Jump to topic:

smells and sex

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:43:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Am i alone when it comes to the biggest anti aphrodisiac being the variety of smells that can emanate from the human body. I'll play it safe in this post by speaking of bad breath (as we know there are other variables of the hygiene variety that can have a similar impact). It has been my experience that Americans seem to be more sensitive to bad smells than other nationalities, but i could be wrong on that.

Are smells a deal breaker for anyone else here? Or at least do they have the ability to ruin what could be a really wonderful experience? Am i being picky about this, or can you kiss another person regardless of their breath, or be further involved in amorous pursuits and be turned off, or are people able to overlook, or ignore this?

I know that there are some who have great sexual activation as a result of certain smells, so perhaps my standards are out of sync with everyone else's?
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:48:29 PM
I think I read somewhere that the smell of sweat during sex is supposed to turn you on... But I could be wrong about that.

Anyway, I agree with you on the bad breath thing. Hygiene issues make me want to vomit.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:49:53 PM
hygiene is very important for me. Now if me and the woman have just cooked a garlicy meal and her breath smells like garlic, it doesn't bother me because mine does too. But yeah I agree that smells are important and hygiene more so.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:52:48 PM
Bad breath, from a lack of hygiene is a big no, tobacco however is tolerable sometimes. Not had a lot of experience with bad smelling girlfriends though!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 12:53:57 PM
At 1/9/2011 12:52:48 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Not had a lot of experience with <strikethrough>bad smelling</strikethrough> girlfriends though!
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 1:02:39 PM
I don't like people that are unhygenic or stink.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 1:02:59 PM
If someone has halitosis or simply has poor hygiene, that's a huge turn-off and certainly a deal-breaker. If a woman's crotch smells like a mutilated skunk died inside of her, are we really expected to ignore it? Not gonna happen. Deal-Breaker, for sure.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 1:07:25 PM
At 1/9/2011 1:02:59 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
If someone has halitosis or simply has poor hygiene, that's a huge turn-off and certainly a deal-breaker. If a woman's crotch smells like a mutilated skunk died inside of her, are we really expected to ignore it? Not gonna happen. Deal-Breaker, for sure.

I think if it smells like that she might want medical help.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 1:08:26 PM
At 1/9/2011 1:07:25 PM, lovelife wrote:

I think if it smells like that she might want medical help.

hahaha
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 1:10:14 PM
At 1/9/2011 12:49:53 PM, askbob wrote:
hygiene is very important for me. Now if me and the woman have just cooked a garlicy meal and her breath smells like garlic, it doesn't bother me because mine does too. But yeah I agree that smells are important and hygiene more so.

The garlic thing is far less noticeable when you share the same smell.

My question in all this is does it remove your interest in your sexual objective? Also, i have no experience with the intimate smells of a woman, but occasionally wonder. I can imagine it to be....well actually i don't spend that much time thinking about it.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 1:10:30 PM
Yea I could not deal with a smelly clunge.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 1:11:57 PM

UGGHHH. What about an unmutilated skunk - is that okay? jk.

Kind of answers my question, and affirms my position.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 1:18:11 PM
At 1/9/2011 1:11:57 PM, innomen wrote:

UGGHHH. What about an unmutilated skunk - is that okay? jk.

Kind of answers my question, and affirms my position.:

The point is that everyone stinks sometimes. Obviously this is all within reason, of course. If a woman just ran a marathon, then it's my own damn fault for going down on her, because she can't be expected to smell like she just rolled around in a meadow of daisies every second of the day.

The issue is with people who habitually stink because they are simply unhygienic. That's the deal breaker. You're completely within reason.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 2:14:06 PM
Yes. I went on an entire date with this girl, spent all kinds of time and money that night and then when it came time to seal the deal, the second she kissed me and I got the whif / taste of her bad breath I was like... AHH! I immediately withdrew and then wouldn't let her come near my mouth again for the rest of the night (though she really tried). Unfortunately she thought it was cute/sexy that I was playing hard to get... but I really wanted nothing to do with her. The way I see it, if she's smelly in some parts then she's probably smelly in others. I am HUGE on hygiene. Sometimes I am even too picky about it. If one of us hasn't showered in the past few hours... um, yeah. No. It's not happening. I just can't do it lol. To accommodate I take two showers every day, cuz ya never know what could happen...
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 2:19:25 PM
At 1/9/2011 12:48:29 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
I think I read somewhere that the smell of sweat during sex is supposed to turn you on... But I could be wrong about that.

Anyway, I agree with you on the bad breath thing. Hygiene issues make me want to vomit.

Sweat contains a lot of pheromones, which may turn someone on or drive them away (if they are genetically diverse from you, they will typically smell better, thus driving you to spread your genes around and not let your genes stagnate into a small area).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 2:20:12 PM
I've never had a bad smell encounter, but I guess ti really depends on the individual. Occasionally I want out of peoples houses because of its distinct smell, especially peoples bedrooms. That said I'm not a hygiene freak and the smell of some people, even their sweat, isn't entirely unpleasant.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 2:20:51 PM
If it smells like chicken, keep on licking. If it smells like trout, get the hell out.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 2:43:47 PM
At 1/9/2011 2:20:51 PM, OreEle wrote:
If it smells like chicken, keep on licking. If it smells like trout, get the hell out.:

Words of wisdom, my friends... Words of wisdom.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 9:53:54 AM
At 1/9/2011 2:14:06 PM, theLwerd wrote:
To accommodate I take two showers every day, cuz ya never know what could happen...

I do as well. One in the morning and one after I workout in the afternoon
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 9:55:24 AM
At 1/9/2011 1:10:14 PM, innomen wrote:
At 1/9/2011 12:49:53 PM, askbob wrote:

The garlic thing is far less noticeable when you share the same smell.

My question in all this is does it remove your interest in your sexual objective? Also, i have no experience with the intimate smells of a woman, but occasionally wonder. I can imagine it to be....well actually i don't spend that much time thinking about it.

Not something I've really ever had a problem with to be honest. She smells good IMO.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 10:43:01 AM
Good personal hygiene is a MUST. I'm very picky in this particular area, and have ended several sexual encounters based on the questionable hygiene of the other party. If someone does not respect themselves enough to brush/floss, and bath properly, then they should not expect me dirty myself with physical interaction with them.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 11:29:48 AM
At 1/10/2011 10:43:01 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Good personal hygiene is a MUST. I'm very picky in this particular area, and have ended several sexual encounters based on the questionable hygiene of the other party. If someone does not respect themselves enough to brush/floss, and bath properly, then they should not expect me dirty myself with physical interaction with them.

Yeah, but what is "properly"?

my wife gets mad if I don't shampoo my hair every day, even though the bottle says twice a week (which is how much I do).
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 11:31:27 AM
At 1/10/2011 11:29:48 AM, OreEle wrote:

my wife gets mad if I don't shampoo my hair every day, even though the bottle says twice a week (which is how much I do).

lol wtf bottle are you using.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 11:34:55 AM
Rather than paying big bucks for fancy shampoo, however, we found just as much praise in reviews for Garnier Fructis Fortifying Daily Careinfo (*Est. $4 for 13 oz.), which experts and users say works just as well and has nearly identical ingredients. In fact, both Garnier and Kerastase are made by L'Oreal. Garnier also does well in several professional reviews, where it beats Kerastase. One reviewer at Amazon.com notices a similarity in ingredients as well as how both shampoos feel. She says, "Try the cheap one and see if it doesn't have the same effect on your hair." However, several users at MakeupAlley.com and TotalBeauty.com give Garnier Fructis lower ratings. Some say it leaves their hair feeling dry. Aside from these lower ratings though, many users think that Garnier does an excellent job of cleaning hair, leaving it shiny and smelling great -- and users appreciate its pleasant apple scent and lower price tag.

Those with fine hair might prefer a lightweight shampoo (shampoos with a lot of moisturizing agents can sometimes leave fine hair feeling heavy). Neutrogena Clean Replenishinginfo (*Est. $4 for 10.1 oz.) provides light moisture, which is perfect for those with minimal hair damage or fine hair. Users at Amazon.com say Clean Replenishing is gentle but lightweight and lathers well.

Source: http://www.consumersearch.com...

It's a conglomeration of all the reviews on the web into a detailed 5 page report. Though this section is the most informative.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 11:44:03 AM
At 1/10/2011 11:31:27 AM, askbob wrote:

Generic brand head and shoulders. But then, my wife went through beauty school, so she has a finer... appreciation... for hair care (and nail care, and skin care).
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 12:05:21 PM
At 1/10/2011 11:44:03 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 1/10/2011 11:31:27 AM, askbob wrote:

Generic brand head and shoulders. But then, my wife went through beauty school, so she has a finer... appreciation... for hair care (and nail care, and skin care).

Then you should probably take her advice on the hair care. After all, your hygiene is probably pretty important to her too, right? My shampoo bottle says the same as yours, but I still use it everyday. Also, I believe it says at least twice a week.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 12:47:43 PM
Yes, it's important for women to be clean down there: I know this girl whose minge smells like a fishmonger's dustbin (trashcan) – it kicks out one hell of stink, it does - not pleasant.

Anyway, there are two aromas that attract me to women:

1 – Obsession by Calvin Klein
2 – Tango butter (you know, the lubricant ladies produce when they are sexually-aroused - so much so when they are in bed with me that they are practically frothing at the gash!)
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 12:54:57 PM
Hygiene is essential, but I love natural smells.

I adore the smell of a sweaty girl and I am infatuated with the smell of p*ssy.

But, it depends on the situation.

In public, obviously, you want her smelling good. But, that's not always the case--in the club, for example, a sweaty girl can be sexy as all hell.

Moreover, if you live with a girl or you're around her often, you're going to smell her before she takes her daily shower at some point. So, it's best not to be picky. The point is that smells cannot be too old. It is at that point that they become disgusting. Old sweat, stinky vag, even old saliva smells revolting. But, new, it all smells great.

It must all be new smells.

And, does it turn me on?

Hell yeah, it does.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 12:56:11 PM
According to research, the smell of vaginal secretions obscures a mans ability to distinguish between attractive mates.

But anyways, yes, smell is important certainly. Honestly though, I don't think I've ever come across females with odor issues.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 12:56:26 PM
At 1/10/2011 12:47:43 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Yes, it's important for women to be clean down there: I know this girl whose minge smells like a fishmonger's dustbin (trashcan) – it kicks out one hell of stink, it does - not pleasant.

Anyway, there are two aromas that attract me to women:

1 – Obsession by Calvin Klein
2 – Tango butter (you know, the lubricant ladies produce when they are sexually-aroused - so much so when they are in bed with me that they are practically frothing at the gash!)

VERY descriptive, thanks...(laughing)