Jump to topic:

SCENARIO: You are a Prisoner

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 2:44:25 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Okay, imagine that for some crime you've been sentenced to 35 years in prison.
A month after you arrive in prison, you are contacted by a CIA agent, who wants to make a deal with you. The deal is this: You consent to a series of highly dangerous experiments. A test would be administered every Sunday afternoon. For every test that you participate in and survive, you get one year taken off of your sentence. You get to choose when to not participate any further, and if you do, all the tests that you've already gone through and survived will still count as years taken off your sentence.

Would you participate? If so, how many tests would you submit to before stopping (assuming you survived that long)?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 3:09:05 AM
At 10/15/2016 2:44:25 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
A month after you arrive in prison, you are contacted by a CIA agent, who wants to make a deal with you. The deal is this: You consent to a series of highly dangerous experiments. A test would be administered every Sunday afternoon. For every test that you participate in and survive, you get one year taken off of your sentence. You get to choose when to not participate any further, and if you do, all the tests that you've already gone through and survived will still count as years taken off your sentence.

Would you participate? If so, how many tests would you submit to before stopping (assuming you survived that long)?

What kind of tests?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 3:17:03 AM
At 10/15/2016 3:09:05 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

What kind of tests?

Tests to see if certain drugs are safe at certain dosages, tests to see how alcohol in the bloodstream affects certain drugs, etc.

The DDO Blog:

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 3:19:37 AM
At 10/15/2016 3:17:03 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 10/15/2016 3:09:05 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

What kind of tests?

Tests to see if certain drugs are safe at certain dosages, tests to see how alcohol in the bloodstream affects certain drugs, etc.

Keep doing them until I die.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 3:24:09 AM
Personally, I'd keep doing it until my sentence was bearably small. Then I'd stop, since a fatal accident could destroy all my gains.

The DDO Blog:

Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 2:15:10 PM

WARNING WARNING.
Suplying a answer to this question will give an observer a picture of you.
Like you would not believe.
I suspect foul play and I don't like it.
Or its a question to think about the cruelties animals are put through in laboratories.
They can't consent , they have been put in a jail, and they undergo tests.
The broadness of your question/scenario the non straightforwardness. Screams this out.
If the milks sour . I ain't the kind of pussyy to drink it. So my answer is.

I wouldn't be in jail because I don't break no laws. If I was I would do my time because I don't and have never done drugs ever. Thanks.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 2:19:04 PM
At 10/15/2016 2:15:10 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

WARNING WARNING.
Or its a question to think about the cruelties animals are put through in laboratories.
The broadness of your question/scenario the non straightforwardness. Screams this out.

I wouldn't be in jail because I don't break no laws. If I was I would do my time because I don't and have never done drugs ever. Thanks.

No, this isn't a secret plot to psychologically evaluate everyone who gives an answer.
So you wouldn't submit to any tests?

The DDO Blog:

MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 9:03:37 PM
It sounds like there might be some LSD involved in these experiments. Sign me up. I'm not actually in prison, but maybe we can prorate my nest egg of freedom for when the groovy psychosis kicks in a murderous rampage.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:29:53 PM
At 10/15/2016 2:15:10 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

WARNING WARNING.

Yes you do break laws, especially if you're an American. read the book "3 felonies a day"