Total Posts:241|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

27,000th Post - AMA

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 2:24:31 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
This is my 27,000th post AMA, even though it's really my 27,011th. If you ask me a question, you must answer one of mine--please respect this rule if you choose to participate.

Ask me about politics or my beliefs, me as person, my hobbies (like debating, writing, and so forth), or anything else that pops into your head.

Thanks for participating!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Godgirl
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 2:36:26 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:24:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This is my 27,000th post AMA, even though it's really my 27,011th. If you ask me a question, you must answer one of mine--please respect this rule if you choose to participate.

Ask me about politics or my beliefs, me as person, my hobbies (like debating, writing, and so forth), or anything else that pops into your head.

Thanks for participating!

Are you a figment of my imagination?
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 2:37:48 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:36:26 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:24:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This is my 27,000th post AMA, even though it's really my 27,011th. If you ask me a question, you must answer one of mine--please respect this rule if you choose to participate.

Ask me about politics or my beliefs, me as person, my hobbies (like debating, writing, and so forth), or anything else that pops into your head.

Thanks for participating!

Are you a figment of my imagination?

Probably not.

Are you a figment of my imagination?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Godgirl
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 2:39:57 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:37:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:36:26 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:24:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This is my 27,000th post AMA, even though it's really my 27,011th. If you ask me a question, you must answer one of mine--please respect this rule if you choose to participate.

Ask me about politics or my beliefs, me as person, my hobbies (like debating, writing, and so forth), or anything else that pops into your head.

Thanks for participating!

Are you a figment of my imagination?

Probably not.

Are you a figment of my imagination?

Maybe.
Whoa, wait . . . My brain hurts now.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 2:43:58 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:24:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This is my 27,000th post AMA, even though it's really my 27,011th. If you ask me a question, you must answer one of mine--please respect this rule if you choose to participate.

Ask me about politics or my beliefs, me as person, my hobbies (like debating, writing, and so forth), or anything else that pops into your head.

Thanks for participating!

Honest opinion. Also, if I ask you every one of the questions on the list, would you ask me one question or all?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 2:44:00 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:39:57 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:37:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:36:26 AM, Godgirl wrote:
Are you a figment of my imagination?

Probably not.

Are you a figment of my imagination?

Maybe.
Whoa, wait . . . My brain hurts now.

Lol.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 2:45:26 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:43:58 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:24:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This is my 27,000th post AMA, even though it's really my 27,011th. If you ask me a question, you must answer one of mine--please respect this rule if you choose to participate.

Ask me about politics or my beliefs, me as person, my hobbies (like debating, writing, and so forth), or anything else that pops into your head.

Thanks for participating!

Honest opinion.

Your an honest, fair person who I like. I think your sense of humor can sometimes be a bit abrasive, and you should tone it down on occasion, but you're a good person, and very well-meaning.

Also, if I ask you every one of the questions on the list, would you ask me one question or all?

Probably, just for revenge.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Godgirl
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 2:46:13 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:44:00 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:39:57 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:37:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:36:26 AM, Godgirl wrote:
Are you a figment of my imagination?

Probably not.

Are you a figment of my imagination?

Maybe.
Whoa, wait . . . My brain hurts now.

Lol.

If I'm a figment of someone else's imagination, can I be conscious? Have thoughts and emotions?
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 2:47:47 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:45:26 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:43:58 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:24:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:

First name:

Surname:

Sex:

Relationship status:

Sexual orientation:

Ethnicity:

Religion:

Conception of god[1]:

What theory on the origin of life on earth do you think is most true[2]:

Position on the creationism-evolution controversy:

What do you think happens when you die:

Most hated religion:

Opinion on human nature:

Political ideology:

Presidential candidate:

Most hated political ideology:

Opinion on feminism:

Preferred form of government:

Preferred economic system:

City:

Country:

Mother's maiden name:

Birthday:

Age:

Zodiac sign:

Browser user agent:

Current education level:

Assessment of academic performance:

Do you think you are intelligent:

Assessment of quality of life:

Assessment of level of happiness:

Attempted suicide:

Lost the will to live:

Number of "good friends":

Clique in School [3]:

Historical person you most admire (could be current):

Employment Company:

Occupation:

Height:

Weight:

Blood type:

Favorite color:

Favorite song:

Favorite TV show:

Favorite video game:

Favorite mythological creature:

Favorite movie:

Favorite quote:

Favorite art form:

Worst enemy on this site:

Best friend on this site:

Desired number of children (if any):

Vehicle (if any):

Your version of a "perfect society":

If you don't understand what [1], [2], and [3] mean, please view these polls respectively http://www.debate.org... http://www.debate.org... http://www.debate.org...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 2:53:51 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:24:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This is my 27,000th post AMA, even though it's really my 27,011th. If you ask me a question, you must answer one of mine--please respect this rule if you choose to participate.

Ask me about politics or my beliefs, me as person, my hobbies (like debating, writing, and so forth), or anything else that pops into your head.

Thanks for participating!

Does ought imply can?
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:00:11 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:53:51 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:24:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This is my 27,000th post AMA, even though it's really my 27,011th. If you ask me a question, you must answer one of mine--please respect this rule if you choose to participate.

Ask me about politics or my beliefs, me as person, my hobbies (like debating, writing, and so forth), or anything else that pops into your head.

Thanks for participating!

Does ought imply can?

That is a very tough, question, actually, and one that I discussed a lot in this debate: [http://www.debate.org...]. I think that depends on what we mean by ought.

If, by ought, we're talking about moral desirability, or about what would be right in an ideal world, then I do not think ought implies can. If, however, we use ought to mean moral obligation, then I think ought does imply can.

Saying, X cannot happen, but it is morally desirable that it should happen, is one thing. But if we impose on people obligations, those obligations need to be fair. It is not fair to obligate the impossible.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:01:58 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:46:13 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:44:00 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:39:57 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:37:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:36:26 AM, Godgirl wrote:
Are you a figment of my imagination?

Probably not.

Are you a figment of my imagination?

Maybe.
Whoa, wait . . . My brain hurts now.

Lol.

If I'm a figment of someone else's imagination, can I be conscious? Have thoughts and emotions?

Maybe we are all figments of God's imagination. If an imagination is infinitely complex, why could it not create a world as multi-dimensional and deep as the one we purport to inhabit? I and all my emotions and thoughts could be imagined in such a mind.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:05:55 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
When will team fanfic results be posted?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:08:25 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 3:05:55 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
When will team fanfic results be posted?

When you finish scoring them.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Opsianos
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:11:39 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:24:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This is my 27,000th post AMA, even though it's really my 27,011th. If you ask me a question, you must answer one of mine--please respect this rule if you choose to participate.

Ask me about politics or my beliefs, me as person, my hobbies (like debating, writing, and so forth), or anything else that pops into your head.

Thanks for participating!

Hey, long time no see! Do you remember me? Honestly can't blame you if you don't.

What do you (and not a 20th century philosopher please) think is the meaning of life?
Have no regrets.
Godgirl
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:14:49 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 3:01:58 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:46:13 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:44:00 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:39:57 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:37:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:36:26 AM, Godgirl wrote:
Are you a figment of my imagination?

Probably not.

Are you a figment of my imagination?

Maybe.
Whoa, wait . . . My brain hurts now.

Lol.

If I'm a figment of someone else's imagination, can I be conscious? Have thoughts and emotions?

Maybe we are all figments of God's imagination. If an imagination is infinitely complex, why could it not create a world as multi-dimensional and deep as the one we purport to inhabit? I and all my emotions and thoughts could be imagined in such a mind.

Wow.
I wonder if all the imaginary friends I had as a kid or the characters for stories that I write in my head think they exist.
Then again, who's to say they don't? Are the things I imagine real life for some alternate-universe people in my head? Do they know they live in my head? Do they exist? Do they think they exist? Do they think at all?

Okay, I think this is bordering on schizophrenia now.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:16:08 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 3:11:39 AM, Opsianos wrote:
Hey, long time no see! Do you remember me? Honestly can't blame you if you don't.

Yeah, I do, lol. You missed my latest mafia game :( Nice to see you around again, Ops.

What do you (and not a 20th century philosopher please) think is the meaning of life?

As cliched as this sounds, to make a net positive contribution to the world. If we see ourselves not as individuals, but as a community of people that spans not just the living generations but all generations to come, we have duties to those future generations to leave the world a better place for them, so that they do not suffer what we have suffered. Making this kind of contribution also allows us to grow and self-actualize as a community but also as persons, and those contributions can act as our legacy. Those contributions (or failures) are what we leave behind.

So, how've you been?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Posts: 14,372
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:17:42 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Skep, Bossy, Thett, 7th, Romanii

who is the alpha
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:17:58 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 3:14:49 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/8/2016 3:01:58 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:46:13 AM, Godgirl wrote:
If I'm a figment of someone else's imagination, can I be conscious? Have thoughts and emotions?

Maybe we are all figments of God's imagination. If an imagination is infinitely complex, why could it not create a world as multi-dimensional and deep as the one we purport to inhabit? I and all my emotions and thoughts could be imagined in such a mind.

Wow.
I wonder if all the imaginary friends I had as a kid or the characters for stories that I write in my head think they exist.

I doubt they do, because our imaginations are not infinite. I have sometimes thought about the possibility that our imaginations are actually insights into parallel or distinct universe...not sure about the science on that, but it's a intriguing idea.

Okay, I think this is bordering on schizophrenia now.

Lol.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:18:19 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:43:58 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

I'll get to your post tomorrow.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:19:10 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 3:05:55 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
When will team fanfic results be posted?

Soon...I really hope soon. Believe me, I am working on it. *crosses fingers*

So, what is your best joke?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:19:57 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 3:19:10 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 3:05:55 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
When will team fanfic results be posted?

Soon...I really hope soon. Believe me, I am working on it. *crosses fingers*

So, what is your best joke?

What monster does an egg fear the most?

The Kraken
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:19:59 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:53:51 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
Does ought imply can?

What do you think of my answer?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:20:16 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 3:19:57 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 10/8/2016 3:19:10 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 3:05:55 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
When will team fanfic results be posted?

Soon...I really hope soon. Believe me, I am working on it. *crosses fingers*

So, what is your best joke?

What monster does an egg fear the most?

The Kraken

Lol
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Opsianos
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:21:23 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 2:24:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This is my 27,000th post AMA, even though it's really my 27,011th. If you ask me a question, you must answer one of mine--please respect this rule if you choose to participate.

Ask me about politics or my beliefs, me as person, my hobbies (like debating, writing, and so forth), or anything else that pops into your head.

Thanks for participating!

I'll throw in another question, actually.

What were, in your opinion, major events in DDO that occurred over the last three months?

Oh, and a short physics problem for the fun of it (hope you can solve it so that's one more problem off my workload):

A magnetic field 60 degrees north to the plane of a wire loop is uniform in space but changes with time t in the region of a loop. If the induced emf in the loop decreases linearly with time t, then the magnitude of the magnetic field must be proportional to what in terms of t?
Have no regrets.
Godgirl
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:22:13 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 3:17:58 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 3:14:49 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/8/2016 3:01:58 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:46:13 AM, Godgirl wrote:
If I'm a figment of someone else's imagination, can I be conscious? Have thoughts and emotions?

Maybe we are all figments of God's imagination. If an imagination is infinitely complex, why could it not create a world as multi-dimensional and deep as the one we purport to inhabit? I and all my emotions and thoughts could be imagined in such a mind.

Wow.
I wonder if all the imaginary friends I had as a kid or the characters for stories that I write in my head think they exist.

I doubt they do, because our imaginations are not infinite.
So maybe they exist as far as we imagine them? I'm not sure if that sentence makes sense, but I can't figure out a better way to phrase it.
I have sometimes thought about the possibility that our imaginations are actually insights into parallel or distinct universe...not sure about the science on that, but it's a intriguing idea.
That's really cool.
Okay, I think this is bordering on schizophrenia now.

Lol.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:25:11 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 3:22:13 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/8/2016 3:17:58 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 3:14:49 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/8/2016 3:01:58 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:46:13 AM, Godgirl wrote:
If I'm a figment of someone else's imagination, can I be conscious? Have thoughts and emotions?

Maybe we are all figments of God's imagination. If an imagination is infinitely complex, why could it not create a world as multi-dimensional and deep as the one we purport to inhabit? I and all my emotions and thoughts could be imagined in such a mind.

Wow.
I wonder if all the imaginary friends I had as a kid or the characters for stories that I write in my head think they exist.

I doubt they do, because our imaginations are not infinite.
So maybe they exist as far as we imagine them? I'm not sure if that sentence makes sense, but I can't figure out a better way to phrase it.

I think that's a cool idea...whether thoughts can cause entities to exist, at least so far as we imagine them, in some space. But what would happen when we die? IDK...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:25:55 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 3:17:42 AM, thett3 wrote:
Skep, Bossy, Thett, 7th, Romanii

who is the alpha

Romanii ;)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:27:04 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 3:17:42 AM, thett3 wrote:

Kill, Marry, F*ck: Me, Max, Romanii.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Godgirl
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 3:30:12 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/8/2016 3:25:11 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 3:22:13 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/8/2016 3:17:58 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 3:14:49 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/8/2016 3:01:58 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2016 2:46:13 AM, Godgirl wrote:
If I'm a figment of someone else's imagination, can I be conscious? Have thoughts and emotions?

Maybe we are all figments of God's imagination. If an imagination is infinitely complex, why could it not create a world as multi-dimensional and deep as the one we purport to inhabit? I and all my emotions and thoughts could be imagined in such a mind.

Wow.
I wonder if all the imaginary friends I had as a kid or the characters for stories that I write in my head think they exist.

I doubt they do, because our imaginations are not infinite.
So maybe they exist as far as we imagine them? I'm not sure if that sentence makes sense, but I can't figure out a better way to phrase it.

I think that's a cool idea...whether thoughts can cause entities to exist, at least so far as we imagine them, in some space. But what would happen when we die? IDK...

Probably they would also die. But it's possible that they would continue to exist (or sort of exist) just because they were thought of once. Hmm . . .