Jump to topic:

Help me be loyal

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 4:28:41 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
I've been with my girlfriend for 5 months. I'm happy with her, she's a good girl, though she's pretty clingy sometimes. I have no problems with her. The problem is me.

There is this one girl, who so happens to also be my close friend and my girlfriend's best friend, that temps me. She already has a boyfriend, but I know they'll break up sooner or later because her boyfriend is also my close friend, so from knowing both of them, I know their situation is not good.

We have a lot in common. We like the same books, movies, music, humor, share the same beliefs, and more importantly we have similar personalities. Also, she's really pretty too. I sometimes get this thoughts about being with her, either being her boyfriend or a fvck buddy, and I have a good feeling I can achieve it if I tried, but i hate it. I hate the idea of me cheating, especially since there is nothing bad about my girlfriend.

Right now, my situation is stable, though my girlfriend sometimes gets mad and jealous whenever I talk to this girl. But I couldn't help it. I like talking to her.

I still love my girlfriend, I really do. So I'm asking for advice on what to do.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 4:42:26 PM
At 10/16/2016 4:28:41 PM, XLAV wrote:
I've been with my girlfriend for 5 months. I'm happy with her, she's a good girl, though she's pretty clingy sometimes. I have no problems with her. The problem is me.

There is this one girl, who so happens to also be my close friend and my girlfriend's best friend, that temps me. She already has a boyfriend, but I know they'll break up sooner or later because her boyfriend is also my close friend, so from knowing both of them, I know their situation is not good.

We have a lot in common. We like the same books, movies, music, humor, share the same beliefs, and more importantly we have similar personalities. Also, she's really pretty too. I sometimes get this thoughts about being with her, either being her boyfriend or a fvck buddy, and I have a good feeling I can achieve it if I tried, but i hate it. I hate the idea of me cheating, especially since there is nothing bad about my girlfriend.

Right now, my situation is stable, though my girlfriend sometimes gets mad and jealous whenever I talk to this girl. But I couldn't help it. I like talking to her.

I still love my girlfriend, I really do. So I'm asking for advice on what to do.

If you really love your girlfriend I don't think you would have these thoughts. Just being blunt, if you are thinking about this friend of yours a lot I would take a break with your girlfriend and see how things go. If you guys have a good relationship the way you say, she will probably take you back if your feelings change about your friend. But its not worth hurting her if she finds out about a potential fling while in a relationship.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 4:49:22 PM

I think any relationship or marriage will have times when you will be seriously tempted to be unfaithful. Have you ever had these temptations in the past?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:00:39 PM

Dude if you love your gf there is no choice. There will always be temptation.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:17:05 PM
To me loyalty comes naturally if you actually 'love' someone...you need to differentiate whether you simply *like* your girlfriend or have actual feelings of love; which at 18 is a little uncommon.

Loving someone also involves be committed to them and...if you're thinking of f**king someone else, then you probably shouldn't be in the relationship. You need to establish you prefer (your GF or friend) and then go from there, but cheating is never the answer and only make her more clingy in the long-term.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:18:21 PM
*and will
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:23:15 PM

I advice checking out this blog post on marriage fidelity. The posts here on "if you love her then..." are extremely naive and divorced from reality. In summary; acknowledge that very few people enter long term relationships with any intention of being unfaithful, yet an enormous fraction of them do exactly that. So you need to recognise the kind of things that will contribute to that happening, and not hide behind this "if you really loved her then you wouldn't:.." Smokescreen.

http://www.theaunicornist.com...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:26:47 PM
At 10/16/2016 5:23:15 PM, Envisage wrote:

I advice checking out this blog post on marriage fidelity. The posts here on "if you love her then..." are extremely naive and divorced from reality. In summary; acknowledge that very few people enter long term relationships with any intention of being unfaithful, yet an enormous fraction of them do exactly that. So you need to recognise the kind of things that will contribute to that happening, and not hide behind this "if you really loved her then you wouldn't:.." Smokescreen.

Great blog post by Mike's D. I mean Mike D.

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:34:06 PM

I have to agree with TUF here. If you really love her then you wouldn't have these seemingly strong adulterous urges.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:38:06 PM
Loyalty is about treating her right and being honest that you are a womanizer. It has nothing to do with monogamy. Tell her you are too much man for her, so she has to share. If she can't handle that, she wasn't right for you anyway.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:38:33 PM
I agree with Envisage. The whole "if you really loved her, you wouldn't feel _____" is bullshit.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:40:27 PM
If anything you would be, being disloyal to your friend by fvcking his b1tch. I would never fvck my friend's hoe, unless we were tag teaming her. So just kindly ask your friend if you can help him fvck her.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:42:06 PM
Tuf knows nothing about loyalty either so disregard what he says. After and during the election on at least 3 seperate occasions he put his personal feelings over what was good for the site. So don't listen to him.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 6:24:15 PM

Don't do it. If you're willing to dump a girl for a (supposedly) better one, then there's no guarantee that you'd be loyal to this other one.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 1:16:45 AM

A proverb?

One bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:02:19 AM
At 10/17/2016 1:16:45 AM, Perussi wrote:

A proverb?

The proverb is a hand in 2 bushes is better than a bird in hand XLAV got it right
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 2:56:18 AM
Fact is you are 18 years old. It's hard to trust anything your emotions are telling you. Sure there is truth in the argument that if you loved your gf you wouldn't want to cheat, but at your age you may love her AND not be able to love her because you don't know what you're missing. You could be missing something incredible. A love, a connection you never thought possible. Another girl could take you to another level you couldn't even imagine before. Or maybe it will be a huge mistake, ending in your heartbreak and your current gf will be the one that got away, haunting you for years to come as you get to replace her with girls that just don't make you happy.

But at your age it's hard to know, you haven't dated enough girls to know what the really good and really bad ones really are. All you can do is trust your instincts. My only words of advice would be that even in the perfect relationship, you will always have to deal with the demons of temptation. New and exciting always trumps... But it doesn't last.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 5:44:47 AM

I don't think Wylted is being serious, but if you are 18 I would take his advice seriously in this case.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 10:12:07 AM
Feelings are different for every person. Some people don't feel any temptations regardless of their happiness, and some do regardless of their happiness. My advice would be to take an honest look at yourself and ask yourself if you really love your girlfriend. You've said you're happy with her, but do you love her? If you do, you'll make the commitment to be with her no matter what temptations you face; love demands some sacrifice, after all. I find Kate Upton extremely attractive, and my relationship (and recent engagement, woo!) have not changed that, but were we through some odd turn of events to be in a potentially romantic situation, I'd still say "No thanks, I already talk to a supermodel every day," because I value the trust, friendship, and overall relationship I have with Bailey. Of course, it's easy to say things like that on the forums (though I really do find Bailey a supermodel), but you get the point. On the other hand, if you don't "love" her, then why are you with her to begin with?

It's also a question of what you value. It's expected that you'll find other people attractive; being in a relationship doesn't magically turn off that switch, but do you want to go from relationship to relationship seeking the next feelings of youthful passion, or do you want a more steady partner that you can depend upon? I value the latter, but some might value the former.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:25:28 AM

Tap it.
That's right .
If you don't someone else will. Set up a sly night out, take her to hotel , and tap tap aroooniy. Just tap it in , tap it in.
1 week later repeat.
Kiss her in the room next to your girlfriends. Then go kiss your girlfriend. Double-dip.
All this time you've been typing about it , you could be in there . Wake up to yourself.
Man the F@$k up. OR , OR . Don't. ( Says the Devil hovering over your left hand shoulder.)

Don't do it, And be respectful to the girl you are courting. Please remember to practice safe sex always. Stop your thoughts of this girl for your girlfriend and mates sake. Go thunder cats. Thunder cats are on the lose thunder , thunder, cats. ( Says Lion O.)
It's your call xlav.
That's why I'm opening the odds up at .
$1.13 nail it. $4.75 restrain.
*Please gamble responsibly.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 3:57:50 PM
At 10/16/2016 4:42:26 PM, TUF wrote:

If you really love your girlfriend I don't think you would have these thoughts. Just being blunt, if you are thinking about this friend of yours a lot I would take a break with your girlfriend and see how things go. If you guys have a good relationship the way you say, she will probably take you back if your feelings change about your friend. But its not worth hurting her if she finds out about a potential fling while in a relationship.

BS. There will always be shiny things that distract you regardless of whether you love your partner. Infidelity is so prevalent because attraction does not follow the guidance of rationality or prudence. If you question the reality of every relationship that is challenged by attraction to an outside party, you will never find a satisfying relationship.

Double BS on taking a break. Taking a break is fine, but recognize that both parties will be free to see people and no one has any obligation to resume the relationship. Don't be surprised if the other party moves on, and doing so will say nothing about their character since they weren't the one looking to take a break.

XLAV - you need to figure out how serious you are about your current girlfriend. If you view the relationship as something you really want to continue long term, then forget about this other girl. If your current relationship is just something you enjoy but aren't that invested in for the long term, consider ending it and pursuing the other girl. You don't have an obligation to perpetuate your relationship. Figure out what you want and act accordingly.

Do not cheat on your girlfriend. If you want to pursue another relationship do so in an above board manner.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 3:59:40 PM
At 10/16/2016 5:23:15 PM, Envisage wrote:

Amen. It is naivety to think the challenge of infidelity will disappear once you find "True Love TM"
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 4:00:49 PM
be a real man and find a 2D girl
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 5:46:46 PM
But seriously,

Thanks for all of the advice, though some only helped me understand my situation better but its still helpful. I agree that the "if you really loved her, you wouldn't feel _____" is bull. Though Solon does have a point. Feelings are different for every person. Maybe for some people, they don't experience this temptation, but I do.

When I was younger, I never understood why some people were afraid to be in a relationship or why some people would cheat on their supposed 'true love'. Now that I am in the shoes of a boyfriend, I understand why.

A professor once told me, some people enjoy the chase (courting phase) more than the actual prize. He is right. I'm one of those people who enjoys the chase more than the actual prize, though I still like the prize.

Some of you guys advice me to think long term and that helped me with my choices. My girlfriend I have right now is great for long term. The other girl is pretty iffy if I thought about us being together for the long term. I really do enjoy the company of this other girl. But I guess I can just stay just being her best friend. I'll have to fight of the temptation if I decide to allow her to stick around me.

So yeah, I still get to keep both, but it'll be hard. Especially since my gf is always jealous about her.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 5:52:11 PM
At 10/17/2016 5:49:09 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 10/17/2016 4:00:49 PM, thett3 wrote:
be a real man and find a 2D girl

Damn weabo trashh

http://pm1.narvii.com...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 6:52:15 PM
At 10/17/2016 2:02:19 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/17/2016 1:16:45 AM, Perussi wrote:

A proverb?

The proverb is a hand in 2 bushes is better than a bird in hand XLAV got it right

No it isn't. The point is don't give something up you have for the same thing. You have a good thing going. I don't see the issue.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 6:54:58 PM
At 10/17/2016 5:46:46 PM, XLAV wrote:
But seriously,

Thanks for all of the advice, though some only helped me understand my situation better but its still helpful. I agree that the "if you really loved her, you wouldn't feel _____" is bull. Though Solon does have a point. Feelings are different for every person. Maybe for some people, they don't experience this temptation, but I do.

When I was younger, I never understood why some people were afraid to be in a relationship or why some people would cheat on their supposed 'true love'. Now that I am in the shoes of a boyfriend, I understand why.

A professor once told me, some people enjoy the chase (courting phase) more than the actual prize. He is right. I'm one of those people who enjoys the chase more than the actual prize, though I still like the prize.

Some of you guys advice me to think long term and that helped me with my choices. My girlfriend I have right now is great for long term. The other girl is pretty iffy if I thought about us being together for the long term. I really do enjoy the company of this other girl. But I guess I can just stay just being her best friend. I'll have to fight of the temptation if I decide to allow her to stick around me.

So yeah, I still get to keep both, but it'll be hard. Especially since my gf is always jealous about her.

Keep in mind you don't have to be interested in a long term relationship, especially still being in college. If you aren't in a place where you are looking for something serious, that's fine. It just about knowing/figuring out what you want and acting in accordance with what you value.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 8:35:39 PM
At 10/17/2016 5:45:50 PM, XLAV wrote:
I decided to take Wylted's advice and enjoy the two pvssies.

EZ pvssy
EZ lyfe

My nigga :)