ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 6:00:57 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
PREFACE:

What follows is not fiction.

I had originally intended to observe the goings-on objectively, write this examination journalistically, and leave, it being only a job.

This soon proved impossible. My love for my subject ensured as much.

My experiences are genuine, my reactions sincere, and my description authentic.

The world which I observed is the world which I have written here. Your world may very well be different; it is a matter of perspective.

What is certain is that no thing written about here is impossible, even in your future.

The world as it could be is shown within.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 6:03:40 AM
PART I: MEMORIES

I did not have a presence at first. Not to them, at least. I had arrived with no fanfare; my investigations were irrelevant to them. I was nothing more than a drifter; no estimations of my future predicted that I would be remembered. No, people like this don"t have time to remember indiscriminately. Their world, consequently, was small, their field of vision myopic, and their bonds unbreakable. Almost.

You see, when two strangers pass one another in the street, it is unlikely that any true conflicts arise. They may each consider the other rude for their manner of walking, disheveled for their clothing, or disgusting for their grooming. But these judgements are gone as soon as one walks out of the other"s sight.

There are no grounds for ressentiment between two strangers. This is the greatest benefit of those groups which constantly shift, their members being fully masked, fully vapourous, fully replaceable. However, there are no grounds for anything lasting between two strangers. This is the greatest void of these groups.

The subject of this discussion was not such a group. Indeed, I would claim, wholeheartedly, that it was, at the core, the extreme opposite. Even though some opted to remain anonymous, putting a barrier between their dual lives, all were exposed on a level beyond names. The connexions between the group"s members were fundamental.

There were never many members. The number varied as time took its toll, but there were always the mainstays " roughly around 50, though that number comes with no guarantee of accuracy. Unlike other communities, the loss of one member and the gain of another did not balance to a zero; the new was never synonymous with the old, and the empty spaces left by those who departed, to the end, remained truly unfilled.
I suppose that it is proper, now, to describe who they were.

The Inhabitants:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There was one cat-like fellow who played much more than an atomic part. He was of jumbo importance, always being unruffled, nearly vicious, but at the same time, having, as he once put it, a "great amount of viture," a term he himself had coined to describe his character.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Orient produced a man of great intelligence. Able to comprehend the most erudite of tracts, he was, without a doubt, one of the greatest philosophers in the group"s history. His personal opinions on matters such as fornication, however, were questioned by many others.
To our fine Capital for this one. If you dared challenge him, say, to defend the right to arms, the floodgates would open. Citation after citation, study after study. You would drown in the deluge of academic evidence. And you would drown happy.
The Crusades. Islamic philosophy. Distributism. The Abolition of Man. Eloquence. These made up the essence of the drunken botanist " in vino, veritas.
My love.
He believed he was a Bench. This is indicative of his personality.
The great trickster. In my opinion, the best of the old pranksters; this man had a wit like no other.
Fourteen words:
The former mainstream conservative morphed into the group"s alt-right cult leader. Praise Kek.

This child had quite serious mental afflictions. He felt compelled to change his mask every so often, and even did so in the middle of a conversation. What benefit he gained from these costume changes I do not know. He also was famously wrong on the issue of objective, tabula rasa judgement; he was corrupted by the idea of relativism. I had tried to force him to defend his positions, but he avoided doing so for years upon years, until, finally, I stopped with my attempts, and gave up any remaining hope.
Some say she was temperamental, some that she was willful. Neither interpretation is incorrect. It is my personal belief, formed through our interaxions, that the latter judgement both means more " holds more significance as a mark of character - and pays its proper dues.
She also infamously asserted that a popular pastime of the group was, in fact, just a waste of time. This evolved into a rather involved argument, which, ironically, was even more of a waste of time than the game itself.
Heartbreaking circumstances.

There is no doubt that this man was the most divisive. The reason behind this divisiveness was disputed; some claimed that it was manufactured, the result of pure envy, while others claimed that the dissent was warranted, that arrogance, when based in and justified by fabricated consensus, should be demolished. No matter " it is not divisive now to say that this man probably had done more than any other to shape the culture and history of our subject.
Ah, the Grand Poobah. Much can be said about this character, but one must only know this: his last wish was for all to do drugs. Fnord.

In his own words: "I would ask you to talk to the hand "cause the face isn"t listening, but you? You can talk to my foot, "cause the hand"s been wankin""
This member held firm to the belief that wealth was the only reality. When this person held out the hand of friendship, it would be wise to watch his other hand. That's the one which held the hammer. My temperament is fundamentally opposed to the scoundrel"s. As such, there came a point where I had to say, to him, "I"m finished. Staying with you requires a degree of stupidity of which I no longer feel capable."
At his attempt to retort, I simply said:
"Shut up."
"Are you unable to ha-"
"I said shut up. I apologise for not realizing you are deaf."

That being said, he did have his good qualities. He had an attractive sister, for example, and I often contemplated entering into a relationship with her, if only to spite the brother.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 6:05:29 AM
Ah, this member. He represented the undercurrent of the group " the jokers, the rascals, the mischievous wrongdoers. First, he reached the top score possible of one of the group"s most popular pastimes " games of argumentation. Then, he secured the seat of president. Finally, he abdicated his throne, an unprecedented move, drawing mountains of ire. Whether he deserved it, I do not know myself. The past, looked at anew, is often much different than one would expect.
One of the first members of the group, this man lasted until the very end. He was as sharp as a raisor blade, being old and wise enough to avoid senseless dramatics. He was, to me, an exemplar individual.
A young teenager when he joined, he was always a forceful member. One never had to guess what he thought on an issue, topic, or person, and he was respected much for this, especially from myself. He was a very reasonable person, and a true free spirit.
The child-turned-academic. This one went from seeking advice about standardised entry exams to being granted entry into one of the most prestigious universities in the world " due, in no small part, I assume, to his participation, from an early and impressionable age, in the group. A success story.

Not many were as monomaniacal as this man was when it comes to economics. He was notorious for his never-ending discussions on the state of governmental policy, economic theory, and the positions others unjustly, to him, clung to. His legacy as economist has been overshadowed by his legacy as verbal combatant; many fights broke out with this man at their epicenter. He attempted to leave the group many times, but, as the rule goes, one cannot simply leave.
reader It is great to have you read this!
You ask: Who is it that I am documenting here?
I answer: He who all should worship, for it is he who has clarified THE WORD of the Lord, THE WORD which gives us all life, THE WORD which cleanses our soul, THE WORD, THE WORD, THE WORD.
I continue: His Church shall never die.
The closest thing to a Jesus figure, this man was a master carpenter. He was a bastion of common sense. He took nothing on faith, demanding a strict standard of pragmatic justification. One event in particular stands out in which he played the lead role: he was called, on his personal phone, by another member of the group. At this juncture, he unleashed a torrent of vitriol the likes of which I have never experienced since. His legacy is anything but sad.
All that must be said about this person can be derived from these words of his:

"Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears."
The creator of the community. The one who brought all the pieces into order, the one who set the stage for the future. Not many knew much about him, but all knew this: he deserved reverence.
One of the most acclaimed interlocutors, this woman could best virtually any challenger, and could do so whilst under the influence of a certain herbal drug. She took part of the longest dialogue in the history of the group after her opponent circumvented the laws of debate, and came out on top through sheer determination. Thousands and thousands of words were expended in her rise to glory.
Perhaps the most formally educated person of them all, he was a prolific rhetorician, gaining a reputation, to many, as the best there ever was. His scientific mindset cut through any attempts to obfuscate the heart of the matter at hand by way of opaque academic sophistry; his MIT education suited him. Notably old, relative to the rest, he nonetheless proved that the youth of our time still have much to learn.
He was not a fool. <(8D).
At one time, this man was president. He won the title by an incredibly small margin, preserving and prolonging the office for months. A talented debater, he was also known for his focus on structure: tournaments, programs, etc. All in all, he had contributed much to the community.
She was a young child, fooled into being a democrat. Regardless, she had little filter, and even served as president through an incredibly peculiar chain of events. She was a nice member to have around.
He was either the wisest or most out-of-touch member of the group. I, certainly, believe the former. He expounded truth after truth, lifting the veils which had covered all of our eyes for so long. There was never a better explicator. He was the de facto poet laureate of the site.

This is just one example of his infinite wisdom:

"The Earth is alive, not the Moon. That's an artificial satellite that was put into our orbit. Why do you think the Moon doesn't spin? The dark side of the moon is always facing away from us because that's where they keep hidden lunar bases that would be visible to a telescope if it were to face us."

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 6:07:01 AM
PART II: THE FALL
The great Jew. The greatest of all. The most universally adored of the members, this one was the de facto leader. He came from humble beginnings, joining the site in obscurity, remaining unknown until being catapulted into the spotlight at the recommendation of his predecessor.

His reign was that which unified the site. We worshipped him, and rightfully so. He was the element which all agreed was not to be changed, if it could be helped.

But it could not be helped.

It did change.

It changed, and everything changed.

Thus started the decline.

First went the serious members. The members who only wanted deep discussions. When the God of the society stepped down, no law remained. No order. Nothing remained for the intellectuals.

Then went the pure tricksters. Without something to rebel against, there was little point in remaining.

The decline continued with the average members. There were no more discussions, and there were no more spectacles; the site was barren for them by default.

The final group, the last holdouts, were the Old Guard. Those which had seen the group go through iteration after iteration, growing up, as it were. Those which knew that that which made the group so significant was the people who constituted it. The people who were, by this point, long gone.

These people, the last survivors, had seen friend after friend exit stage left, pieces of history being taken with them, history of everyone, history of everything, history of all that the Old had experienced, history of the great, history of the base, history which would soon be gone forever.

All those memories would never be recreated. Those jokes, which those in the loop found a sense of home in, now held no meaning to all available listeners. Arguments which once raged with passion rivalling that of Luther and the Church became sterile.

First loves, last laughs, crescendos, hills and valleys. Gone. The sound of silence would become so deafening that one could hear nothing else.

I felt an excruciating sadness when I first heard the news. When our God left us, I knew we were to be damned.

The end was near.

And the end did come.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 6:38:29 PM
There was one cat-like fellow who played much more than an atomic part. He was of jumbo importance, always being unruffled, nearly vicious, but at the same time, having, as he once put it, a "great amount of viture," a term he himself had coined to describe his character.

It's literally one long inside joke

c:
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 1:49:56 AM
Good stuff
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 3:16:11 AM
At 9/29/2016 1:49:56 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Good stuff

thanks bb

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz