Jump to topic:

So I built a motorized bike...

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 8:15:13 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Top speed so far is 35 mph. I'm planning on changing the sprocket, putting expansion chamber exhaust pipe on it, and getting a different cyl head. That should get me over 40 mph.

I will post pictures later.

Anyone else here into this hobby?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 10:57:11 PM
At 10/5/2016 8:15:13 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Top speed so far is 35 mph. I'm planning on changing the sprocket, putting expansion chamber exhaust pipe on it, and getting a different cyl head. That should get me over 40 mph.

Pffftt... geers...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 12:44:48 AM
At 10/5/2016 10:57:11 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Pffftt... geers...

Pfftt.... Dirt...

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 5:44:35 PM

That is awesome. I've never done anything beyond basic bicycle maintenance.

You should do a full write up I would definitely be interested. Total budget? What is the cost breakdown? Where did you get parts - CL? Are you self taught/how did you figure out how to put it together.
Are you doing work on the motor as well?

What is the make and model of bike?
I'm that queen that will make you bounce.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 6:42:04 PM

That's pretty cool! Before I got my drivers license I was really into these motorized scooters called Go-peds. They were all the rave back in the early 2000's and alot of fun. I had two different models: 1) The sport http://goped.com... and 2) The Bigfoot (now called the trail ripper) http://goped.com... At the peak of my go-pedding days I had 4 other neighborhood friends with go-peds too, so we'd all ride around together, lol.

I used to play with the engine alot. On the sport model I did a few modifications like adding a larger air filter, bored out the carburetor, added a pipe exhaust, and a few other things I can't recall. Alot of fun, really. It's max speed after all the modifications was 37 mph. Couldn't realistically get it faster than that without buying a whole new engine and by then getting my license was right around the corner.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 7:44:17 PM
At 10/6/2016 5:44:35 PM, Raisor wrote:

That is awesome. I've never done anything beyond basic bicycle maintenance.

You should do a full write up I would definitely be interested. Total budget? What is the cost breakdown? Where did you get parts - CL? Are you self taught/how did you figure out how to put it together.
Are you doing work on the motor as well?

What is the make and model of bike?

I got a kit for like 160, but I'm planning on doing more modifications after I finish my other build. Cost for the second bike and engine kit is $270. Planning to sell on CL for like 370 or 400.

I do alot of car work so I have alot of tools and stuff, and I work for a tool company, so yeah.. I have alot of access to stuff if I ever need it. Not that you need it for this though. As far as learning about 2-strokes in particular, I read alot of online stuff. I want to learn how to weld, so I can actually build some cool stuff, unlike having to buy parts and everything.

Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 8:02:32 PM
At 10/6/2016 12:44:48 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 10/5/2016 10:57:11 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Pffftt... geers...

Pfftt.... Dirt...

Lol. Actually that is pretty cool... we need some pics!
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:17:17 PM
Old pic of the bike:

http://oi63.tinypic.com...