Jump to topic:

How Often Do You Drink Alcohol?

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 5:58:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Usually, just once in awhile, but this year, I've only been sober 2 days since the beginning of 2011. I think I might have a problem, lol.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 6:01:00 AM
I've been sober for so long... I last went to the pub about a month ago. That's terrible, I should be drinking more.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 6:30:44 AM
i average about 50 pints a week i'd say ha.. and 2 or 3 shoulders of teachers during the quieter nights of the week.. i love drink!
signature
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 6:34:24 AM
At 1/18/2011 6:30:44 AM, badger wrote:
i average about 50 pints a week i'd say ha.. and 2 or 3 shoulders of teachers during the quieter nights of the week.. i love drink!

wtf...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 6:41:39 AM
At 1/18/2011 6:34:24 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 1/18/2011 6:30:44 AM, badger wrote:

wtf...

and about an ounce of weed on top of that :) there's not all that much else to do in ireland...
signature
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 6:46:37 AM
I have a 2-3 of beers/glasses of wine just about every day...

I probably have more than that only about once a week.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 8:24:47 AM
At 1/18/2011 5:58:29 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Usually, just once in awhile, but this year, I've only been sober 2 days since the beginning of 2011. I think I might have a problem, lol.

eh. i had a summer like that. afterwards i was extremely tired of drinking. now its prolly like 3-4 times a month. would be more, but i don't have time to go out anymore.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 8:34:18 AM
Usually, just once in awhile, but this year, I've only been sober 2 days since the beginning of 2011. I think I might have a problem, lol.:

Depends on the circumstances. I've had my fair share of black-out drunk nights, but on average (not including weekends out with friends) 0-5 drinks per week. Lately I haven't been keeping alcohol in the house because if it's there, I'll drink it. When it's not, it's usually out of sight, out of mind.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 8:34:46 AM
Not often. If I do, it's usually a cocktail or what I call a "pretty drink". I had an awesome drink a couple days ago that tasted like a banana split; before that, New Year's Eve; and before that, the first of October. It's sad when I can pinpoint the days that I drink.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 8:36:03 AM
It's sad when I can pinpoint the days that I drink.:

No, it's sad when you can't. You're in control; that's a good thing.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 8:40:53 AM
At 1/18/2011 8:36:03 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
It's sad when I can pinpoint the days that I drink.:

No, it's sad when you can't. You're in control; that's a good thing.

lol
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 8:51:51 AM
I usually have whiskey around and might have a glass during the week, otherwise I do the stereotypical college thing on weekends.
I must have lucked out with the alcoholism thing because I can have good bourbon laying around and not drink, while some of my friends will drink cheap vodka just because they have it.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 9:09:03 AM
2 pints of the cheap Skol vodka a day.

Yes, I'm a bloody drunk, it's a miracle I'm as intelligible as I am. I am intelligible, right? Hah
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 9:42:22 AM

Sounds like it! Now, when you ask about drinking alcohol, I'm assuming you're not talking about the occasional beer (which I have on football nights) or glass of wine (because that just completes a good meal IMO). Aside from that, I rarely ever drink. I've probably only been drunk like 5 times in 2010. However, I will admit that when I'm back in my college town, it will probably be very different. I'm part of a frat, and my friends are huge drinkers :/ Last time I was there I'd say I drank several times a week. See, it's hard to peg an alcoholic in college because people drink all the time lol. But being removed from that and staying sober (and not liking drinking actually) let me know I wasn't a drunk, thank gawd.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 9:43:18 AM
At 1/18/2011 8:45:54 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Very rarely, but I enjoy herbal refreshment daily.

Samesies. I'd take ganja over alcohol any day.
President of DDO
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 9:48:08 AM
At 1/18/2011 9:43:18 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 1/18/2011 8:45:54 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Very rarely, but I enjoy herbal refreshment daily.

Samesies. I'd take ganja over alcohol any day.

It's excellent for natural stress relief, and for listening to Eric Clapton!
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 9:58:49 AM
When I can afford to, I get the $3.99 4 pack of Miller Light silos and one of those is usually enough to do me. Most of the time I just stick to the vaporizor because I don't want to be an alcoholic ;P
no comment
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 10:01:41 AM
How many songs have I written about alcohol? Most of them blues, because blues is the ultimate drinking music.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 10:05:05 AM
http://www.newgrounds.com...

Blues played drunk, by drunks, for drunks who like to drink.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 11:53:57 AM
Never actually drank alcohol on account of being allergic to it.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 11:55:27 AM
At 1/18/2011 11:53:57 AM, Korashk wrote:
Never actually drank alcohol on account of being allergic to it.

We're all allergic to it that's the point.
no comment
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 11:57:32 AM
I never have had a hangover. I live in the limbo of being partially drunk. Usually on Thursday Friday and Saturday. I have a ton of rum that I mix in with generic coke.

Sometimes on wed. But rarely.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 11:57:57 AM
At 1/18/2011 9:58:49 AM, Caramel wrote:
When I can afford to, I get the $3.99 4 pack of Miller Light silos and one of those is usually enough to do me. Most of the time I just stick to the vaporizor because I don't want to be an alcoholic ;P

lol it's called rum dude.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 11:59:29 AM
also I usually have a glass of Riesling with dinner if I'm having chicken.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 12:23:36 PM
I could count the times per year on one hand, if that tells you anything. Last time was last year cause I REALLY needed something to make me less bitchy. icr what exactly happened to push me tho....or how much I drank.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 3:56:07 PM
I'm only a social drinker. When I'm with friends I'll usually end up having 2 or 3 drinks.
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.