Jump to topic:

Clarification

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:33:52 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
In recent weeks I have been called a "white nationalist" by some, because of my stances on various stuff such as BLM. While I am not necessarily offended by this label (I take great pride in going against the flow), I feel the need to clarify.

In my everyday life I do have a conscience. I try to treat black people the same way that I treat anyone else; not out of any desire to be socially acceptable but out of the moral standard to which I hold myself. If I'm talking to a middle-aged black man, I address him as "sir". If I owned a business, I would not intentionally discriminate against black job applicants or customers, even if I knew that I could get away with it. If I was a college professor, I wouldn't deliberately act unfairly towards black students, even if I could get away with it. That would go against my perception of myself as a decent person. Also, I don't perceive any race as being genetically inferior or superior, and I don't desire for white domination of the USA nor white secessionism/separatism.

But whenever the media abandons the standard of objective reporting to which it should be reasonably expected to abide by and it goes on the witchhunt against whites (be it white individuals or the white race as a whole) for alleged racism, that just really, really, really p*sses me off. It really does. It p*sses me off to the highest possible degree.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 3:41:44 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
This applies to my "misogyny" also. If my teacher was wearing a sexy dress that was clearly not appropriate for an academic setting, I wouldn't make any big deal about it, nor would I if I saw any other teacher wearing such a thing in a classroom. I really don't care what that #teacherbae person was wearing.
But it annoys me to no end whenever the media raises the battle cry of "Body Shamer" and "Misogynist" to those who do take issue with what she was wearing.

I try not to act sexist in my everyday life and to treat women with respect, but I'm compelled to respond angrily whenever there's a new witchhunt against "misogynists".
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid