I Had Appendicitis - AMA!

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 2:04:32 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 1:53:38 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Yeah, I'm recovering at home and bored as fvck. Not a huge fan of AMAs, but it seems kinda fun, so here you are!

What made you chose your user name? Sorry behind it?

Favorite animal?

Cats or dogs?

Chocolate, or vanilla?

Coke or Pepsi? :p
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 2:20:22 PM
At 10/20/2016 2:04:32 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Yeah, I'm recovering at home and bored as fvck. Not a huge fan of AMAs, but it seems kinda fun, so here you are!

What made you chose your user name? Sorry behind it?

I honestly have no idea anymore! This is just the username I've been using everywhere since I was about 14. I know Andromeda is the name of a galaxy, and I think I probably just put the Z there because it sounded cool.

Favorite animal?

My cat. She's an @sshole, but shes my @sshole, and that's what matters! Also I'm sad because I'm not allowed to lift anything over 10 pounds for 4-6 weeks, and that includes her.

Oh sh!t, you're probably not looking for that kind of answer, are you? In that case, I'm going to go with tarantulas, because they're adorable and they frighten my boyfriend, which is really funny.

Cats or dogs?

Cats, definitely. I grew up with dogs and I love them, but cats just speak to me on an emotional level. They're intelligent, but also lazy and kinda rude. I understand them.

Chocolate, or vanilla?

Both! For real, add a bit of vanilla extract next time you're making something chocolate, like brownies or whatever. It's great.

Coke or Pepsi? :p
Ew, they're both way too sweet. And carbonated, ugh. Unsweetened iced tea ftw!
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 2:22:54 PM

How many stitches. ?

The pain during the operation ? 1 nothing 10 mega pain.
The pain now.

And what warning signs .
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 2:33:00 PM
At 10/20/2016 2:22:54 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

How many stitches. ?

Zero! They did it laparoscopically and just glued up the surgical sites (there are three of them, all smaller than an inch - one is even in my belly button) with some dermabond! It's so cool!

I was out cold during the operation, lol. But throughout the whole thing, my highest pain level was like a 3/10. They weren't even sure it was appendicitis until they did a CT scan because apparently that's really unusual.
The pain now.

Like 1/10. Surgery was late Sunday night, and now things only hurt when I cough.

And what warning signs .

Typically appendicitis presents with severe pain in the right lower quandrant, fever, nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite. I only had nausea, vomiting, and mild pain, but apparently I have one of the highest pain tolerances that ER nurse had ever seen.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 2:43:11 PM

I had appendicitis when I was 6. Did they pull you around in a wagon to sneak popsicles out of the ward's kitchen freezer too?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 2:44:44 PM

Can I answer the questions too since I had my appendix removed?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 2:47:58 PM
At 10/20/2016 2:43:11 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I had appendicitis when I was 6. Did they pull you around in a wagon to sneak popsicles out of the ward's kitchen freezer too?

No, I wish, lol. But I work at the hospital I went to and I happen to know they don't even have freezers with popsicles on each floor, you have to order them when you order your lunch or whatever. But they do have room service!
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 2:48:21 PM
At 10/20/2016 2:44:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Sure, knock yourself out lol. Not like I could stop you anyway :p
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 2:53:38 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna answer these too ;3
How many stitches. ?
idk, but they said they gave me a bunch of stickers to wear, which were really just a bunch of those little things they stick on your chest to monitor your heart beat and whatnot. I got tired of wearing them, and in a fit of pent up anger (because I'd been stuck in a hospital bed for a week), I pulled them all off, save for the patch over my side where they performed surgery.

When I woke up, I immediately started crying
The pain now.
I feel nothing

And what warning signs .
It started off as a stomach ache that never went away, and soon shifted towards my right side above my leg. My mom started to take the hint and had my dad take me to the hospital. Lucky me.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 2:55:36 PM
At 10/20/2016 2:47:58 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

No, I wish, lol. But I work at the hospital I went to and I happen to know they don't even have freezers with popsicles on each floor, you have to order them when you order your lunch or whatever. But they do have room service!

I was in the children's ward, so ya know. I just remember being taken into the emergency room, talking to the nice guy who said he was "Mr. Sleepy", and that he was going to put me to sleep. I think it was about 1 in the morning then, and then I woke up around 5 later that morning, and then slept throughout the entire day.

Peeing into a bottle was weird.

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:04:48 PM
At 10/20/2016 2:55:36 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I was in the children's ward, so ya know. I just remember being taken into the emergency room, talking to the nice guy who said he was "Mr. Sleepy", and that he was going to put me to sleep. I think it was about 1 in the morning then, and then I woke up around 5 later that morning, and then slept throughout the entire day.

Yeah, that makes sense, with you being so young xD Sorry, apparently anesthesia stays in your system for 3 to 5 days and makes you a bit of a space cadet. We don't even have pediatric services in the hospital I work at!

But the anesthesiologist was sort of the same way with me, funnily enough. He was like "I'm Dr. Something-or-other from Anesthesia. How this works is, I'm going to put some drugs in that IV, you're going to sleep while we do the operation, and then you'll wake up in the recovery room. Sound good? Ok! Well, this drug is Versed..." And then I don't remember a thing after that! I've heard Versed will do that to you, but I had no idea how well it worked!

I didn't have to pee in a bottle, though - they unhooked all the wires, helped me up, and told me to call for help when I was done so they could put them all back on xD
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:06:11 PM
At 10/20/2016 2:48:21 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Lol, sweet.
What is the first thing you remember after waking up from surgery?

(answering my question for myself) I remember waking up in some bed between two blue curtains, and a TV screen hanging from the ceiling. There was a lot of noise, and some baby crying in the spot next to me, and I was in pain, so I just started crying.

The worst part of it was while I was just lying there in the bed, with no one around me, in some loud room with a bunch of screaming kids, was that I heard some nurse talking to the baby in the spot next to me, saying "Do you wanna watch a movie?", and then she pulled the TV over to their side, and I wanted to watch a movie...

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:07:51 PM
At 10/20/2016 3:04:48 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Yeah, that makes sense, with you being so young xD Sorry, apparently anesthesia stays in your system for 3 to 5 days and makes you a bit of a space cadet. We don't even have pediatric services in the hospital I work at!

But the anesthesiologist was sort of the same way with me, funnily enough. He was like "I'm Dr. Something-or-other from Anesthesia. How this works is, I'm going to put some drugs in that IV, you're going to sleep while we do the operation, and then you'll wake up in the recovery room. Sound good? Ok! Well, this drug is Versed..." And then I don't remember a thing after that! I've heard Versed will do that to you, but I had no idea how well it worked!

I didn't have to pee in a bottle, though - they unhooked all the wires, helped me up, and told me to call for help when I was done so they could put them all back on xD

Well I mean it probably would've been a bit more difficult for you to pee into a bottle while lying in a hospital bed.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:11:45 PM

All I remember is the guy telling me that, and then saying something to my mom, who nervously laughed, and that's it. She says I was still awake for a few minutes after that, and that she was allowed to stay in the room until I was asleep, but I honestly have no memory of it.
The scariest thing was before we went into the operation room, because there was some thing on the wall that had instructions for something (like the ones that tell employees how they need to wash their hands before returning to work at a restaurant), and I don't remember what it said, but there was an illustration to go with each, and it had what looked like a needle with an extended dashed line going through a finger or something. I was afraid that that meant they were gonna stick a needle through my finger.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:12:50 PM

Also, how long has it been since the operation?

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:13:55 PM
At 10/20/2016 3:06:11 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Lol, sweet.

I remember waking up in the PACU (post-anesthesia care unit) and asking if they did the surgery. Then I remember waking up in my room and sending my boyfriend home because it was late. Then I remember waking up at like 3am and being all confused because I was at work, which, sounds odd but remember - I worked at that hospital. Basically, I never really woke up for longer than a minute or two until about 5am.

(answering my question for myself) I remember waking up in some bed between two blue curtains, and a TV screen hanging from the ceiling. There was a lot of noise, and some baby crying in the spot next to me, and I was in pain, so I just started crying.

The worst part of it was while I was just lying there in the bed, with no one around me, in some loud room with a bunch of screaming kids, was that I heard some nurse talking to the baby in the spot next to me, saying "Do you wanna watch a movie?", and then she pulled the TV over to their side, and I wanted to watch a movie...

Aww, that sucks :( I was all excited that the hospital had cable (I only have Netflix at home because I'm cheap), only to realize - there's literally nothing on but infomercials at 5am.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:14:53 PM
At 10/20/2016 3:12:50 PM, Vaarka wrote:

They knocked me out at about 8:30pm Sunday night, so not that long, I guess? They sent me home Monday afternoon.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:15:14 PM
At 10/20/2016 3:13:55 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 10/20/2016 3:06:11 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Lol, sweet.

I remember waking up in the PACU (post-anesthesia care unit) and asking if they did the surgery. Then I remember waking up in my room and sending my boyfriend home because it was late. Then I remember waking up at like 3am and being all confused because I was at work, which, sounds odd but remember - I worked at that hospital. Basically, I never really woke up for longer than a minute or two until about 5am.

Aww, that sucks :( I was all excited that the hospital had cable (I only have Netflix at home because I'm cheap), only to realize - there's literally nothing on but infomercials at 5am.

Oh yeah, that too.

Just saying, the hospital's "kool-aid" tastes nothing like kool-aid.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:15:42 PM
At 10/20/2016 3:14:53 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

They knocked me out at about 8:30pm Sunday night, so not that long, I guess? They sent me home Monday afternoon.

Monday afternoon? I was in the hospital for at least 5-6 days

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:18:08 PM
At 10/20/2016 3:15:42 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Then again, I also didn't go to the hospital until about a few days after I started showing symptoms, and I was six

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:19:03 PM

That's crazy long! Though maybe it was different because you were so young? Did your appendix actually burst or something? Mine did not, and my surgery was relatively non-invasive because they did it laparoscopically, so maybe that explains the difference?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:20:28 PM

Do you think your appendix is bigger then varrka's appendix. ?

What must they be making with all them appendix's ?

What's a more female friendly name for the appendix ?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:24:32 PM
At 10/20/2016 3:20:28 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Probably. I kept mine until I was an adult, and Vaarka had his removed when he was young. People grow in size as they get older.

I bet it's an explosive or biological weapon of some sort lol. What else could you make out of appendices?

I think "appendix" is plenty ladylike. It's not that far off from "dominatrix", and that's definitely feminine.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:26:11 PM
At 10/20/2016 3:20:28 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Depends on how close ours were to bursting. Mine probably would've burst the next day if I hadn't had it removed.

fertilizer

appendicks

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 4:02:20 PM

Gives you a well needed hug. (((Hugs)))
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 4:02:55 PM
At 10/20/2016 2:53:38 PM, Vaarka wrote:

How many stitches. ?
idk, but they said they gave me a bunch of stickers to wear, which were really just a bunch of those little things they stick on your chest to monitor your heart beat and whatnot. I got tired of wearing them, and in a fit of pent up anger (because I'd been stuck in a hospital bed for a week), I pulled them all off, save for the patch over my side where they performed surgery.

The pain now.
I feel nothing

And what warning signs .
It started off as a stomach ache that never went away, and soon shifted towards my right side above my leg. My mom started to take the hint and had my dad take me to the hospital. Lucky me.

Im back.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 4:05:13 PM
At 10/20/2016 4:02:55 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/20/2016 2:53:38 PM, Vaarka wrote:

How many stitches. ?

The pain now.
I feel nothing

And what warning signs .

Im back.

Cool :3
welcome back!

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 4:24:40 PM
At 10/20/2016 3:19:03 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

That's crazy long! Though maybe it was different because you were so young? Did your appendix actually burst or something? Mine did not, and my surgery was relatively non-invasive because they did it laparoscopically, so maybe that explains the difference?

No, it didn't burst, at least not inside me, but it wasn't very far from that stage. Mine was also about 10ish years ago

ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 2:54:11 PM
Do you believe that an interest in BDSM and a high pain tolerance are caused by, or merely comorbid with, living in Buffalo?

The former would make a lot of sense.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz