PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 2:44:42 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/30/2016 2:39:43 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Pick sleep. It will improve your GPA.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 2:47:27 AM
At 9/30/2016 2:44:42 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Pick sleep. It will improve your GPA.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 9:05:15 AM
At 9/30/2016 2:27:01 AM, Godgirl wrote:
Sleep vs. GPA.
Decisions, decisions.

I think deep down you know what to do.

Sing songs to Jesus.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 10:43:20 AM
epic youtube videos vs. 1-2 hours more sleep
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 10:43:47 AM
YOUTUBE FOREVER nac
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 10:51:07 AM
At 9/30/2016 10:43:20 AM, Perussi wrote:
epic youtube videos vs. 1-2 hours more sleep

Researching the Julian Calendar vs. Going back to sleep
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 1:04:24 PM
Sleep vs. GPA.
Decisions, decisions.

osu! obviously
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 9:14:58 PM
Pick sleep.
I did. This time, anyway.
It will improve your GPA.
Well, I got an F on a project because it was half done because I wanted to sleep, so . . . It's not exactly working so far.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 2:41:37 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
I picked sleep every time and has a 4.0 GPA right up until I had some huge issues with life, the universe, and everything and dropped out. Highly recommend it. The sleep, I mean, not dropping out - unless you want to, in which case, go for it, and sleep anyway. After all, how coherent and knowledgeable can you be when you fall asleep mid-exam?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 2:42:29 AM
At 10/5/2016 2:41:37 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I picked sleep every time and had a 4.0 GPA right up until I had some huge issues with life, the universe, and everything and dropped out. Highly recommend it. The sleep, I mean, not dropping out - unless you want to, in which case, go for it, and sleep anyway. After all, how coherent and knowledgeable can you be when you fall asleep mid-exam?

Fixed it!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 12:17:08 PM
At 10/5/2016 2:42:29 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I picked sleep every time and had a 4.0 GPA right up until I had some huge issues with life, the universe, and everything and dropped out. Highly recommend it. The sleep, I mean, not dropping out - unless you want to, in which case, go for it, and sleep anyway. After all, how coherent and knowledgeable can you be when you fall asleep mid-exam?

Fixed it!

I seriously don't understand how some people are up until 1 or 2 in the morning doing just homework. Sure, I'm up late, but not that late, and even then it's mostly because I'm so easily distracted that I do homework rather slowly. On top of that, I run cross country, so I don't usually get home until 6:45ish, and then usually don't start my homework until 7:15-7:30, and I still am usually asleep by 11:30.

I wouldn't call my grades spectacular (my math grades are easy proof of that), but most of my classes I do well enough in, usually getting A's or the occasional high B (usually in harder classes, such as science or foreign language - of course math is the exception since I usually get a C- or something in that class). So I'd value sleep over GPA, since one is more important to your growth, health, and development, while the other just helps your chances of getting into a more preferred college.

Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 1:55:00 AM
I picked sleep every time and has a 4.0 GPA right up until I had some huge issues with life, the universe, and everything and dropped out. Highly recommend it. The sleep, I mean, not dropping out - unless you want to, in which case, go for it, and sleep anyway. After all, how coherent and knowledgeable can you be when you fall asleep mid-exam?

Well, dropping out is illegal in my state, so . . .
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 2:00:42 AM
At 10/5/2016 12:17:08 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Fixed it!

I seriously don't understand how some people are up until 1 or 2 in the morning doing just homework.
Yeah, I can't even function after 9 or 10.
Sure, I'm up late, but not that late, and even then it's mostly because I'm so easily distracted that I do homework rather slowly. On top of that, I run cross country, so I don't usually get home until 6:45ish, and then usually don't start my homework until 7:15-7:30, and I still am usually asleep by 11:30.

I wouldn't call my grades spectacular (my math grades are easy proof of that), but most of my classes I do well enough in, usually getting A's or the occasional high B (usually in harder classes, such as science or foreign language - of course math is the exception since I usually get a C- or something in that class). So I'd value sleep over GPA, since one is more important to your growth, health, and development, while the other just helps your chances of getting into a more preferred college.

In theory, I choose sleep. In reality, I end up procrastinating and choose neither. I'm actually doing fine in most of my classes. Except biology. Biology sucks.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 12:34:02 PM
At 10/6/2016 2:00:42 AM, Godgirl wrote:

Fixed it!

I seriously don't understand how some people are up until 1 or 2 in the morning doing just homework.
Sure, I'm up late, but not that late, and even then it's mostly because I'm so easily distracted that I do homework rather slowly. On top of that, I run cross country, so I don't usually get home until 6:45ish, and then usually don't start my homework until 7:15-7:30, and I still am usually asleep by 11:30.

In theory, I choose sleep. In reality, I end up procrastinating and choose neither. I'm actually doing fine in most of my classes. Except biology. Biology sucks.

Lol, I actually liked most of biology... Except, you know, when we spent over half of a semester on the cell, slowly zooming in more and more with each chapter until I had no idea quite where we were anymore :/

Just remember: the mitochondria is the power house of the cell.

kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 1:18:00 PM
people have actually said this, google it, saw it on an interview even
"I never met anyone who died from lack of sleep" I boggle at the concept.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 5:47:18 PM
At 10/6/2016 1:18:00 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

You can in fact die of sleep deprivation.

You will start hallucinating after only a few days.

Longest I've gone was probably around 50 hours without sleep.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 6:02:03 PM
At 10/6/2016 5:47:18 PM, Raisor wrote:

um ok guess you missed it, how do you meet someone who has died?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 6:11:32 PM
Sleep vs. GPA.
Decisions, decisions.

What kind of homework do you have?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 7:35:27 PM
At 10/6/2016 6:11:32 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Sleep vs. GPA.
Decisions, decisions.

The hard kind.
Creating a Google map about ancient Rome
Researching and writing an outline for a paper on the Julian calendar
Pages of useless worksheets for biology
And some small assignments for other classes.
And I need to study for a Spanish oral exam, a history test, and a biology test.
The last three years of my life did nothing to prepare me for high school.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 7:41:56 PM
At 10/6/2016 12:34:02 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Fixed it!

Lol, I actually liked most of biology... Except, you know, when we spent over half of a semester on the cell, slowly zooming in more and more with each chapter until I had no idea quite where we were anymore :/

I remember. We've been learning it since seventh grade.
I don't hate biology as a subject, but there are too many pointless assignments for the class to be any fun. And my teacher loses papers all the time and then puts them in the gradebook as zeroes. So I think I have like, a C in that class.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 8:30:10 PM
At 10/6/2016 7:41:56 PM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/6/2016 12:34:02 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Fixed it!

I remember. We've been learning it since seventh grade.
I don't hate biology as a subject, but there are too many pointless assignments for the class to be any fun. And my teacher loses papers all the time and then puts them in the gradebook as zeroes. So I think I have like, a C in that class.

you need very little ability to teach, you just need a degree, sad but true.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:11:23 PM
At 10/6/2016 6:02:03 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 10/6/2016 5:47:18 PM, Raisor wrote:

um ok guess you missed it, how do you meet someone who has died?

You meet them before they die lol.

I missed the joke, but to be fair it's a pretty dumb joke :P
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 9:47:48 PM
At 10/6/2016 9:31:29 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
< larger then.
> smaller then.
No sleep or study could of prepared me for them symbols.

Lol, these things used to confuse me so much.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:00:35 PM
At 10/6/2016 9:47:48 PM, Godgirl wrote:
< larger then.
> smaller then.

He's actually wrong. > is greater than and < is less than.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:49:27 PM
At 10/6/2016 7:35:27 PM, Godgirl wrote:
Sleep vs. GPA.
Decisions, decisions.

The hard kind.
And I need to study for a Spanish oral exam, a history test, and a biology test.

The biggest thing is to train yourself not to have any pleasure during the week and have some fun during the weekend.

Instead of going out with friends or just chillaxing in front of the TV during the week your going to have to move that to the weekend. In fact some weekends you might be busy too
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:52:46 PM
At 10/6/2016 10:00:35 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/6/2016 9:47:48 PM, Godgirl wrote:
< larger then.
> smaller then.

He's actually wrong. > is greater than and < is less than.
Lol, I didn't even notice. *sigh* I guess I'm still confused about them, then.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:55:14 PM
At 10/6/2016 10:49:27 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/6/2016 7:35:27 PM, Godgirl wrote:
Sleep vs. GPA.
Decisions, decisions.

The hard kind.

The biggest thing is to train yourself not to have any pleasure during the week and have some fun during the weekend.

Instead of going out with friends or just chillaxing in front of the TV during the week your going to have to move that to the weekend. In fact some weekends you might be busy too

I'm kind of doing the opposite of that right now. Small things due the next day or later in the week are done during the week; major projects are worked on mostly over the weekend.
It kind of works.