Jump to topic:

Sentimental Objects

Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:17:19 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
I have a teddy bear I've had since I was seven. Also, one time I was in a school play, and I braided a whole bunch of colorful yarn into my hair as part of my costume. Afterwords, I took the yarn out of my hair and braided it again and now I wear it as a bracelet. Anyone else have meaningful objects?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:23:01 AM
At 9/22/2016 1:17:19 AM, Godgirl wrote:
I have a teddy bear I've had since I was seven. Also, one time I was in a school play, and I braided a whole bunch of colorful yarn into my hair as part of my costume. Afterwords, I took the yarn out of my hair and braided it again and now I wear it as a bracelet. Anyone else have meaningful objects?

I have a small music box that I keep with me and play on occasion. My grandparents gave it to me when they moved out of their old home.

Last time I played it was today, actually, when I screwed up some song in osu! that would've been my best play. The song helped calm my mix of excitedly racing heart and raging mind.

But it's okay, because I did FC the song afterwards, and it became my best play by nearly 20pp :3

I've also got a bunch of stuffed animals still, despite being 17.

I also tend to like to keep anything I make that has a smile on it. I've got a marker board drawing on my wall that I could erase at any time, but have left it as is since I was 11 simply because it was a stick figure with a big smile on it's face.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:23:30 AM

I still have several stuffed animals that I have had for a very long time.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:31:41 AM
At 9/22/2016 1:23:01 AM, Vaarka wrote:

I have a small music box that I keep with me and play on occasion. My grandparents gave it to me when they moved out of their old home.

Last time I played it was today, actually, when I screwed up some song in osu! that would've been my best play. The song helped calm my mix of excitedly racing heart and raging mind.
That's cool.
But it's okay, because I did FC the song afterwards, and it became my best play by nearly 20pp :3
I still don't know what these fancy game words mean, but good for you.

I also tend to like to keep anything I make that has a smile on it. I've got a marker board drawing on my wall that I could erase at any time, but have left it as is since I was 11 simply because it was a stick figure with a big smile on it's face.

Aww . . . That's awesome. Don't ever erase it.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:32:11 AM
At 9/22/2016 1:23:30 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Do they all have names too? Mine do, whether it be as strange as "Endelemont", as normal as "Maggie", or as generic as "Yellow Bear"
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:32:59 AM
At 9/22/2016 1:31:41 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 9/22/2016 1:23:01 AM, Vaarka wrote:

That's cool.
I still don't know what these fancy game words mean, but good for you.

Aww . . . That's awesome. Don't ever erase it.

I never plan to

Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:33:15 AM

That's cool. Do have any that are special for specific reasons?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:39:23 AM
At 9/22/2016 1:33:15 AM, Godgirl wrote:

One of them was given to me on Valentine's Day that was very special to me, another my mom bought me when I first went to the hospital, another my mom gave me when I was really sad, and another I kept because it's fluffy and smells good. I also have some snowglobes and Beanie Balls.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:42:45 AM
At 9/22/2016 1:39:23 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

One of them was given to me on Valentine's Day that was very special to me, another my mom bought me when I first went to the hospital, another my mom gave me when I was really sad, and another I kept because it's fluffy and smells good. I also have some snowglobes and Beanie Balls.

I once had a turtle doll that my parents got for me when I had appendicitis back when I was 6, and I really liked that turtle.

Of course, my dirtbag friends from Maryland ended up pulling it apart (it wasn't exactly meant to be pulled at much. My dad just got it from the hospital for me), and now it's got several strings of yarn pulled apart and little limbs here and there. I still keep it all in a drawer beside my bed.

Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:43:24 AM
At 9/22/2016 1:39:23 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

My siblings and I all had snowglobes for a while, but we kept breaking them so now we're not allowed to touch them.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:45:44 AM
At 9/22/2016 1:32:11 AM, Vaarka wrote:

Do they all have names too? Mine do, whether it be as strange as "Endelemont", as normal as "Maggie", or as generic as "Yellow Bear"

Not really.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 2:19:53 AM
At 9/22/2016 1:32:11 AM, Vaarka wrote:

My sister's animals all have names. Most of them are lame, though. (The names, not the stuffed animals).