Jump to topic:

Tejretics - AMA

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 12:42:32 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
I'm bored. I did this recently but feel free to ask any questions you have.

Preferably about politics but really... anything is fine. That doesn't mean I'll answer all questions.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:11:24 PM
At 9/9/2016 12:42:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
Preferably about politics but really... anything is fine. That doesn't mean I'll answer all questions.
Which are your top influences in the field of political philosophy?
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:22:15 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:11:24 PM, NHN wrote:

Noam Chomsky, Christopher Hitchens, Peter Singer, Bentham and Mill (and other utilitarian philosophers), Voltaire, and others.

Also, members of this community have significantly influenced my political philosophy (YYW, Fkkize, Harder, Skepsikyma, Envisage, Thett, and others).
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:24:21 PM

honest opinion

Can you touch your toes
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:25:38 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:24:21 PM, Vaarka wrote:
honest opinion

From limited interactions, I have a positive opinion of you.

Can you touch your toes

Yes, though I wear socks all the time so not really my toes.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:26:51 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:25:38 PM, tejretics wrote:
honest opinion

yey

Can you touch your toes

Have you ever been to NC? If so, why were you there?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:27:13 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:26:51 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 9/9/2016 1:25:38 PM, tejretics wrote:
honest opinion

yey

Can you touch your toes

Have you ever been to NC? If so, why were you there?

I feel dumb for asking you that.
Have you ever been to the US?

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:27:22 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:26:51 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Have you ever been to NC?

No.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:27:36 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:27:13 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Yes.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:27:56 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:27:36 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/9/2016 1:27:13 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Yes.

What for?

NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:31:29 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:22:15 PM, tejretics wrote:
Noam Chomsky, Christopher Hitchens, Peter Singer, Bentham and Mill (and other utilitarian philosophers), Voltaire, and others.
Utilitarian, but of which brand, I wonder ... http://selectsmart.com...

And what do you think about this, Hitchens v. Chomsky?
http://www.slate.com...

Also, members of this community have significantly influenced my political philosophy (YYW, Fkkize, Harder, Skepsikyma, Envisage, Thett, and others).
Posters such as Skepsikyma and Thett? In other words, members of the amorphous white supremacist alt-right (https://en.wikipedia.org...) have influenced you politically?

Surely you're joking.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:37:32 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:31:29 PM, NHN wrote:

I am a rule utilitarian.

I've read the entire exchange before, and I think Chomsky was correct.

Posters such as Skepsikyma and Thett? In other words, members of the amorphous white supremacist alt-right (https://en.wikipedia.org...) have influenced you politically?

Thett is probably a member of the so-called "alt-right," but he has still influenced me.

Skepsikyma is a pragmatist, who sides with the left when needed and the right when needed. He isn't a member of the "alt-right." He is a nationalist, a distributist, and a Machiavellian pragmatist.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:38:06 PM

Oh, and for the record, the notion that either of them is a "white supremacist" is garbage.
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:44:20 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:37:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
I am a rule utilitarian.
Authoritarian, in other words.

I've read the entire exchange before, and I think Chomsky was correct.
Conspiracy theorist.

Thett is probably a member of the so-called "alt-right," but he has still influenced me.
That makes your political aspect -- authoritarian, conspiratorial -- all the more clear.

And alt-right = white supremacist. Just for your information.

Skepsikyma is a pragmatist, who sides with the left when needed and the right when needed. He isn't a member of the "alt-right." He is a nationalist, a distributist, and a Machiavellian pragmatist.
A white nationalist is a white supremacist by another name. "Machiavellian pragmatist" can be anything from pro-Stalinist to a neo-Nazi apologist.

I have you figured out. No need to reply.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:47:42 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:44:20 PM, NHN wrote:
Authoritarian, in other words.

Keep believing that.

Conspiracy theorist.

Lol

That makes your political aspect -- authoritarian, conspiratorial -- all the more clear.

Lol justify your claims or don't make them.

And alt-right = white supremacist. Just for your information.

No. Also, just because someone is a member of the "alt-right" doesn't mean they aren't liberal about certain issues, or correct about certain issues.

A white nationalist is a white supremacist by another name. "Machiavellian pragmatist" can be anything from pro-Stalinist to a neo-Nazi apologist.

Skepsikyma isn't a white nationalist.

I have you figured out. No need to reply.

Lol keep believing that.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:50:22 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:44:20 PM, NHN wrote:

I will let you know, for your own benefit, what my political ideology is. I am a liberal, or a left libertarian, or whatever. That means I believe in liberty, but that "liberty" doesn't include right libertarian notions of a "right to starve," and similar notions. I believe in the unrestrained freedom of expression except for issues of confidentiality, national security, and certain other minor restrictions (i.e. I oppose hate speech laws and the like). I believe in a market economy but supplemented with government-subsidized health care and education. I think race and gender shouldn't matter at all, and so I strongly oppose any form of ethno-nationalism or gender roles.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:51:18 PM
Also, I'm not a fan of the alt-right, and I dislike Trump.
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 2:00:31 PM
You've probably been asked this before, but if you were voting, which US presidential candidate would you vote for?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 2:06:38 PM

With the debate surrounding safe spaces and trigger warnings, I would like to know your opinion on the issue.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 2:07:10 PM

How are you so wise?
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 2:08:05 PM

Surely you're joking.

lmao
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 2:20:14 PM

Honest opinion? Stupid questions?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 2:46:16 PM

What influence did I have on your political philosophy?

HOM

Why is Interstellar the best movie of all time?

Opinion on ontic structural realism?
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 3:42:20 PM
At 9/9/2016 2:00:31 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
You've probably been asked this before, but if you were voting, which US presidential candidate would you vote for?

If I was in a fixed state I would really not vote, out of principle.

But if I was in a swing state, I would just hold my nose and vote for Clinton.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 3:43:53 PM
At 9/9/2016 2:06:38 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
With the debate surrounding safe spaces and trigger warnings, I would like to know your opinion on the issue.

I've talked about it before on the site. Not a fan.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 3:49:42 PM
At 9/9/2016 2:46:16 PM, Fkkize wrote:
What influence did I have on your political philosophy?

Though you are no longer a utilitarian, you basically convinced me of utilitarianism.

HOM

You're a smart, cool person.

Why is Interstellar the best movie of all time?

Idk

Opinion on ontic structural realism?

I have no clue what that even means.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 4:00:19 PM
At 9/9/2016 2:20:14 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Honest opinion?

Haven't interacted with you, so none.

Stupid questions?

What?
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 4:14:49 PM

So, out of your top six you have two and a half uber racists? Remind me to never take you seriously again.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 4:18:34 PM
At 9/9/2016 4:00:19 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/9/2016 2:20:14 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Honest opinion?

Haven't interacted with you, so none.

Stupid questions?

What?

First name:

Surname:

Sex:

Relationship status:

Sexual orientation:

Ethnicity:

Religion:

Conception of god[1]:

What theory on the origin of life on earth do you think is most true[2]:

Position on the creationism-evolution controversy:

What do you think happens when you die:

Most hated religion:

Opinion on human nature:

Political ideology:

Presidential candidate:

Most hated political ideology:

Opinion on feminism:

Preferred form of government:

Preferred economic system:

City:

Mother's maiden name:

Birthday:

Zodiac sign:

Browser user agent:

Current education level:

Assessment of academic performance:

Do you think you are intelligent:

Assessment of quality of life:

Assessment of level of happiness:

Attempted suicide:

Lost the will to live:

Number of "good friends":

Clique in School [3]:

Historical person you most admire (could be current):

Employment Company:

Height:

Weight:

Blood type:

Favorite color:

Favorite song:

Favorite TV show:

Favorite video game:

Favorite mythological creature:

Favorite movie:

Favorite quote:

Favorite art form:

Worst enemy on this site:

Best friend on this site:

Desired number of children (if any):

Vehicle (if any):

Your version of a "perfect society":

If you don't understand what [1], [2], and [3] mean, please view these polls respectively http://www.debate.org... http://www.debate.org... http://www.debate.org...

Who do you think should be DDO president?

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"?

What's your opinion on the degenerates that don't support Trump?

Would you be open to the possibility of a Matriarchy?

Why are women superior to men?

Would you approve of legislation to allow me to manually remove polls instead of waiting for airmax?

What's your opinion on anti-theists?

What's the point of living if not to enjoy each and every thing life has to offer?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"?

Jefferson Democracy vs Jacksonian Democracy?

Jefferson vs. Hamilton?

Where has the rum gone?

What phobias do you have?

Is a man entitled to the sweat of his brow?

Would you favor a parliamentary system instead of America's two-party system?

Opinion on Russia?

Favorite animal?

Would you die for what you believe in?

Would you eat an alive person to save your life?

Would you be willing to sacrifice yourself to the Leviathan to prevent man from killing each other?

Is God dead?

Favorite political theorist?

Opinion on Manifest Destiny?

What's your opinion on Thomas Hobbes, John Locke, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Edmund Burke, Plato, Socrates, Karl Marx, Murray Rothbard, Robert Mugabe, and/or Mohammad Reza Pahlavi?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...