelming them and pushing them back should not be a problem.

So, we shouldn't promote democracy to "better" the lives of people?

Cool guy.

Yep, lol.

Clinton is far more qualified and prepared for the position, but I loathe the two party system.

Lol. If that's qualifications for our presidency, it's very sad.

Clinton

Hope not.

More trade with Cuba is a good thing, but something important to note is that during the period in which we had an embargo on Cuba, American businesses that would otherwise be shut out thrived because they provided goods that the Cubans would have. Lifting the embargo does not bode well for American businesses, although it will generate more competition.

Okay. Interesting take.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 8:36:06 PM

HOY.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 3:58:37 AM

How do we solve the European refugee crisis?
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 8:12:14 AM
Have you ever done model UN?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 8:17:25 AM
At 8/28/2016 2:14:31 PM, MrVindication wrote:
I can see where you might be concerned about her views in the Middle East, especially as someone who voted in favor of the Iraq War and made a big, fat mistake in Libya. However, I can say without a doubt that I am not concerned. The Iraq War was a big deal for a lot of people in the context that it was presented, and I am not surprised that she voted in favor of it. In Libya, it was a matter of opportunism. If the intelligence was correct, we would be saving many lives and maybe putting the country on the path to democracy. If the intelligence wasn't correct, we would be intervening and destabilizing the country, which is what happened. I don't think that her judgement is to blame for that situation, we have to make many decisions abroad that involve a certain level of risk, and sometimes, as we know all too well, our decisions can come back and bite us in the a$$ in the years following.

I have no doubt that she is fit to be Commander In Chief. If we are talking strictly about the Commander In Chief aspect of presidency, I think she is the best candidate in the race to lead our country into the unknown; an ever-evolving foreign landscape that requires a flexible and smart policy approach. I don't think she is a foreign policy godsend per say, but she is the choice that would be best for our country, given our options.

The reality is that there was no failed prediction with regard to Libya. Military intervention leads to social instability *irrespective* of whether the place is ruled by a dictator. The question is when to intervene, which is decided by a cost-benefit analysis. In my view a reasonable cost-benefit analysis would have concluded to not intervene in Libya. Unfortunately, it seems like Hillary Clinton doesn't understand the concept of a "lesser of two evils."
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
MrVindication
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 1:52:34 PM
At 9/5/2016 8:12:14 AM, tejretics wrote:
Have you ever done model UN?

No, but I have started debate. My first tournament is on Sept. 16
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 1:54:44 PM
Thoughts on military intervention in general?
MrVindication
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 1:56:04 PM
At 9/5/2016 8:17:25 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 8/28/2016 2:14:31 PM, MrVindication wrote:

I have no doubt that she is fit to be Commander In Chief. If we are talking strictly about the Commander In Chief aspect of presidency, I think she is the best candidate in the race to lead our country into the unknown; an ever-evolving foreign landscape that requires a flexible and smart policy approach. I don't think she is a foreign policy gsend per say, but she is the choice that would be best for our country, given our options.

The reality is that there was no failed prediction with regard to Libya. Military intervention leads to social instability *irrespective* of whether the place is ruled by a dictator. The question is when to intervene, which is decided by a cost-benefit analysis. In my view a reasonable cost-benefit analysis would have concluded to not intervene in Libya. Unfortunately, it seems like Hillary Clinton doesn't understand the concept of a "lesser of two evils."

I'm pretty sure that the opportunity to install a potentially democratic government instead of an absolute dictator was a tempting prospect. I agree with you that military intervention more often than not creates instability in the region, which is why I advocate for democratic solutions and the utilization of geoeconomics (using our economy as a tool, there's some interesting articles on it).
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 1:57:10 PM
At 9/5/2016 1:56:04 PM, MrVindication wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the opportunity to install a potentially democratic government instead of an absolute dictator was a tempting prospect.

But it was a bad move, and even Obama's instinct told him it was a bad move.

Iraq should have taught them at least once. But Clinton still stands by her decision to intervene in Libya.
MrVindication
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 1:58:16 PM
At 9/5/2016 1:54:44 PM, tejretics wrote:
Thoughts on military intervention in general?

I think that having a policy of non-intervention and intervention severely limits a nation. Each scenario that develops abroad should be met with a level head and a calculated approach; each situation is unique and requires a tailored response. If you are strictly non-interventionist/interventionist, you are bound to make mistakes with big consequences. However, if you are cool and calculated, without any predetermined approach, you can weigh the situation accordingly and decide the best course of action.
MrVindication
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 2:00:18 PM
At 9/5/2016 1:57:10 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/5/2016 1:56:04 PM, MrVindication wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the opportunity to install a potentially democratic government instead of an absolute dictator was a tempting prospect.

But it was a bad move, and even Obama's instinct told him it was a bad move.

Clinton did basically bully him into making the decision.

Iraq should have taught them at least once. But Clinton still stands by her decision to intervene in Libya.

The problem I have with this statement is that past mistakes shouldn't be a deciding factor for future situations, they should be taken into consideration and should be learned from, but not used as a deciding factor.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 2:05:00 PM
At 9/5/2016 2:00:18 PM, MrVindication wrote:
The problem I have with this statement is that past mistakes shouldn't be a deciding factor for future situations, they should be taken into consideration and should be learned from, but not used as a deciding factor.

I didn't say they should be used as a "deciding factor." It was a bad decision, and Clinton still stands by it. I don't believe in freedom by force in most circumstances. Clinton does, which saddens me, and makes me think she would be the worst of the candidates when it comes to foreign policy.
MrVindication
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 2:06:47 PM
At 9/5/2016 2:05:00 PM, tejretics wrote:

I didn't say they should be used as a "deciding factor." It was a bad decision, and Clinton still stands by it. I don't believe in freedom by force in most circumstances. Clinton does, which saddens me, and makes me think she would be the worst of the candidates when it comes to foreign policy.

I was disagreeing with the part about "Iraq should have taught them."
Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 2:09:35 PM

Honest opinion
Im not a Nazi
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 2:29:29 PM
At 9/5/2016 2:06:47 PM, MrVindication wrote:

Iraq should have taught them that there is possible instability resulting from intervention and that they should weigh it. They basically didn't weigh it at all.

And you stated that Clinton would be the best president insofar as foreign policy was concerned. I strongly disagree, and was expressing that disagreement.
MrVindication
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 2:30:44 PM
At 9/5/2016 2:29:29 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/5/2016 2:06:47 PM, MrVindication wrote:

Iraq should have taught them that there is possible instability resulting from intervention and that they should weigh it. They basically didn't weigh it at all.

And you stated that Clinton would be the best president insofar as foreign policy was concerned. I strongly disagree, and was expressing that disagreement.

Who do you think will be the perfect Commander in Chief in this presidential race then?
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 2:37:19 PM
At 9/5/2016 2:30:44 PM, MrVindication wrote:
Who do you think will be the perfect Commander in Chief in this presidential race then?

Nobody.

Bernie Sanders would have made the best -- though not "perfect" -- leader insofar as foreign policy is concerned.