Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Serious Advice Thread

Perussi
Posts: 2,830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
No trolling. Real help.
"Kids are cool, but I couldn't handle the responsibility. :/ Probably for the best if I just get an alpaca or something."
-Andromeda_Z-

DO NOT TAKE THIS LINK: http://www.debate.org...
NHN
Posts: 1,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 5:23:19 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.
No trolling. Real help. Fur srs.

Read this (http://www.debate.org...).
I am fascinated by the idea that our civilization is like a thin layer of ice upon a deep ocean of chaos and darkness.
--Werner Herzog
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 6:25:26 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
True or false,The motor neurons carry information from the central nervous system to effectors.

Steroid hormones, which include male and female sex hormones and cortisol, are made from ___________________.

The gaps between myelin sheath cells along an axon are identified as what?
DDO Discord Link:
https://discordapp.com...
Raisor
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:08:23 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/10/2016 6:25:26 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
True or false,The motor neurons carry information from the central nervous system to effectors.

Steroid hormones, which include male and female sex hormones and cortisol, are made from ___________________.


The gaps between myelin sheath cells along an axon are identified as what?

False
Proteins
Nervous degradation
We gonna pull up like the ice cream truck
Perussi
Posts: 2,830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 9:37:58 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/10/2016 5:23:19 PM, NHN wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.
No trolling. Real help. Fur srs.

Read this (http://www.debate.org...).

I don't see what is wrong with designating this thread as serious.
"Kids are cool, but I couldn't handle the responsibility. :/ Probably for the best if I just get an alpaca or something."
-Andromeda_Z-

DO NOT TAKE THIS LINK: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Posts: 10,890
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 12:18:47 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

Are you the one asking for advice or are you giving us advice for problems we bring forth to you?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCat: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Rosalie
Posts: 4,931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 12:54:21 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

Should I skip art class today? I mean, I really hate it. I've already skipped one day.
I'm back and I'm better.
Vaarka
Posts: 10,890
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 12:56:39 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/11/2016 12:54:21 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

Should I skip art class today? I mean, I really hate it. I've already skipped one day.

Why do you hate it?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCat: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Rosalie
Posts: 4,931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 12:58:47 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/11/2016 12:56:39 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/11/2016 12:54:21 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

Should I skip art class today? I mean, I really hate it. I've already skipped one day.

Why do you hate it?

Mainly the teacher. It's a 3 hour class, and all he does is talk about himself, grades our homework in front of the class, ridicules a particular male student in front of the class, and gives a fvcking speech on necessary stuff. If he doesn't like our painting he'll grab our paintbrush, and do it his way.. It's so annoying.
I'm back and I'm better.
Vaarka
Posts: 10,890
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:04:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/11/2016 12:58:47 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 10/11/2016 12:56:39 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/11/2016 12:54:21 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

Should I skip art class today? I mean, I really hate it. I've already skipped one day.

Why do you hate it?

Mainly the teacher. It's a 3 hour class, and all he does is talk about himself, grades our homework in front of the class, ridicules a particular male student in front of the class, and gives a fvcking speech on necessary stuff. If he doesn't like our painting he'll grab our paintbrush, and do it his way.. It's so annoying.

Now the first part of your reason just sounds like one of those teachers who doesn't have a sense of social decency, but if he's interfering with your work because he doesn't like it and doing it himself, then that's just someone who shouldn't be there. The point of art isn't to do it to a certain set of rules, since each person is different and makes art differently. So, in effect, he's keeping you from doing your own work and forcing you to paint/draw/art according to his rules.

In the only wise words of Trump, "Get him outta here!"
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCat: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Perussi
Posts: 2,830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:42:37 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/11/2016 12:18:47 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

Are you the one asking for advice or are you giving us advice for problems we bring forth to you?

What do you think? I haven't stated any problems.
"Kids are cool, but I couldn't handle the responsibility. :/ Probably for the best if I just get an alpaca or something."
-Andromeda_Z-

DO NOT TAKE THIS LINK: http://www.debate.org...
Perussi
Posts: 2,830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:45:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/11/2016 12:54:21 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

Should I skip art class today? I mean, I really hate it. I've already skipped one day.

Do you think it is worth the trouble to become good at art? If yes then don't skip again.

"Really sucking at something is the first steo to being kinda good a something."
-Jake the Dog-
"Kids are cool, but I couldn't handle the responsibility. :/ Probably for the best if I just get an alpaca or something."
-Andromeda_Z-

DO NOT TAKE THIS LINK: http://www.debate.org...
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:48:42 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

Alright, i'll bite. In a weeks time i'm about to do an exam that helps decided whether I am offered a place at one of the most prestigious universities in the world (Oxford). How would you suggest I stop myself from becoming a nervous wreck during the exam?
Perussi
Posts: 2,830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:54:30 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/11/2016 4:48:42 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

Alright, i'll bite. In a weeks time i'm about to do an exam that helps decided whether I am offered a place at one of the most prestigious universities in the world (Oxford). How would you suggest I stop myself from becoming a nervous wreck during the exam?

Do you know the material well?
"Kids are cool, but I couldn't handle the responsibility. :/ Probably for the best if I just get an alpaca or something."
-Andromeda_Z-

DO NOT TAKE THIS LINK: http://www.debate.org...
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:55:28 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/11/2016 4:54:30 PM, Perussi wrote:
At 10/11/2016 4:48:42 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

Alright, i'll bite. In a weeks time i'm about to do an exam that helps decided whether I am offered a place at one of the most prestigious universities in the world (Oxford). How would you suggest I stop myself from becoming a nervous wreck during the exam?

Do you know the material well?

I've done practice papers. According to what I've read I've achieved above the national average. Although this is at home, not at a test center.
Perussi
Posts: 2,830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:59:24 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/11/2016 4:55:28 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 10/11/2016 4:54:30 PM, Perussi wrote:
At 10/11/2016 4:48:42 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

Alright, i'll bite. In a weeks time i'm about to do an exam that helps decided whether I am offered a place at one of the most prestigious universities in the world (Oxford). How would you suggest I stop myself from becoming a nervous wreck during the exam?

Do you know the material well?

I've done practice papers. According to what I've read I've achieved above the national average. Although this is at home, not at a test center.

Then you shouldn't have anything at all to worry about. Believe you'll do at least FINE.
"Kids are cool, but I couldn't handle the responsibility. :/ Probably for the best if I just get an alpaca or something."
-Andromeda_Z-

DO NOT TAKE THIS LINK: http://www.debate.org...
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 1,760
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 11:02:21 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/11/2016 1:08:23 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 10/10/2016 6:25:26 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
True or false,The motor neurons carry information from the central nervous system to effectors.

Steroid hormones, which include male and female sex hormones and cortisol, are made from ___________________.


The gaps between myelin sheath cells along an axon are identified as what?

False
Proteins
Nervous degradation

Isn't the answer to the third one the Node of Ranvier?
"The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed."--Mahatma Gandhi
Vaarka
Posts: 10,890
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 3:04:37 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

How do I kindly tell the girl with autism sitting across from me to stop staring at me?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCat: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
kevin24018
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 3:13:58 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/13/2016 3:04:37 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

How do I kindly tell the girl with autism sitting across from me to stop staring at me?

verbally I guess, with words is generally how you tell anyone anything, just saying.
Vaarka
Posts: 10,890
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 3:18:13 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/13/2016 3:13:58 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 10/13/2016 3:04:37 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

How do I kindly tell the girl with autism sitting across from me to stop staring at me?

verbally I guess, with words is generally how you tell anyone anything, just saying.

Yeah, I tried that, and had to roll my pencil over to get her attention. Guess she was zoned out.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCat: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
kevin24018
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 3:21:56 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/13/2016 3:18:13 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/13/2016 3:13:58 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 10/13/2016 3:04:37 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

How do I kindly tell the girl with autism sitting across from me to stop staring at me?

verbally I guess, with words is generally how you tell anyone anything, just saying.

Yeah, I tried that, and had to roll my pencil over to get her attention. Guess she was zoned out.

hehehe get those blinders that they have for race horses so you can only see what's straight in front of you or find what she doesn't like, put a plastic spider on your face if she hates spiders.
Vaarka
Posts: 10,890
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 3:25:23 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/13/2016 3:21:56 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 10/13/2016 3:18:13 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/13/2016 3:13:58 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 10/13/2016 3:04:37 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

How do I kindly tell the girl with autism sitting across from me to stop staring at me?

verbally I guess, with words is generally how you tell anyone anything, just saying.

Yeah, I tried that, and had to roll my pencil over to get her attention. Guess she was zoned out.

hehehe get those blinders that they have for race horses so you can only see what's straight in front of you or find what she doesn't like, put a plastic spider on your face if she hates spiders.

I think I'd be the one freaking out if I had a spider on my face.

And I can't get mad at her for it, since I zone out all the time
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCat: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
kevin24018
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2016 3:30:00 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/13/2016 3:25:23 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/13/2016 3:21:56 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 10/13/2016 3:18:13 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/13/2016 3:13:58 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 10/13/2016 3:04:37 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

How do I kindly tell the girl with autism sitting across from me to stop staring at me?

verbally I guess, with words is generally how you tell anyone anything, just saying.

Yeah, I tried that, and had to roll my pencil over to get her attention. Guess she was zoned out.

hehehe get those blinders that they have for race horses so you can only see what's straight in front of you or find what she doesn't like, put a plastic spider on your face if she hates spiders.

I think I'd be the one freaking out if I had a spider on my face.

And I can't get mad at her for it, since I zone out all the time

so if she isn't paying attention in class, maybe get her a puzzle book or something else she can focus on and occupy her time, those adult coloring books are pretty cool
Perussi
Posts: 2,830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 4:48:31 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/13/2016 3:04:37 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

How do I kindly tell the girl with autism sitting across from me to stop staring at me?

Have you gone to the teacher?

Maybe ask if she knows that she is staring at you. Then just ask her not to in a sweet and calm voice.
"Kids are cool, but I couldn't handle the responsibility. :/ Probably for the best if I just get an alpaca or something."
-Andromeda_Z-

DO NOT TAKE THIS LINK: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Posts: 10,890
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 1:39:44 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/14/2016 4:48:31 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 10/13/2016 3:04:37 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

How do I kindly tell the girl with autism sitting across from me to stop staring at me?

Have you gone to the teacher?
It wasn't something that I'd go to the teacher about.

Maybe ask if she knows that she is staring at you. Then just ask her not to in a sweet and calm voice.
Tried that, got her attention, successful.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCat: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Opsianos
Posts: 1,407
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 12:26:55 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/14/2016 1:39:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/14/2016 4:48:31 AM, Perussi wrote:
Maybe ask if she knows that she is staring at you. Then just ask her not to in a sweet and calm voice.
Tried that, got her attention, successful.

This guy's a certified psychiatrist.
"Only those who have seen death's face can appreciate life to the fullest." -Anonymous

Have no regrets.

Vote on this Music Challenge: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Posts: 10,890
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 2:30:52 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/15/2016 12:26:55 AM, Opsianos wrote:
At 10/14/2016 1:39:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/14/2016 4:48:31 AM, Perussi wrote:
Maybe ask if she knows that she is staring at you. Then just ask her not to in a sweet and calm voice.
Tried that, got her attention, successful.

This guy's a certified psychiatrist.

*fans self with shirt* oyehman

Also, I FC'd In The Garden, but my wifi is being a dingdong, so I can't play online (wouldn't've mattered anyway b/c the map is unranked)
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCat: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
mc9
Posts: 1,755
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 4:02:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/11/2016 12:58:47 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 10/11/2016 12:56:39 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/11/2016 12:54:21 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 10/10/2016 11:57:05 AM, Perussi wrote:
No trolling. Real help.

Should I skip art class today? I mean, I really hate it. I've already skipped one day.

Why do you hate it?

Mainly the teacher. It's a 3 hour class, and all he does is talk about himself, grades our homework in front of the class, ridicules a particular male student in front of the class, and gives a fvcking speech on necessary stuff. If he doesn't like our painting he'll grab our paintbrush, and do it his way.. It's so annoying.

Still pry better to go than skip it, if he's harassing anyone you may have grounds for a complaint.