Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 8:19:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What is your pets name and specie . . .
Nappster = Dog . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 8:32:21 PM
Cats:
Gremlin
Scout
Bonnie
Clyde
Pixel
Meg
Jake

Dogs:
Franklin
Zach
Kayla
Sammy
Maxi

Horses:
Penny
Old Lady
Tico
Ladie

Goats:
Lonzo
Pip
Squeak
Baerli
Zwingli
Springli
Luli

Mini Mules:
Min
Max

These are the ones that live on my mum's farm up in Canada.... :)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 8:36:44 PM
This is my cat, the diabolical fat beast that goes by the name Miss Guadeloupe Riviera

http://img80.imageshack.us...
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 9:50:16 PM
Almost forgot my cat Pwnage . . . and dog Pwned . . .
http://www.roflcat.com...
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 10:14:51 PM
At 1/14/2011 9:50:16 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Almost forgot my cat Pwnage . . . and dog Pwned . . .
http://www.roflcat.com...

Believe it or not, that is actually my cat. XD
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 10:59:28 PM
At 1/14/2011 10:46:53 PM, theLwerd wrote:
My puppaluffagus, Duke! I loooooooooooooooooooove him.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...

Awww, he's adorable. I have a golden retriever, too. His name is Reilly.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 11:02:25 PM
I don't have any more pets, and I kind of like it! It's not that I don't love pets, but they really are a pain in the @ss. That said, I would love to have pets again in the near future.

Had a pet dove on my last deployment. The circumstances were we rolled up on a grossly overloaded Haitian sail freighter. After disembarking the passengers we found this lone dove with clipped wings. I assume he was their for superstitious reasons -- either to be a ritual voodoo sacrifice or as a good luck charm for safe voyage.

He literally jumped from the sail freighter to our small boat. Well, that was enough for us. He was a keeper.

Then we sank the boat and sent "Larry" (not my choice in the name) back to our ship. On migrant and detainee watch, I fed him, loved him, and took him for walks on the flight deck, more so than any other crew member. He became my bird, until we pulled in to Cuba and the captain made me turn him loose.

Since his wings were clipped, I suspect 'ole Larry was probably eaten by a bird of prey or cat. I doubt he's still alive. :(
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 11:03:22 PM

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...:

Cute dog. Makes me miss my old retriever :(
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 11:39:24 PM
Kind of a blurry picture but my dogs are my ultimate companions. Especially my Doberman Kalya who thinks she's a lap dog. Lol. :P

http://www.debate.org...

(Maxi - Bernese Mountain Dog, Zack - Bernese/Shepherd mix, Kayla - Doberman/Lab mix, Franklin - Jack Russel, Sammy - Cocker spaniel)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 8:57:19 AM
I miss having a dog. Carlos is dead against it, and thinks animals should be outside (it's currently 9 degrees here). I've had two dogs Major and Missile. Missile was an Australian Shepherd. Fast as the wind, and really a wonderful companion. Putting her down was the hardest thing i had ever done in my life.

The thing about getting a dog is you know the day will come when...well you know.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 4:16:39 PM
Can't wait til I move to a place where I can keep a dog. I watch the Dog Whisperer all the time. Haven't decided what breed I would get yet. Probably a Husky - they're so legit.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 4:19:06 PM
At 1/15/2011 4:16:39 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Can't wait til I move to a place where I can keep a dog. I watch the Dog Whisperer all the time. Haven't decided what breed I would get yet. Probably a Husky - they're so legit.

So do I! He's awesome... I don't know if I could have 30+ dogs like him but I'm tempted to... Plus, seeing all those people who don't know how to control or train their own dogs is just sad.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 4:32:05 PM
At 1/15/2011 4:19:06 PM, annhasle wrote:

So do I! He's awesome... I don't know if I could have 30+ dogs like him but I'm tempted to... Plus, seeing all those people who don't know how to control or train their own dogs is just sad.

My first dog, Major, was half German Shepherd and half Husky, a very cool mix, and a very cool dog.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 7:12:30 PM
At 1/15/2011 4:32:05 PM, innomen wrote:

My first dog, Major, was half German Shepherd and half Husky, a very cool mix, and a very cool dog.

Aw, that sounds awesome. My first dog was a purebred Doberman named Luci (short for Lucifer since she got into EVERYTHING and people thought she would be violent/evil). She listened well, followed me everywhere and was a complete sweetheart. Well, as long as you weren't threatening -- she hated men. If a guy came close to me, she'd growl and stand in front of me to protect me. She never attacked, she was a good dog. But she was killed in Washington D.C. :(
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 7:36:56 PM

I would never get a Huskie. Even though they're beautiful, they are not known for being obedient or particularly loving. They're actually pretty rowdy and it's harder to train them (to behave anyway). My friend has a Huskie and it's a huge pain in the a$s.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 7:39:28 PM
At 1/15/2011 8:57:19 AM, innomen wrote:
I miss having a dog. Carlos is dead against it, and thinks animals should be outside (it's currently 9 degrees here). I've had two dogs Major and Missile. Missile was an Australian Shepherd. Fast as the wind, and really a wonderful companion. Putting her down was the hardest thing i had ever done in my life.

Omg I know. I put down my German Shepherd last Christmas Eve and would randomly cry hysterically for weeks. I'm a huge dog lover and was super attached to my dogs; I'm still attached to my one living lil weasel <333 I obsess over him pretty much. In the future I'm considering getting an Australian Shepherd, or possibly Collie. I like bigger dogs... though I might surprise the wifesicle with a Bulldog puppy someday, cuz she's always wanted one. It'd hafta be when we have a house though; getting an apartment with a dog is a friggin nightmare.
President of DDO
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 7:42:53 PM
At 1/15/2011 7:36:56 PM, theLwerd wrote:

I would never get a Huskie. Even though they're beautiful, they are not known for being obedient or particularly loving. They're actually pretty rowdy and it's harder to train them (to behave anyway). My friend has a Huskie and it's a huge pain in the a$s.

That depends on the breed of the Husky and how old he gets it. Siberian Huskies get a bad reputation but raised from a young age and trained properly, they can be just as loving and obedient as a Lab. Plus, it also depends on the environment he's going to raise the dog in -- a house or apartment. Kids vs. no kids. Parties vs. no parties.

No offense to your friend but I would say that the lack of obedience or love (or any problem, really) is the owner's fault and not the dog's. They respond in the way they have learned how.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 7:53:44 PM
At 1/15/2011 7:42:53 PM, annhasle wrote:
No offense to your friend but I would say that the lack of obedience or love (or any problem, really) is the owner's fault and not the dog's. They respond in the way they have learned how.

I wouldn't take offense, but she seems decent to me. Of course it's all about environment and conditioning, but some dogs simply are naturally harder. They have different personalities. I'm just personally not a huge fan of the Huskie temperament. They're great dogs - and I've known some really well behaved ones - they're just not my personal fave.
President of DDO
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 8:34:52 PM
My dog

sadie

damn i miss her when I'm at school.

http://i51.tinypic.com...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 8:44:15 PM
Cats:
Sammy
Dixie
Zin
Puss
Rocky

Dogs:
Raider
Toby
Rex
Diesel

Birds:
30 some-odd chicken, whose names I don't all remember.
Sweetie-pie and Houston, turkeys
Cocoa, parrot

Other:
Sugar, hamster
Patch, horse
2 bunnies, can't recall their names at the moment.

And a bunch of my animals just died recently.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 8:46:43 PM
My owl named Really . . . http://orlyowl.tripod.com...
Minister Of Trolling
:
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 8:59:18 PM

lol, that tshhhhhhh sound he makes is awesome. When I have kids, I'm using that on them too.

Kid pushes other kid - light touch, "tshhhhhh"
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 9:07:17 PM
At 1/15/2011 8:59:18 PM, bluesteel wrote:

lol, that tshhhhhhh sound he makes is awesome. When I have kids, I'm using that on them too.

Kid pushes other kid - light touch, "tshhhhhh"

Lol, I already do with my little sister. She starts crying in the store, I "tsshhh" her and she stops. Works perfectly.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 8:04:35 PM
At 1/14/2011 10:59:28 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...

Awww, he's adorable. I have a golden retriever, too. His name is Reilly.

Haha I'm glad you think so, considering people always tell me that my dog and I look alike... -_- Reilly is such a cute name for a Golden too, though Duke is only 1/2 Golden Retriever and 1/2 Yellow Lab. He's pretty much the perfect mix of gorgeous and dumb, but he is without a doubt the most affectionate (even annoyingly so) dog I have EVER met. He will literally throw your arm around his neck if god forbid you are not petting him every second. When he sleeps with us, he literally puts his paw around us like a human. He loves to sleep in beds and will go out of his way to put his head on a pillow. If I sit on the floor, he will sit his big a$s right on my lap. Basically he just needs attention and touching CONSTANTLY. He is the most emotionally needy dog - I swear. Vi thinks it's my fault and says I conditioned him to be that way, because I've smothered him with love since he was a puppy (he was sooo cute - you have no idea!!!). It's possible. Haha I don't mind it - there's worse things that could happen than an awesome, adorable dog loving me infinitely and needing me to reciprocate, which is pretty easy :)
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 10:02:13 PM
Current (well, as current as it can get with them at home and me at dorm): Kiki and Clawdia, both cats.

Former whose names I remember:
Cat: Wagsy

Chihuahuas: Maggie, Taz.

Names unremembered if given: ton of fish, I think another cat in there with a bunch of kittens, hermit crab, turtle.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.