Jump to topic:

4,000 Posts AMA

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 7:52:20 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Looks like there's been a lot of milestones recently :D I haven't made one of these in a while, so go for it. I reserve the right not to answer though.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:12:48 PM
At 10/9/2016 7:52:20 AM, Sapphique wrote:
Looks like there's been a lot of milestones recently :D I haven't made one of these in a while, so go for it. I reserve the right not to answer though.

Honest opinion.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:20:16 PM

Honest Opinion?

When will you be not sick?

Which do you prefer? Sprite or Sprite Zero?

Will you scratch me behind the ears because I'm a good Vaarka?
(not in a weird way, think of it more as if I were a good dog and you were scratching said dog behind the ear)

Will you play osu! with me?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:29:44 PM
At 10/9/2016 6:12:48 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Honest opinion.
I like you well enough, and I tend to read your posts when I come across them in the forums randomly, and I also wish we talked more. But I've been busy with school and then I got sick, so :/
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:33:59 PM
At 10/9/2016 6:29:44 PM, Sapphique wrote:

Honest opinion.
I like you well enough, and I tend to read your posts when I come across them in the forums randomly, and I also wish we talked more. But I've been busy with school and then I got sick, so :/

What was airmax's worst moderation decision?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:35:16 PM
At 10/9/2016 6:20:16 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Honest Opinion?
You're one of my favorite people here. I appreciate all the time that you've put in with helping me run the beginner's series, and I agree with the Momo analogy that Bsh makes XD I love that you're so bright and fluffy and random. Never change, Vaar ^.^
I have no idea. I feel much better than yesterday but I'm like cramming to finish my schoolwork now.
Sprite.
(not in a weird way, think of it more as if I were a good dog and you were scratching said dog behind the ear)
Aww <3 *scratches and belly rubs too because why not*
I don't think I can click fast enough D: But when I have time (idk when that will be tbh) then sure...do I need to download it or is it just online?

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:35:46 PM
At 10/9/2016 6:33:59 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Honest opinion.

I don't feel like I know enough to answer that.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:40:57 PM
At 10/9/2016 6:35:16 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:20:16 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Honest Opinion?
You're one of my favorite people here. I appreciate all the time that you've put in with helping me run the beginner's series, and I agree with the Momo analogy that Bsh makes XD I love that you're so bright and fluffy and random. Never change, Vaar ^.^
<3
I have no idea. I feel much better than yesterday but I'm like cramming to finish my schoolwork now.
ik that feeling...
Sprite.
*beams with pride*
Aww <3 *scratches and belly rubs too because why not*
*kicks leg happily*
I don't think I can click fast enough D: But when I have time (idk when that will be tbh) then sure...do I need to download it or is it just online?
Wow...you'd actually play with me? =D

It's a download game, but it's free
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:41:14 PM
At 10/9/2016 6:33:59 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Honest opinion.

Becoming moderator

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 3:00:49 AM

Are you a furry?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 4:16:43 AM
At 10/10/2016 3:00:49 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Are you a furry?
I don't think so.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 4:17:34 AM
At 10/9/2016 6:40:57 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Mhm.
Might not have time until summer though...

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 4:50:41 AM
At 10/10/2016 4:16:43 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 10/10/2016 3:00:49 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Are you a furry?
I don't think so.

Favorite song?

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 5:03:20 AM
At 10/10/2016 4:50:41 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Favorite song?
Varies depending on how I'm feeling, what's come out recently, and other factors. Right now it's Lie, by Jimin of BTS, and also Debussy's Violin Sonata because classical is always great.
https://www.youtube.com...

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 5:03:41 AM
At 10/10/2016 5:03:20 AM, Sapphique wrote:
Favorite song?
Varies depending on how I'm feeling, what's come out recently, and other factors. Right now it's Lie, by Jimin of BTS, and also Debussy's Violin Sonata because classical is always great.

Favorite YouTuber?

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 5:10:11 AM
At 10/10/2016 5:03:41 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Favorite song?

Favorite YouTuber?
My primary use for youtube is to listen to music, but...Nigahiga. I like his creativity, his style of humor, and his positive messages. I also appreciate the way his videos aren't liberally dosed with curse words like so many people do these days.

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 9:50:43 AM

Congrats on that!

Do you think capital punishment--in the context of where you live in (I presume that's the United States)--should exist?

Which presidential candidate do you think should win?

If you were to run for president, what would your platform look like?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years, and 15 years?

What is your opinion of Bernie Sanders?

What are your main subjects of interest, when it comes to discussing it with someone else?

If you had the time to debate something on this site, what would the topic be?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 1:57:00 PM
At 10/10/2016 5:10:11 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 10/10/2016 5:03:41 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Favorite song?

Favorite YouTuber?
My primary use for youtube is to listen to music, but...Nigahiga. I like his creativity, his style of humor, and his positive messages. I also appreciate the way his videos aren't liberally dosed with curse words like so many people do these days.

Most embarrassing DDO moment.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 2:58:50 AM
At 10/10/2016 9:50:43 AM, tejretics wrote:

Congrats on that!
Thanks!
Do you think capital punishment--in the context of where you live in (I presume that's the United States)--should exist?
Yeah, I live in the US. I don't think capital punishment should exist...I'd prefer life imprisonment for those people. I know logistically our prisons are overcrowded already, but to me it's not worth the chance of taking an innocent life.
Which presidential candidate do you think should win?
Between the two, Hillary Clinton. If we still had a choice, then Bernie Sanders.
If you were to run for president, what would your platform look like?
I don't ever want to be president tbh...so I haven't thought about this much and frankly I have no idea, lol.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years, and 15 years?
5 years: with a bachelor's degree in music and computer science/engineering. 10 years: with a master's degree probably also in computer science/engineering if it turns out I like it, a stable job, hopefully married. 15 years: same as before, also perhaps raising a kid or two. I'd like to have a pet in the house too, either a small/medium dog, cat, or some variety of parakeet/parrot.
What is your opinion of Bernie Sanders?
I like him. I wish he were the democratic nominee instead of Hillary Clinton.
What are your main subjects of interest, when it comes to discussing it with someone else?
You mean in general what I like to talk about with people? Music and books primarily. School still dominates a lot of my life right now, so I'll also talk math and history and physics etc with my friends.
If you had the time to debate something on this site, what would the topic be?
I'd like to do a music battle, similar to the one Missmozart and Diqiu did not long ago--I think it'd be cool to share some of my music since hopefully by that time I'll have polished up the pieces I've been working on.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 3:00:08 AM
At 10/10/2016 1:57:00 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Most embarrassing DDO moment.
Heh...that time I was still new at modding, and I was co-modding with Bsh, and I posted the endgame, forgetting that the game can't end while there's still a TP in the picture.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 3:13:33 AM
At 10/10/2016 5:36:00 AM, Hayd wrote:
Tell me a funny story. Preferably that you went through or a friend went through or something, not an internet thing.
I actually can't think of something incredibly funny off the top of my head, so I'll tell you something sorta funny that happened in my music class today. We were discussing the history of the trombone after a kid performed a piece on trombone, and the teacher asked if anyone remembered what the predecessor of the trombone was. And most of us had forgotten, but this one kid's hand shot straight up and he was like, "Was it the buttsack?" And we all died laughing because it's actually the sackbut and he just reversed the spelling a little by accident, making it 10 times funnier, and yeah the teacher facepalmed but also laughed.

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 3:50:04 AM
At 10/11/2016 3:13:33 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 10/10/2016 5:36:00 AM, Hayd wrote:
Tell me a funny story. Preferably that you went through or a friend went through or something, not an internet thing.
I actually can't think of something incredibly funny off the top of my head, so I'll tell you something sorta funny that happened in my music class today. We were discussing the history of the trombone after a kid performed a piece on trombone, and the teacher asked if anyone remembered what the predecessor of the trombone was. And most of us had forgotten, but this one kid's hand shot straight up and he was like, "Was it the buttsack?" And we all died laughing because it's actually the sackbut and he just reversed the spelling a little by accident, making it 10 times funnier, and yeah the teacher facepalmed but also laughed.

Lol, thats awesome
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:27:09 AM
Du hast "danke" gesagt in meinem Forumsbeitrag. Aber, ich habe geglaubt das du hast Franzoesisch gelernt...?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:46:18 AM
Also, what is your favorite food?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:09:54 PM
At 10/10/2016 4:17:34 AM, Sapphique wrote:
Mhm.

Summer's pretty far off... not even fall break, winter break, spring break, etc?

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 3:47:59 AM
At 10/11/2016 1:09:54 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/10/2016 4:17:34 AM, Sapphique wrote:
Mhm.

Summer's pretty far off... not even fall break, winter break, spring break, etc?
I don't get a fall break, winter break will be spent finalizing my regular decision applications, and spring break will probably be spent studying for IB exams/visiting colleges again before I decide which to attend for sure.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 3:50:55 AM

What do you think are the most admirable qualities in other people?

Who has had the best impact on your life? Why?

What do you want to be when you grow up?

What are the best and worst parts about school?

If you were given the chance to set about changing one thing about the world, or the country, or your state, town, etc. what would it be, and why? How would you do it?
Tsar of DDO
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 3:52:47 AM
At 10/11/2016 4:27:09 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Du hast "danke" gesagt in meinem Forumsbeitrag. Aber, ich habe geglaubt das du hast Franzoesisch gelernt...?
Lol, I had to put that through google translate. Oui, j'ai etudie le francais :D Mais j'ai une amie qui est allemande et chinoise, donc j'ai appris queleques mots allemands d'elle.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 3:53:59 AM
At 10/11/2016 4:46:18 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Also, what is your favorite food?
Food food? Peking duck; it's delicious. Dessert food? Ice cream or dark chocolate.