Jump to topic:

So I built a motorized bike...

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 8:15:13 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Top speed so far is 35 mph. I'm planning on changing the sprocket, putting expansion chamber exhaust pipe on it, and getting a different cyl head. That should get me over 40 mph.

I will post pictures later.

Anyone else here into this hobby?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 10:57:11 PM
At 10/5/2016 8:15:13 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Top speed so far is 35 mph. I'm planning on changing the sprocket, putting expansion chamber exhaust pipe on it, and getting a different cyl head. That should get me over 40 mph.

Pffftt... geers...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 12:44:48 AM
At 10/5/2016 10:57:11 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Pffftt... geers...

Pfftt.... Dirt...

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 5:44:35 PM

That is awesome. I've never done anything beyond basic bicycle maintenance.

You should do a full write up I would definitely be interested. Total budget? What is the cost breakdown? Where did you get parts - CL? Are you self taught/how did you figure out how to put it together.
Are you doing work on the motor as well?

What is the make and model of bike?
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 6:42:04 PM

That's pretty cool! Before I got my drivers license I was really into these motorized scooters called Go-peds. They were all the rave back in the early 2000's and alot of fun. I had two different models: 1) The sport http://goped.com... and 2) The Bigfoot (now called the trail ripper) http://goped.com... At the peak of my go-pedding days I had 4 other neighborhood friends with go-peds too, so we'd all ride around together, lol.

I used to play with the engine alot. On the sport model I did a few modifications like adding a larger air filter, bored out the carburetor, added a pipe exhaust, and a few other things I can't recall. Alot of fun, really. It's max speed after all the modifications was 37 mph. Couldn't realistically get it faster than that without buying a whole new engine and by then getting my license was right around the corner.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 7:44:17 PM
At 10/6/2016 5:44:35 PM, Raisor wrote:

That is awesome. I've never done anything beyond basic bicycle maintenance.

You should do a full write up I would definitely be interested. Total budget? What is the cost breakdown? Where did you get parts - CL? Are you self taught/how did you figure out how to put it together.
Are you doing work on the motor as well?

What is the make and model of bike?

I got a kit for like 160, but I'm planning on doing more modifications after I finish my other build. Cost for the second bike and engine kit is $270. Planning to sell on CL for like 370 or 400.

I do alot of car work so I have alot of tools and stuff, and I work for a tool company, so yeah.. I have alot of access to stuff if I ever need it. Not that you need it for this though. As far as learning about 2-strokes in particular, I read alot of online stuff. I want to learn how to weld, so I can actually build some cool stuff, unlike having to buy parts and everything.

Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 8:02:32 PM
At 10/6/2016 12:44:48 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 10/5/2016 10:57:11 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Pffftt... geers...

Pfftt.... Dirt...

Lol. Actually that is pretty cool... we need some pics!
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 10:17:17 PM
Old pic of the bike:

http://oi63.tinypic.com...