Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Went to debate nationals, broke up with bf...

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 5:39:19 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Welcome back. How'd you do at Nats (NSDA or NCFL)? As for the rest... *hugs*
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 6:08:24 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

Who is your favorite DDOer?
Meh!
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 6:11:10 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

Congratulations, condolences x3 :/

Are you going to Harvard or is that just an aesthetic?
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 1:51:06 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Good, I can finally make my move.

We have so much in common! I too lost a cat this year
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 1:56:24 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 1:51:06 PM, thett3 wrote:
Good, I can finally make my move.

We have so much in common! I too lost a cat this year

I found mine wedged between two boards in a closet, I recommend checking confined spaces before giving up.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 2:42:26 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

Sorry for your losses.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 3:21:17 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

Sorry for your loss. :/
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:03:19 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
That's a pretty bad turn of events.

What's it like not drowning in figurative pools like basically my debate program people were, including myself?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Vaarka
Posts: 7,602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:06:18 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

Why'd you break up with your bf?
How did you total your car?
Kitty D:
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:26:33 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 1:51:06 PM, thett3 wrote:
Good, I can finally make my move.

We have so much in common! I too lost a cat this year

holy christ
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:58:23 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

wHOA

I'm so sorry to hear this. Especially the poor kitty D:

Other than that, let's make use of the thread. What are your goals in life?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 5:54:00 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:

Also, do you do hangouts? I love hangouts and I always enjoy meeting users I haven't met yet.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Raisor
Posts: 4,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 12:07:32 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

Lol this is like the teenage girl version of the country song "my wife left, I lost my job, my dog died."

Perfect time to launch your singing career.
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:59:11 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 5:39:19 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Welcome back. How'd you do at Nats (NSDA or NCFL)? As for the rest... *hugs*
NDSA. We did better than our Oklahoman counterparts! That said, not too well. We only picked up four or five ballots. That's okay though, it was such a great experience and we hope to break next year.
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:59:32 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 6:08:24 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

Who is your favorite DDOer?

Myself
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 4:59:58 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 6:11:10 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

Congratulations, condolences x3 :/

Are you going to Harvard or is that just an aesthetic?

Let's go with aesthetic
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 5:01:04 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 11:23:50 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Which do you miss most? Your cat, Bf or car?

Well considering I got a car that I like significantly more, probably the cat. But honestly, none of it.
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 5:02:24 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 1:51:06 PM, thett3 wrote:
Good, I can finally make my move.

We have so much in common! I too lost a cat this year

Lmfao
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 5:04:54 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/22/2016 1:06:18 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

Why'd you break up with your bf?

We grew apart. There were a few issues with how we were getting along and when you're in high school struggling to mend a relationship usually isn't worth it.

How did you total your car?

Failure to yield, it was super bad - the other guys car was totaled too but no one was hurt. I was too shocked to remember what happened and to be honest I think he might have ran a red light but there's no way of knowing.

Kitty D:
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 5:05:09 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/22/2016 1:12:21 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

Are you okay?

Never been better
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 5:07:00 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/22/2016 4:58:23 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

wHOA

I'm so sorry to hear this. Especially the poor kitty D:

Other than that, let's make use of the thread. What are your goals in life?

No clue for the long term. In the short term though, I've made the decision to attend a slightly cheaper college in order to be able to travel with a program called world teach for a few summers.
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 5:08:58 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/22/2016 5:02:24 PM, debatability wrote:
At 9/21/2016 1:51:06 PM, thett3 wrote:
Good, I can finally make my move.

We have so much in common! I too lost a cat this year

Lmfao

What's your debate partner situation now given the break up?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Vaarka
Posts: 7,602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 5:10:57 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/22/2016 5:04:54 PM, debatability wrote:
At 9/22/2016 1:06:18 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

Why'd you break up with your bf?

We grew apart. There were a few issues with how we were getting along and when you're in high school struggling to mend a relationship usually isn't worth it.

How did you total your car?

Failure to yield, it was super bad - the other guys car was totaled too but no one was hurt. I was too shocked to remember what happened and to be honest I think he might have ran a red light but there's no way of knowing.

Kitty D:

Is that you in your avatar?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 5:26:19 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/22/2016 5:07:00 PM, debatability wrote:
At 9/22/2016 4:58:23 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

wHOA

I'm so sorry to hear this. Especially the poor kitty D:

Other than that, let's make use of the thread. What are your goals in life?

No clue for the long term. In the short term though, I've made the decision to attend a slightly cheaper college in order to be able to travel with a program called world teach for a few summers.

I am assuming by the sweater that you attended Harvard. If so, good stuff to you on that, but I totally understand attending a cheaper school.

Where do you intend on traveling?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 5:48:02 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/22/2016 4:59:58 PM, debatability wrote:
At 9/21/2016 6:11:10 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

Congratulations, condolences x3 :/

Are you going to Harvard or is that just an aesthetic?

Let's go with aesthetic

poseur
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 6:39:56 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/22/2016 5:10:57 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 9/22/2016 5:04:54 PM, debatability wrote:
At 9/22/2016 1:06:18 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 9/21/2016 5:33:27 AM, debatability wrote:
totaled my car, and my cat died AMA guys

Why'd you break up with your bf?

We grew apart. There were a few issues with how we were getting along and when you're in high school struggling to mend a relationship usually isn't worth it.

How did you total your car?

Failure to yield, it was super bad - the other guys car was totaled too but no one was hurt. I was too shocked to remember what happened and to be honest I think he might have ran a red light but there's no way of knowing.

Kitty D:

Is that you in your avatar?

Yes