Jump to topic:

Funny things my professors did

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:29:59 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
One professor in statistics was talking about something, and had a variable "d." I forget what it represented. She tried to explain something to us and told us "You see, this happens, because the d is soooo big."

We all laughed at her and then her face got really red.

A thermo professor accidentally projected his sexting conversation with his wife for an entire 10 minutes before class. Nobody told him, and it just stayed up there... to this day, he still doesn't know what the entire class saw. Luckily, there were no pictures...

Post funny/embarrassing things your professors have done.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 9:28:25 PM
At 10/16/2016 5:29:59 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
One professor in statistics was talking about something, and had a variable "d." I forget what it represented. She tried to explain something to us and told us "You see, this happens, because the d is soooo big."

A thermo professor accidentally projected his sexting conversation with his wife for an entire 10 minutes before class. Nobody told him, and it just stayed up there... to this day, he still doesn't know what the entire class saw. Luckily, there were no pictures...

Lmfao so hard.

I can't think of any good stories. I'll add them if one pops into my head though
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 12:42:24 PM
At 10/16/2016 5:29:59 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

I'm still in high school, so I don't have any professors, but I have a few stories from teachers (there is a tl;dr at the bottom of this).

One story would be my bio teacher from freshman year, who I'll call Dr Smitman. I had a study hall in his class last year, but he didn't care about what we did as long as we weren't loud. I sat beside my one friend in that study hall and we would usually read, play pokemon, or watch youtube.

Anywho, it was nearing the end of the year, around early May, and we were supposed to have a field day that Friday (it was Thursday). Because of field day, we would be on a half-day schedule, and then spend the rest of the day down at the athletic fields. However, due to a ton of rain that had been coming down non-stop since early that morning, they had to cancel field day, and sent an email out about ten minutes before the bell rang. Smitman hadn't notice the email yet, so about 5 minutes before the bell rang, some of us starting to pack up, we began to talk a little louder, and Smitman didn't shush us (Smitman isn't always the most cheerful of teachers. He's a great teacher and he's funny, but he broods a lot when he's not teaching because he'd rather be doing something other than grading tests). He was in a great mood, smile on his face. He even started talking with a few of us.

It was then Smitman said, "I'm excited for tomorrow because it's only a half day, and I don't have to go down to the fields. I can just leave!"

We broke the bad news to him. Field day had been cancelled, and school would run on a regular schedule. The smile fell from his face.

'What!? No! Noooooooo!"

His "No!"'s sounded like a little kid whining because he doesn't want to go to bed yet, and he began to hit his fists on his desk like he was having a little tantrum.

The next day, my math teacher was out because she had scheduled an appointment in accordance to the half day schedule, so Smitman was our substitute. He was brooding when he walked in, sat down, and said "do you work", and every time we started talking above a whisper, he'd go "shut up". He sat there unhappily for the rest of the class, crossed arms, pouting, and staring at his laptop screen. He apparently was watching a documentary on dissecting large animals (he's also the anatomy teacher)

tl;dr - my teacher was excited for a half day schedule, found out the half day was cancelled and we would have a full day, and pouted like a kid, whined, and threw a little tantrum
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya