Jump to topic:

20 some odd thousand posts AMA

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 12:14:04 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
I'm bored and also left for the while in hopes it would help some of the drama I created around here die down, so maybe people may have some questions for me. Ask me anything, but since people like to talk about themselves, and BSH1 has inspired me, I'll ask one question to each person who asks me one.

I'm an open book, I'll answer anything so long as it doesn't put my safety at risk or it doesn't force me to harm another person's reputation
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 12:48:55 AM
At 10/16/2016 12:46:21 AM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/16/2016 12:14:04 AM, Wylted wrote:

Why?

Let's rehash.

"I'm bored .............. maybe people may have some questions for me."

How did you come up with your user name?
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 12:52:35 AM
At 10/16/2016 12:48:55 AM, Wylted wrote:

Why?

Let's rehash.

I wasn't asking you why you made the AM A, just why in general. It was supposed to be philosophical.
Based off this song: https://m.youtube.com...
And because I was a Christian at the time that I made the account.
I'm agnostic now, so my username kind of annoys me.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 1:23:29 AM
At 10/16/2016 12:52:35 AM, Godgirl wrote:

Why?

Let's rehash.

I wasn't asking you why you made the AM A, just why in general. It was supposed to be philosophical.

You failed, but if you want to know the meaning of life, it is "Do What Though WIlt"

Are you under the impression that you cannot be agnostic and Christian at the same time?
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 1:28:50 AM
At 10/16/2016 1:23:29 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/16/2016 12:52:35 AM, Godgirl wrote:

Why?

Let's rehash.

You failed, but if you want to know the meaning of life, it is "Do What Though WIlt"

Are you under the impression that you cannot be agnostic and Christian at the same time?

Yes?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 1:38:59 AM
At 10/16/2016 1:28:50 AM, Godgirl wrote:

Yes?

Agnostic is a philosophical stance that one cannot know whether God exists or not. It is not a statement of whether you believe or not. There are agnostic Christians and agnostic atheists.

It is also important to know that there is no in between thing from atheist and theist. You are one or the other. If you believe in God you are a theist. If you do not believe or are indifferent to it, you would be considered an atheist. I find that most people misuse the word agnostic, to differentiate themselves from strong atheists, but it is neither necessary nor accurate.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 1:44:28 AM
At 10/16/2016 1:38:59 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/16/2016 1:28:50 AM, Godgirl wrote:

Yes?

Agnostic is a philosophical stance that one cannot know whether God exists or not. It is not a statement of whether you believe or not. There are agnostic Christians and agnostic atheists.

It is also important to know that there is no in between thing from atheist and theist. You are one or the other. If you believe in God you are a theist. If you do not believe or are indifferent to it, you would be considered an atheist. I find that most people misuse the word agnostic, to differentiate themselves from strong atheists, but it is neither necessary nor accurate.

Oxygen Potassium.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 3:18:44 PM
I'm bored and also left for the while in hopes it would help some of the drama I created around here die down, so maybe people may have some questions for me. Ask me anything, but since people like to talk about themselves, and BSH1 has inspired me, I'll ask one question to each person who asks me one.

I'm an open book, I'll answer anything so long as it doesn't put my safety at risk or it doesn't force me to harm another person's reputation

Honest Opinion

Sprite or Sprite Zero?

Are you double-jointed?

Right or Left?

Hogwarts house?

Will you play osu! with me?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:28:23 PM
At 10/17/2016 3:18:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Honest Opinion

13 yr old blak kid pretending to be white.

Sprite or Sprite Zero?

sprite, why try to fool yourself into thinking you are making a healthy choice?

Are you double-jointed?

No such thing, but I can bend my thumb and my legs all the way back.

Right or Left?

right

Hogwarts house?

pedohile

Maybe, depends on what that is
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 5:39:11 PM
At 10/17/2016 4:28:23 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/17/2016 3:18:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Honest Opinion

17 and white, but close enough

Sprite or Sprite Zero?

Heck yeah

Are you double-jointed?

W E W L A D

Right or Left?

right
left

Hogwarts house?

pedohile

It's a game.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 8:19:52 PM

So you want to be black? same thing

Sprite or Sprite Zero?

Heck yeah

Are you double-jointed?

W E W L A D

Right or Left?

right
left

Then stay the fvck out of America. We are pro freedom here

Hogwarts house?

pedohile

It's a game.

Ok cool, I'm down
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 8:20:42 PM
At 10/17/2016 6:08:44 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:

Corny, but how's life?

It would be better if everyone were dead, that way there would be no more pain
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:56:51 PM
At 10/17/2016 8:19:52 PM, Wylted wrote:

So you want to be black? same thing

Sprite or Sprite Zero?

Heck yeah

Are you double-jointed?

W E W L A D

Right or Left?

right
left

Then stay the fvck out of America. We are pro freedom here
If you knew me, you'd know I didn't say that in a political sense. Hell, I don't even know which wing is which in the political world.

Hogwarts house?

pedohile

It's a game.

Ok cool, I'm down

Sweet

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:59:24 PM
If you knew me, you'd know I didn't say that in a political sense. Hell, I don't even know which wing is which in the political world.

The correct wing is the right wing. It stands for personal responsiblity, and the left wing stands for a nanny state such as one from the novel 1984
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 12:53:03 AM

HO
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 1:16:54 AM
At 10/18/2016 12:53:03 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

HO

You are my favorite member, before you it was Zarroette and for similar reasons. You are extremely bright and I hope you have clear direction in life or find it soon. I would like to see you befriend people who have a hard time making friends at school, so you can mold them into good paleo conservatives. I would also like to see you tone down your rhetoric in pubic, so you have an easier time entering politics later. When you do go into politics later, I recommend pretending to be a moderate, and work on shifting the overton window.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 1:21:32 AM
At 10/18/2016 1:16:54 AM, Wylted wrote:

HO

You are my favorite member, before you it was Zarroette and for similar reasons. You are extremely bright and I hope you have clear direction in life or find it soon. I would like to see you befriend people who have a hard time making friends at school, so you can mold them into good paleo conservatives. I would also like to see you tone down your rhetoric in pubic, so you have an easier time entering politics later. When you do go into politics later, I recommend pretending to be a moderate, and work on shifting the overton window.

<3
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 2:47:47 AM
What drama did you create?

How old is too old to have children?

Under what circumstances, if any, would it be a good idea to commit suicide?

What is best in life?

What do you do for a living?

Are you married?

Do you have any kids?

How many brothers and sisters do you have?

Are they younger or older?

Are you parents still alive?

How often do you see them?

What's your favourite meal?

Can you cook?

What kind of stuff do you read?

What kind of movies do you like?

Do you play Pokemon Go?

If so, what team are you on?

Cats or dogs?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:16:28 AM
At 10/18/2016 2:47:47 AM, philochristos wrote:

Just people not liking how I won the election and some fall out from that

How old is too old to have children?

For males I would say 40 should be a cut off, because of the increased risk of autism, but if you freeze your sperm before that, then whatever age you feel like.

If you have accomplished all you want to accomplish in life and feel you have nothing left to give, and if it is a rational unemotional decision.

What is best in life?

Self discovery. It's a painful process, but it makes you a better person.

What do you do for a living?

I stow stuff at Amazon

Are you married?

No, working on it but the relationship is a little rocky right now, probably from me doing a bunch of stupid stuff due to an extremely premature midlife crisis.

Do you have any kids?

2 of them an 11 month old and a 14 year old. Unfortunately I have not been in contact with the 14 year old in a while.

How many brothers and sisters do you have?

1 brother and 1 sister

Are they younger or older?

Younger, and as an interesting side note, I was emancipated and gained custody of my siblings at age 16.

Are you parents still alive?

My mother is, my father is dead.

How often do you see them?

Dad, only in my dreams and rarely. I see my mother even less. I should really call her from time to time, but I don't feel much attachment.

What's your favourite meal?

Pizza rolls. I blame them 100% for why I am not at my ideal weight.

Can you cook?

I am trying to teach myself. I bought that cookbook "how to cook everything", and it is a good guideline for catching me up to where a normal person should be.

Only non fiction and I bury my head into whatever subject I am into at the moment. For example I borrowed the top 20 selling books on energy policy and read them in a few weeks time. I also like true crime, books on poker by twoplustwo publishing, light philosophy, politics, self help books and political satire. If I do read fiction it is usually teen fiction, but I did read that one stephen King book recently entitle 1967 (or close to that), dam good book by the way, it made me feel like I was actually in the 60s. As a kid my favorite books were the Phantom Tollbooth and The lion the witch and the wardrobe, though I preferred non fiction then also and mostly read books on astronomy and dinosaurs. My childhood dream was to be an astronomer. Well that and Joe Montana.

What kind of movies do you like?

I was in the movie Hudsucker Proxy, but I like cerebral stuff that has several layers for example momento, and the matrix. Some random favorites include dark city, man in the iron mask, poor white trash, I used to watch office space on a daily basis for about 2 years straight, rounders, poolhall junkies, the color of money, I really want to see Suicide Squad but haven't had a chance lately

Do you play Pokemon Go?

No, and in fact it is the reason I stopped jogging. I am overly paranoid and the park I jog kept having people drive by me really slow at 4am in the morning, playing it and it freaked me out

If so, what team are you on?

Cats or dogs?

Dogs, I am about the usefulness of things, and they serve the dual purpose of companion and protector, cats barely qualify as a companion. Unfortunately the fiance is a cat lady so we have 5 cats and no dogs.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:34:37 AM

HO

Or instead of befriending people for manipulating their political beliefs, it could be to be just to be friends with people who are struggling.
Meh!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:44:07 AM
At 10/18/2016 4:34:37 AM, Axonly wrote:

HO

Or instead of befriending people for manipulating their political beliefs, it could be to be just to be friends with people who are struggling.

It's okay to be friends with people who are struggling, so long as you aren't being friends merely because they are struggling.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:47:50 AM
At 10/18/2016 4:16:28 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/18/2016 2:47:47 AM, philochristos wrote:

Just people not liking how I won the election and some fall out from that

How did you win it?

If you have accomplished all you want to accomplish in life and feel you have nothing left to give, and if it is a rational unemotional decision.

Do you think a decision like that could ever be unemotional?

What is best in life?

Self discovery. It's a painful process, but it makes you a better person.

What does "self discovery" mean? Aren't we always changing?

Younger, and as an interesting side note, I was emancipated and gained custody of my siblings at age 16.

Wow.

My childhood dream was to be an astronomer.

Me, too!

Do you play Pokemon Go?

No, and in fact it is the reason I stopped jogging. I am overly paranoid and the park I jog kept having people drive by me really slow at 4am in the morning, playing it and it freaked me out

Hmm. I hadn't thought about whether I was freaking anybody out. Sorry about that.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:48:49 AM
At 10/18/2016 4:44:07 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/18/2016 4:34:37 AM, Axonly wrote:

HO

It's okay to be friends with people who are struggling, so long as you aren't being friends merely because they are struggling.

Worse still for the purpose of manipulating their political beliefs.

Seriously, taking advantage of people like that is a terrible thing to do.
Meh!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:58:57 AM
How did you win it?

I did not campaign and secretly PMed people behind the scenes on the day of election.

Do you think a decision like that could ever be unemotional?

Yes, but not for whiny 19 year olds. For a 95 year old guy who has accomplished a lot in his life and has nothing left to give, it can be. Maybe there are some teenagers reading this thinking they have accomplished a lot and this applies to them, but it doesn't. I'm talking about a lifetime of achievement and if you are not the former president of the United States, an Astronaut or a Doctor who has discovered the cure for cancer, it likely does not apply to you.

What does "self discovery" mean? Aren't we always changing?

I guess but finding out what drives you, when it is hidden can help. For example recently I found a pattern in my life. I keep ending up in codependent relationships, at first I was the helper, but something must have clicked where I defined relationships that way subconsciously and did not like being the one walked on to I switched to the other role in a codependent relationship. Now that I have identified this, I can stop being an idiot in that regard

Wow.

Yeah, it is impressive, but now I feel guilty because I think I did a bad job raising them. My brother is prone to outbursts and a jerk, and my sister has joined a cult.

Me, too!

Sweet, I can never do it now, it seems too boring.

Hmm. I hadn't thought about whether I was freaking anybody out. Sorry about that.

Most of the time you probably aren't, but I seem to display a lot of symptoms of PTSD, and can't really figure out why. I have never been in a warzone so it seems inexcuable to me. I was in a black school in an area with a lot of racial tension, so maybe from then, maybe from my abusive father. I have no clue where it came from.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 5:01:58 AM
At 10/18/2016 4:58:57 AM, Wylted wrote:

Most of the time you probably aren't, but I seem to display a lot of symptoms of PTSD, and can't really figure out why. I have never been in a warzone so it seems inexcuable to me. I was in a black school in an area with a lot of racial tension, so maybe from then, maybe from my abusive father. I have no clue where it came from.

The older I get, the less safe I feel when I'm out walking. Maybe it's age.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 5:02:07 AM

Not really. If you instill the correct beliefs you are making the world a better place.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 5:04:10 AM
At 10/18/2016 5:01:58 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 10/18/2016 4:58:57 AM, Wylted wrote:

The older I get, the less safe I feel when I'm out walking. Maybe it's age.

Maybe
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 5:09:16 AM
At 10/18/2016 5:02:07 AM, Wylted wrote:

Not really. If you instill the correct beliefs you are making the world a better place.

So it's OK to manipulate others because your beliefs are right?
Meh!