Jump to topic:

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 8:04:59 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
If you think I'm talking about some holiday, like Christmas, Halloween, or Thanksgiving, then boy oh boy are you wrong! I'm not talking about that, nor am I talking about the season!

Well, I'm kinda talking about the season, since Autumn is the only time it ever happens, but whatever. I'm talking about the fact that it's harvesting time for Scuppernongs!

For those who don't recognize the name, scuppernongs are green grapes with seeds in the middle that you spit out, and they only grow during the fall. They taste much better than regular grapes (at least imo they do). There are also purple grapes like it, called Muscadines.

So, is anyone else enjoying scuppernongs right now, or am I just the weird kid who's excited about a seasonal grape?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 9:22:33 PM
At 10/23/2016 8:04:59 PM, Vaarka wrote:
If you think I'm talking about some holiday, like Christmas, Halloween, or Thanksgiving, then boy oh boy are you wrong! I'm not talking about that, nor am I talking about the season!

Well, I'm kinda talking about the season, since Autumn is the only time it ever happens, but whatever. I'm talking about the fact that it's harvesting time for Scuppernongs!

For those who don't recognize the name, scuppernongs are green grapes with seeds in the middle that you spit out, and they only grow during the fall. They taste much better than regular grapes (at least imo they do). There are also purple grapes like it, called Muscadines.

So, is anyone else enjoying scuppernongs right now, or am I just the weird kid who's excited about a seasonal grape?

You're saying grapes are better than Christmas?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 9:23:34 PM
At 10/23/2016 9:22:33 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Well no, it's just not close enough to Christmas for me to start freaking out about it like every store and marketing agency is
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 9:24:47 PM
Scuppernongs sounds like something Luna Lovegood would go looking for. Vaar is secretly Looney--uh, sorry, Luna--Lovegood!

Watch out for the wrackspurts in your ears while you're harvesting the scuppernongs and dirigible plums!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 9:33:55 PM
At 10/23/2016 9:24:47 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Scuppernongs sounds like something Luna Lovegood would go looking for. Vaar is secretly Looney--uh, sorry, Luna--Lovegood!
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...
YOU CALLED!?

Funny thing, my dog (Levi) was originally going to be named Loony Lovegood, because we contacted two places, and one had two boy dogs and two girl dogs, and we were planning on getting a girl. So we travelled a few hours and arrived, to find out we'd went to the wrong spot. It was too late to go back, though, because we were already in love with one of them (Levi) before we realized they were boys...

Watch out for the wrackspurts in your ears while you're harvesting the scuppernongs and dirigible plums!

I've only read the books and still need to watch all the movies. I've never seen one all the way through.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 9:42:27 PM

Go check your profile and reply pls. You've left me hanging in a Harry Potter frenzie, and you can't just do that!

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 10:49:39 PM
At 10/23/2016 9:33:55 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I've only read the books and still need to watch all the movies. I've never seen one all the way through.

OMG. We're having a movie night or something some time.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 11:03:41 PM
At 10/23/2016 10:49:39 PM, bsh1 wrote:

YEYEYEYEYEY!!!!

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 11:08:07 PM
At 10/23/2016 11:03:41 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/23/2016 10:49:39 PM, bsh1 wrote:

YEYEYEYEYEY!!!!

Rofl.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 12:17:46 AM

Those are pretty specific grape we have south of the Mason Dixon. I have home made Muscadine jelly shipped up every year. New England wild grapes are thick skinned and a bit bitter.
Bob13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 1:31:11 AM

I have Muscadines in my backyard. Do Scuppernongs taste the same as those?
I don't have a signature. :-)
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 11:08:07 AM
At 10/24/2016 1:31:11 AM, Bob13 wrote:

I have Muscadines in my backyard. Do Scuppernongs taste the same as those?

They're a little different

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 5:17:59 AM
I think I've heard the name somewhere but I don't think I've had them. Might check it out :P
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 8:48:45 PM

Christmas.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 3:06:00 PM

I had no idea those existed! I'll have to see if there's anywhere I can buy them around here!

I'm excited for seasonal food too though, just mine are different. I'm all about pannetone, apple pie, and the metric sh!t ton of squash varieties available.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 3:08:45 PM
At 10/23/2016 9:23:34 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Well no, it's just not close enough to Christmas for me to start freaking out about it like every store and marketing agency is

Ha, I'm freaking out about it. Not enough that I want Christmas decorations already, but enough that I seriously can't wait to make Christmas cookies. My family makes like a dozen batches of cookies every year, and it's the bomb. Is it just me, or are they way better than normal cookies?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 1:17:35 AM
At 10/28/2016 3:06:00 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I had no idea those existed! I'll have to see if there's anywhere I can buy them around here!

I'm excited for seasonal food too though, just mine are different. I'm all about pannetone, apple pie, and the metric sh!t ton of squash varieties available.

Lol

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 1:18:02 AM
At 10/28/2016 3:08:45 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 10/23/2016 9:23:34 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Ha, I'm freaking out about it. Not enough that I want Christmas decorations already, but enough that I seriously can't wait to make Christmas cookies. My family makes like a dozen batches of cookies every year, and it's the bomb. Is it just me, or are they way better than normal cookies?

They are, without a doubt, better