Jump to topic:

2579th post. AMA

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 2:52:14 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Yes, you can ask me any ole thing you want. Not that you want to ask me anything, but ask anyway. And I'll do like Wylted did and ask you something in return. I'll probably even want to.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:31:37 AM
At 10/18/2016 2:52:14 AM, philochristos wrote:
Yes, you can ask me any ole thing you want. Not that you want to ask me anything, but ask anyway. And I'll do like Wylted did and ask you something in return. I'll probably even want to.

Honest opinion.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:35:31 AM
At 10/18/2016 3:31:37 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Honest opinion.

I wish I had one, but I haven't interacted with you enough to develop an opinion. I was just browsing around on your page and noticed you've only participated in one debate. I wish you'd do at least a few more debates.

What do you want most out of life?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:38:50 AM
At 10/18/2016 3:35:31 AM, philochristos wrote:

Honest opinion.

I wish I had one, but I haven't interacted with you enough to develop an opinion. I was just browsing around on your page and noticed you've only participated in one debate. I wish you'd do at least a few more debates.

That debate wasn't really a debate. The purpose was a confidence booster for the instigator.

The end of man.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:40:06 AM
At 10/18/2016 3:38:50 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Honest opinion.

That debate wasn't really a debate. The purpose was a confidence booster for the instigator.

Oh, I see. Well, I hope it worked out.

The end of man.

You mean you want humans to go extinct?

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:41:10 AM
At 10/18/2016 3:40:06 AM, philochristos wrote:

Honest opinion.

The end of man.

I want the aggressive male to go extinct.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:43:34 AM

Honest opinion.

The end of man.

Let me rephrase that, instead of "aggressive male" it should be the "angry and controlling male."

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:48:14 AM
At 10/18/2016 3:43:34 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Honest opinion.

The end of man.

Let me rephrase that, instead of "aggressive male" it should be the "angry and controlling male."

Oh, okay. Yeah, I'm not into angry and controlling either. That's no fun.

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:49:53 AM
At 10/18/2016 3:48:14 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 10/18/2016 3:43:34 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Honest opinion.

The end of man.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I'm not into angry and controlling either. That's no fun.

Do you want that list of questions I give everyone?

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:51:14 AM
At 10/18/2016 3:49:53 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

I don't know if I've seen that list, but sure. Go ahead.

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 3:53:23 AM
At 10/18/2016 3:51:14 AM, philochristos wrote:

First name:

Surname:

Sex:

Relationship status:

Sexual orientation:

Ethnicity:

Religion:

Conception of god[1]:

What theory on the origin of life on earth do you think is most true[2]:

Position on the creationism-evolution controversy:

What do you think happens when you die:

Most hated religion:

Opinion on human nature:

Political ideology:

Presidential candidate:

Most hated political ideology:

Opinion on feminism:

Preferred form of government:

Preferred economic system:

City:

Mother's maiden name:

Birthday:

Zodiac sign:

Browser user agent:

Current education level:

Assessment of academic performance:

Do you think you are intelligent:

Assessment of quality of life:

Assessment of level of happiness:

Attempted suicide:

Lost the will to live:

Number of "good friends":

Clique in School [3]:

Historical person you most admire (could be current):

Employment Company:

Height:

Weight:

Blood type:

Favorite color:

Favorite song:

Favorite TV show:

Favorite video game:

Favorite mythological creature:

Favorite movie:

Favorite quote:

Favorite art form:

Worst enemy on this site:

Best friend on this site:

Desired number of children (if any):

Vehicle (if any):

Your version of a "perfect society":

If you don't understand what [1], [2], and [3] mean, please view these polls respectively http://www.debate.org... http://www.debate.org... http://www.debate.org...

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"?

What's your opinion on the degenerates that don't support Trump?

Would you be open to the possibility of a Matriarchy?

Why are women superior to men?

Would you approve of legislation to allow me to manually remove polls instead of waiting for airmax?

What's your opinion on anti-theists?

What's the point of living if not to enjoy each and every thing life has to offer?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"?

Jefferson Democracy vs Jacksonian Democracy?

Jefferson vs. Hamilton?

Where has the rum gone?

What phobias do you have?

Is a man entitled to the sweat of his brow?

Would you favor a parliamentary system instead of America's two-party system?

Opinion on Russia?

Opinion on China?

Favorite animal?

Would you die for what you believe in?

Would you eat an alive person to save your life?

Would you be willing to sacrifice yourself to the Leviathan to prevent man from killing each other?

Is God dead?

Favorite political theorist?

Opinion on Manifest Destiny?

What's your opinion on Thomas Hobbes, John Locke, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Machiavelli, Edmund Burke, Plato, Aristotle, Karl Marx, Murray Rothbard, and/or Mohammad Reza Pahlavi?

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:30:51 AM
At 10/18/2016 3:53:23 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/18/2016 3:51:14 AM, philochristos wrote:

First name: Sam

Surname: Harper

Sex: Yes

Relationship status: Single

Sexual orientation: Straight

Ethnicity: Whitey

Religion: Christian

Conception of god[1]: Monotheistic

What theory on the origin of life on earth do you think is most true[2]: I don't have an opinion.

Position on the creationism-evolution controversy: Theistic evolution, maybe. I definitely don't believe in a 10,000 year old earth.

What do you think happens when you die: You stop breathing, your heart stops beating, your brain stops working, etc. I think we continue to exist as disembodied spirits, but I have no idea what that's like. I think eventually, we will all be physically raised from the dead.

Most hated religion: Unitarian Universalism. I wouldn't say I hate it, though. I'm not sure that's really even a religion.

Opinion on human nature: I think humans are dishonest with themselves.

Political ideology: Conservative on some issues, libertarian on some issues, and liberal on at least one issue--health care.

Presidential candidate: I don't think I'm even going to vote in this election.

Most hated political ideology: Hmm. I suppose I'm not a big fan of the whole idea of shutting people up who maybe don't hold popular opinions.

Opinion on feminism: It comes in so many varieties, it's hard to give a blanket opinion. On one extreme, you man-haters who are angry and resentful. I don't care too much for that version of feminism. On the other extreme, you have people who just want fairness and quality for women. I'm all for that.

Preferred form of government: Republic

Preferred economic system: Capitalism

City: Austin

Mother's maiden name: Anderson

Birthday: December 4th

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius

Browser user agent: I don't know what that means.

Current education level: bachelor degree

Assessment of academic performance: Not so great.

Do you think you are intelligent: I used to. I don't anymore.

Assessment of quality of life: Relatively, I suppose I'm doing great. But as far as my attitude goes, I'm very disappointed.

Assessment of level of happiness: Pretty low at the moment.

Attempted suicide: Lots of thinking; never made an attempt.

Lost the will to live: That hasn't happened.

Number of "good friends": Three

Clique in School [3]: I had a small circle of friends in school. I'm not sure what category we would've fit in.

Historical person you most admire (could be current): Hmm. Hard to say. I admire Jonathan Edwards for his brilliance and his kindness. I admire Theadore Roosevelt for his lust for life and sense of adventure.

Employment Company: I'm the CEO of Sam Harper Knives

Height: 5'10" or 5'11", depending on whether you're looking at my drivers license or my old military ID.

Weight: The last time I weighed myself, I was 179 lbs. I'm probably heavier than that now. I stopped weighing myself when I went on a Whataburger/Dr. Pepper binge.

Blood type: o+

Favorite color: Green or orange

Favorite song: Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel

Favorite TV show: Forged in Fire right now, but that's subject to change. My favourite show that I've watched in the last year was Downton Abbey. I also like Game of Thrones.

Favorite video game: Pokemon Go is the only video game I've ever gotten into.

Favorite mythological creature: Dragon

Favorite movie: Lord of the Rings

Favorite quote: "Put down the bunny."

Favorite art form: There was a time when I would've said "music" without hesitation. But now I guess I like things made out of wood. I went to a mesquite festival in Fredericksburg TX recently and saw some really cool stuff made out of mesquite.

Worst enemy on this site: I don't think I have any enemies on this site. There have been people, from time to time, that I didn't like much, but it wasn't hard to avoid those people, so it was never so much of a problem that I'd call them enemies.

Best friend on this site: I don't have any friends on this site, either, but there are some people I like. I suppose AirMax is my favourite person.

Desired number of children (if any): I wish I had had three kids, but now I don't think I want to have more kids because I'm too old. Or I will be too old by the time they're 18.

Vehicle (if any): Honda Accord

Your version of a "perfect society": Everybody cares about everybody else, and nobody feels the need to lock anything up.

If you don't understand what [1], [2], and [3] mean, please view these polls respectively http://www.debate.org... http://www.debate.org... http://www.debate.org...

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"? Great in theory; disastrous in practice.

What's your opinion on the degenerates that don't support Trump? This question assumes that they are degenerates, which I don't agree with.

Would you be open to the possibility of a Matriarchy? I sometimes wonder if we're heading in that direction, so I guess I have to be open to it.

Why are women superior to men? I didn't know they were.

Would you approve of legislation to allow me to manually remove polls instead of waiting for airmax? I wouldn't endorse it, but I wouldn't resist it either. I just wouldn't care.

What's your opinion on anti-theists? I see where they're coming from, but it does seem to me that a lot of them haven't really thought things through.

What's the point of living if not to enjoy each and every thing life has to offer? Maybe to help other people enjoy each and every thing life has to offer. I don't think hedonism really makes people happy.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"? I guess it depends on what is meant by "essential." After all, with every law we pass, we are giving up some kind of liberty. Laws against murder restrict our liberty to kill. But those laws can be good things. Some liberties are worth giving up for safety. Some are not.

Jefferson Democracy vs Jacksonian Democracy? No opinion.

Jefferson vs. Hamilton? I fully intended to make up my mind about this a few years ago, and I was going to read a book recommended to me on Hamilton, but I never got around to it, and I'm still undecided.

Where has the rum gone? Young girls drank them, every one.

What phobias do you have? Social phobia. Fear of heights. Those are the big ones. Not a big fan of scorpions.

Is a man entitled to the sweat of his brow? That's a strange thing to call an "entitlement," but I suppose so.

to be continued. . .

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:40:49 AM

I don't know what a parliamentary system entails or how it differs from a two-party system.

Opinion on Russia?

It's probably really cold there most of the time.

Opinion on China?

It's hard to get there by spoon.

Favorite animal?

Cat

Would you die for what you believe in?

That strikes me as being an ambiguous question. I'm not going to voluntarily die just because I believe in something. But if somebody told me to change my mind or they're going to kill me, I suppose they'd just have to kill me because I don't think I could change my mind if I wanted to.

Would you eat an alive person to save your life?

No. They'd have to be dead.

Would you be willing to sacrifice yourself to the Leviathan to prevent man from killing each other?

So, like, the Leviathan eats me, and from that moment forward, no man ever kills another man???? Hmm. I might.

Is God dead?

Far from it.

Favorite political theorist?

Francis Beckwith, I suppose. He's really the only political theorist I've read a whole book by, and I'm not even sure if the title, "political theorist," applies to him.

Opinion on Manifest Destiny?

It goes back to what I said about people not being honest with themselves. Manifest destiny is a lie people told themselves to justify their ambitions.

What's your opinion on Thomas Hobbes, John Locke, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Machiavelli, Edmund Burke, Plato, Aristotle, Karl Marx, Murray Rothbard, and/or Mohammad Reza Pahlavi?

Thomas Hobbes: Read some of his stuff 20 years or so ago and don't remember any of it.

John Locke: Good philosopher.

Rousseau: I'm not sure if I've ever read anything by him.

Machiavelli: Don't think I read it.

Edmund Burke: Unfamiliar with his stuff.

Plato: Entertaining reading. I like his style.

Aristotle: Brilliant. He was wrong about some stuff, but brilliant all the same.

Karl Marx: He meant well.

Murray Rothbard: Never heard of him.

Mohammad Reza Pahlavi: Never heard of him either.

Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:41:49 AM

Honest opinion.

WHY???
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:49:09 AM
At 10/18/2016 4:40:49 AM, philochristos wrote:

I don't know what a parliamentary system entails or how it differs from a two-party system

The UK has a parliamentary system. It's where multiple parties would be allowed in Congress based on proportional representation.

So, like, the Leviathan eats me, and from that moment forward, no man ever kills another man???? Hmm. I might.

The Leviathan is part of Hobbesian theory, where he suggested an Absolute Sovereign, with absolute power, is the best option to secure man's safety.

Thomas Hobbes: Read some of his stuff 20 years or so ago and don't remember any of it.

See above. The Leviathan is entertaining, you should read it.

Read "The Social Contract" if you're interested.

Machiavelli: Don't think I read it.

Read "The Prince" if you're interested.

Read "The Reflections on the Revolutions in France" if you're interested.

Rothbard was the major theorist in the ideology of "Anarcho-Capitalism".

Mohammad Reza Pahlavi: Never heard of him either.

Pahlavi was the Shah of Iran until the 1979 Iranian Revolution.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:49:19 AM
At 10/18/2016 4:41:49 AM, Perussi wrote:

Honest opinion.

WHY???

I ask everyone that.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:50:04 AM
At 10/18/2016 4:49:19 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Honest opinion.

WHY???

I ask everyone that.

But why?
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:51:08 AM
At 10/18/2016 4:50:04 AM, Perussi wrote:
At 10/18/2016 4:49:19 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Honest opinion.

WHY???

I ask everyone that.

But why?

Usually to prove a point to those who irrationally dislike me, and because I'm just generally curious.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:55:10 AM
At 10/18/2016 4:49:09 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/18/2016 4:40:49 AM, philochristos wrote:

I don't know what a parliamentary system entails or how it differs from a two-party system

The UK has a parliamentary system. It's where multiple parties would be allowed in Congress based on proportional representation.

Yeah, I'm in favor of that.

The Leviathan is part of Hobbesian theory, where he suggested an Absolute Sovereign, with absolute power, is the best option to secure man's safety.

Well, I suppose a being like that could be really good or really bad, depending on how it went about securing man's safety. I'd have to read more about it to give a good answer, probably.

See above. The Leviathan is entertaining, you should read it.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Read "The Social Contract" if you're interested.

Oh yeah, I think I actually have that on my shelf.

Read "The Reflections on the Revolutions in France" if you're interested.

That has potential to be depressing!

Rothbard was the major theorist in the ideology of "Anarcho-Capitalism".

Oh, I've heard of that.

Thank you for your questions!