Jump to topic:

Bored

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:13:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's late, I am depressed, I don't have any friends or rather any friends that are nearby (actually the first bit is true), I am tired, but I don't, want to sleep, I am bored of the xbox, I can't be arsed to read, can't be arsed to write, cant be arsed to watch a film. Feh.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:15:07 PM
At 1/16/2011 4:13:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
It's late, I am depressed, I don't have any friends or rather any friends that are nearby (actually the first bit is true), I am tired, but I don't, want to sleep, I am bored of the xbox, I can't be arsed to read, can't be arsed to write, cant be arsed to watch a film. Feh.

Well, there's always... you know what. Probably already done that though huh?
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:17:29 PM
Weed?

Or debating. There's a list of resolutions I'm interested in on my profile, if you're interested. (I'd really like to find someone to do a free trade debate with. I remember you posted something about protectionism a bit ago, are you a protectionist?)
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:17:44 PM
At 1/16/2011 4:15:07 PM, innomen wrote:

Drugs?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:18:01 PM

Yea... that only killed five minutes.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:18:12 PM
At 1/16/2011 4:17:29 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
Weed?

Or debating. There's a list of resolutions I'm interested in on my profile, if you're interested. (I'd really like to find someone to do a free trade debate with. I remember you posted something about protectionism a bit ago, are you a protectionist?)

My idea is better.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:20:58 PM
At 1/16/2011 4:17:29 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
Weed?

I don't have any, and I don't really approve of it. I am odd like that.

I have no energy to do anything right now, but at some point in the future perhaps. I am a protectionist, but I am probably only one because I have not researched enough to justify having an opinion. Protectionism just makes sense to me, and would be my instinctive policy. But yea, at some point that would be good.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:21:48 PM
At 1/16/2011 4:17:44 PM, lovelife wrote:

Drugs?

Oh bless you!
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:24:36 PM
At 1/16/2011 4:17:44 PM, lovelife wrote:

Drugs?

Yeah. drugs and depression go together so well.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:25:16 PM

So when you are sitting all bored, what are you thinking about?
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:25:53 PM

Your best bet is going to a local haunt and getting tipsy enough to numb without getting sh*tfaced enough to embarrass yourself or let out how you really feel (one in the same, really).

Drugs, I figure, would be pursuant of numbing, anyway.

But, the point is that you need to place yourself in a situation that you can be numbed (so you forget), in a place that's social (keep you from remembering), that you cannot control (so that you don't get bored).

Best luck and wishes, dude.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:32:10 PM

1. Don't do drugs or drink any alcohol if your depression is something you are worrying about since they are natural depressants and you wouldn't want to... Well, commit suicide. Yes, in small amounts it would be okay but when you are upset, it's hard to restrict the amounts you drink/smoke.

2. Is there anyone you could talk to via phone? Anyone that could come to you and visit?

3. Listen to music -- it helps. I'd recommend "Feel So Numb" by Rob Zombie.

4. To help get through tonight, I'd think about doing something tomorrow. Something that will get you out of the house and you will look forward to -- anything that interests you. By having something planned for tomorrow, it gives assurance of a better day.

5. <cyber hug> I'm sorry. :(
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:33:25 PM
Or, we could dissect what happened, and you could spill your guts to us. Since right now we're all you got. Or you could be typically English and do that stiff upper lip thing.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:36:51 PM
Sh!t.... I've become an attention whore!
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:39:26 PM
At 1/16/2011 4:36:51 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

That is the least of your concerns right now.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:39:49 PM

No, that title still goes to lovelife.

Now, if you start this kind of thread every day for about two months, then you'll be there. lol.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:43:50 PM
Yeah, you're entitled. We'll be the first to stop you and tell you you're an attention whore. Besides, this would be more interesting than most others.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:46:53 PM
Well thanks everyone!

I will be alright, just in a bit of a limbo state. I'll stiffen my lip, and look to the future.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:49:59 PM
At 1/16/2011 4:46:53 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Well thanks everyone!

I will be alright, just in a bit of a limbo state. I'll stiffen my lip, and look to the future.

Well, we got your back. Hang in there -- hopefully it'll get better soon. PM me if you need to talk! :)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:56:17 PM
It's late, I am depressed, I don't have any friends or rather any friends that are nearby (actually the first bit is true), I am tired, but I don't, want to sleep, I am bored of the xbox, I can't be arsed to read, can't be arsed to write, cant be arsed to watch a film. Feh.;

Why are you so depressed, bud? Is it clinical or is circumstantial?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 4:59:14 PM
At 1/16/2011 4:56:17 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
It's late, I am depressed, I don't have any friends or rather any friends that are nearby (actually the first bit is true), I am tired, but I don't, want to sleep, I am bored of the xbox, I can't be arsed to read, can't be arsed to write, cant be arsed to watch a film. Feh.;

He got dumped. Pretty tragic actually, they were gonna get married.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 5:00:13 PM

It's mostly circumstantial, so it's survivable.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 5:07:26 PM
At 1/16/2011 4:59:14 PM, innomen wrote:

He got dumped. Pretty tragic actually, they were gonna get married.:

C_N, you wanna talk about what happened? I understand if that's too personal, but I think you have an entire audience of non-judgmental listeners who only have your best interests in mind.

If you need a shoulder to lean on, we're only a keyboard click away. Might be cathartic for you.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 5:08:31 PM
At 1/16/2011 5:07:26 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

C_N, you wanna talk about what happened? I understand if that's too personal, but I think you have an entire audience of non-judgmental listeners who only have your best interests in mind.

If you need a shoulder to lean on, we're only a keyboard click away. Might be cathartic for you.

Exactly.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 5:09:48 PM
At 1/16/2011 4:39:49 PM, OreEle wrote:

Mind explaining why?

And anyway about the gf thing, damn wtf is up with that?
Eat fried chicken with honey it helps.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 5:12:58 PM
At 1/16/2011 5:07:26 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

I do actually really appreciate that, I won't go into details though, but I truly appreciate the offer.

This thread was not meant to turn out quite so melodramatic, but thanks to everyone!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 5:14:36 PM
At 1/16/2011 5:09:48 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 1/16/2011 4:39:49 PM, OreEle wrote:

Mind explaining why?

And anyway about the gf thing, damn wtf is up with that?
Eat fried chicken with honey it helps.

Honey eww? Don't you go pouring that filth on my moist tender nuggets.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 5:20:29 PM
I do actually really appreciate that, I won't go into details though, but I truly appreciate the offer.

This thread was not meant to turn out quite so melodramatic, but thanks to everyone!:

I think you're the last person I would ever call melodramatic or an attention whore. Whatever the case, you have the floor if you'd like to have a chat. And if it's very personal, you know you can always PM people you feel that you can trust.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 5:48:20 PM
http://www.explosm.net...
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 5:54:21 PM
I recommend a 32 oz beer or exercise with some music.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat