Jump to topic:

violence!

badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:16:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
i'm just wondering is there anyone else here partial to a bit of the old ultraviolence? i'd have to say that i am.. i think there's just something beautiful about smashing someone's face that brightens my life, and more so if they really deserved it. i can't really be alone in this? ...i'd never hurt a woman though, whatever my reasons?.. maybe it's that psychological repulsion gettin' to me that j.kenyon was talking about in that moral nihilism thread.. my favourite method of inflicting pain is just getting them onto the floor, pinning their arms with my legs and just pounding their nose into their face...it's like time slows down! i'm a whore for biting people too and weapons (my favourite being a can)...but that's just me :) i'm also fairly sure i'd have no problem killing a fella if he deserved it.. or if it was profitable.. probably not if neither was the case.. i don't start fights! usually! ...and i'd still consider myself a good person :P my granny loves me!

i'd love to see a few replies... but i'm not really expectin' them.. what can you do...?
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:22:55 PM
At 1/10/2011 8:21:58 PM, FREEDO wrote:
No..not really. I'm Pacifist.

have you ever in your life been in a fight?
signature
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:25:18 PM
At 1/10/2011 8:16:10 PM, badger wrote:
i'm just wondering is there anyone else here partial to a bit of the old ultraviolence?
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:28:42 PM
At 1/10/2011 8:22:55 PM, badger wrote:

I got in fights all the time in public school.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:30:33 PM
At 1/10/2011 8:28:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:

why would someone pick a fight with you

lol
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:34:46 PM
At 1/10/2011 8:30:33 PM, askbob wrote:
At 1/10/2011 8:28:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:

why would someone pick a fight with you

lol

Usually they didn't. I assembled a gang of friends and we beat up bullies. Essentially vigilantes.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:37:02 PM
my favourite method of inflicting pain is just getting them onto the floor, pinning their arms with my legs and just pounding their nose into their face...it's like time slows down! i'm a whore for biting people too:

Charming. I had friend bite off a kids cheek during a fight and then spit the hunk of flesh back in to his face. Quite impressive, actually... and also disturbing.

I don't like violence for the sake of violence, but I've committed it and sometimes it is a reasonable means to an end. Violence is a great motivator, right, wrong, or indifferent.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:41:46 PM
In my mind I am a psychopath, in my heart I am a pacifist.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:51:10 PM
At 1/10/2011 8:37:02 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
my favourite method of inflicting pain is just getting them onto the floor, pinning their arms with my legs and just pounding their nose into their face...it's like time slows down! i'm a whore for biting people too:

Charming. I had friend bite off a kids cheek during a fight and then spit the hunk of flesh back in to his face. Quite impressive, actually... and also disturbing.

i'd a friend who did the same with a fella's ear.. 'twas very cool in fairness.. haven't seen him in a while though.. poor fella got 3 years for gbh.. i think we should have like a right to duel if all parties are consenting or something..

I don't like violence for the sake of violence, but I've committed it and sometimes it is a reasonable means to an end. Violence is a great motivator, right, wrong, or indifferent.

yeah.. it can be.. not really what i'm looking to talk about though.. more the joys of torture :) ...or the right to duel part.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:52:26 PM
At 1/10/2011 8:41:46 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

in other words: you're a coward!
signature
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:54:51 PM
At 1/10/2011 8:52:26 PM, badger wrote:

Nope, I've been tested. I don't run, I just can't fight.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:57:58 PM
At 1/10/2011 8:54:51 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

like you can't bring yourself to hit people? i used to be like that when i was younger.. back in the days when my mouth didn't match my intentions.. and then i hit that first person...with that rock... and it felt good :)
signature
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:59:03 PM
I'll employ violence when necessary. I'm a fairly small guy, so I've had to get training in a few different styles of martial arts, different weapons, and I'm thinking about taking a few open courses with a PMC as a bit of icing on the cake. I think the last time I got in any kind of violent situation, I took a pencil and stabbed the guy through the hand with it.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:59:24 PM

What kind of test?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:59:39 PM
At 1/10/2011 8:57:58 PM, badger wrote:

like you can't bring yourself to hit people? i used to be like that when i was younger.. back in the days when my mouth didn't match my intentions.. and then i hit that first person...with that rock... and it felt good :)

Yea pretty much, I am sure a certain amount of cowardice is in me, but moreso is this deep moral programming I guess.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 9:04:36 PM
At 1/10/2011 8:59:39 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 1/10/2011 8:57:58 PM, badger wrote:

Yea pretty much, I am sure a certain amount of cowardice is in me, but moreso is this deep moral programming I guess.

just walk up behind some fella sometime and batter him into the face with the forked end of a crowbar.. that'll sort you! let the lunatic loose!
signature
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 9:04:57 PM
i'd a friend who did the same with a fella's ear.. 'twas very cool in fairness.. haven't seen him in a while though.. poor fella got 3 years for gbh.. i think we should have like a right to duel if all parties are consenting or something..:

I had my ear bit during a fight in high school. He could have won the fight fair and square because he had my arms pinned by placing all his body weight on me. Had he simply reigned down blows on me he could have won. Instead he was pulled off of me by onlookers for violating the unspoken code of fight ethics.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 9:06:55 PM
At 1/10/2011 8:59:24 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

What kind of test?

Getting a fist in my eye.

Not like a formal exam or anything.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 9:09:25 PM
At 1/10/2011 9:06:55 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 1/10/2011 8:59:24 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

What kind of test?

Getting a fist in my eye.

Not like a formal exam or anything.

Ah. Lol. I was like "They have tests for that?"
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 9:18:17 PM
At 1/10/2011 9:04:57 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
i'd a friend who did the same with a fella's ear.. 'twas very cool in fairness.. haven't seen him in a while though.. poor fella got 3 years for gbh.. i think we should have like a right to duel if all parties are consenting or something..:

I had my ear bit during a fight in high school. He could have won the fight fair and square because he had my arms pinned by placing all his body weight on me. Had he simply reigned down blows on me he could have won. Instead he was pulled off of me by onlookers for violating the unspoken code of fight ethics.

and then you got him back, right? lol. yeah, we used have a kinda unspoken code for fighting in school too, but then we left school... and now i'd hit a fella with anything.. still i'll never have any respect for anyone who'd attack someone with a group.. that's just a pus5y thing to do...riots are great craic though! :)
signature
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 9:22:01 PM
At 1/10/2011 9:18:17 PM, badger wrote:

and then you got him back, right? lol. yeah, we used have a kinda unspoken code for fighting in school too, but then we left school... and now i'd hit a fella with anything.. still i'll never have any respect for anyone who'd attack someone with a group.. that's just a pus5y thing to do...riots are great craic though! :)

I hate the whole "ethics of fighting" thing. Fighting isn't about being a gentleman. If you're going to employ violence against someone, you shouldn't be exercising restraint past "don't kill him" (unless the situation requires the use of lethal force). The goal is to win by neutralizing your opponent. If that requires you to fight dirty, let it happen.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 9:23:21 PM
At 1/10/2011 9:22:01 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 1/10/2011 9:18:17 PM, badger wrote:

I hate the whole "ethics of fighting" thing. Fighting isn't about being a gentleman. If you're going to employ violence against someone, you shouldn't be exercising restraint past "don't kill him" (unless the situation requires the use of lethal force). The goal is to win by neutralizing your opponent. If that requires you to fight dirty, let it happen.

too right! i still wouldn't attack someone in a group though.. not my style!
signature