Best & worst thing that has happened to you

Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 11:50:06 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Besides comming into existense.

The best thing that has happened to me is discovering this site because it got gears turning in my head. After a while here i started thinking like a philosopher, cared about things i believe, and became much more intelligent. I wouldn't have even though to think of the things i do now or to pursue infinite intelligence. The worst thing that has happened to me is when i became apathetic. It has its pros and cons but i am slowly moving out of it. It is bad for me and others. There is more that i am missing out on. It happened and i don't know how but i think it has to do with how i was an idiot socially then i just stopped being social completely. Then i moved to another state and lost all of my friends. I'm still content and happy despite this. And again, pros and cons.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 12:09:00 PM
The best thing that happened to me was discovering this site. The worst thing that happened to me was discovering this site.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 12:26:17 PM
At 10/24/2016 12:09:00 PM, Vaarka wrote:
The best thing that happened to me was discovering this site. The worst thing that happened to me was discovering this site.

Just so it doesn't sound like I'm trolling too much...
Discovering DDO is not the best thing that's happened to me, nor the worst. It's done some good and bad.

For example, the good that it's done is given me more confidence in my "online persona". Previous to DDO, I would try to fit in with the site persona that I saw, so for DDO, it was to act like an intellectual, to use a lot of words, and to sound smart for the sake of debate and discussion. After a bit of mafia, and a break from the site, however, I instead turned to my regular persona, and that is how I still am. -- Mafia was also pretty cool, and I've made a few friends along the way.

It's been bad, though, because not only have I spent too much time here, but it's served as a huge distraction. When I'm at home, trying to do homework, DDO will distract me so much, even if literally nothing is happening, that I'll spend 2 hours or more on an assignment that should take me half an hour, and even then I won't always finish it. I look at my assignment and find more motivation in refreshing a forum page or watching a youtube video than doing the actual assignment. Instead of working on my math homework, I'll check and see if anyone has posted something interesting in the personal forum. Instead of reading a chapter of a book for english, I'll hop on the hangout. It's nothing but a distraction from the things that I should be focusing on, and I probably would've been better off had I never left the game forum...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 1:51:58 PM
Best thing that ever happened to me: Meeting Solon.

Worst thing that ever happened to me: Not finding Solon sooner.

(I know, I'm a f*cking dork.)
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 2:19:58 PM
At 10/24/2016 1:51:58 PM, missbailey8 wrote:

Outside of your love life?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 2:28:56 PM
At 10/24/2016 2:19:58 PM, lannan13 wrote:

I'm definitely not going to go into the worst one in this thread, but the best one would be when my half-sister was born.
~missbailey8~

-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 2:50:43 PM

Is flirting all you two do now?

ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 2:55:41 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 3:07:36 PM
At 10/24/2016 12:26:17 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Discovering DDO is not the best thing that's happened to me, nor the worst. It's done some good and bad.

I don't think that is trolling, i chuckled.

For example, the good that it's done is given me more confidence in my "online persona". Previous to DDO, I would try to fit in with the site persona that I saw, so for DDO, it was to act like an intellectual, to use a lot of words, and to sound smart for the sake of debate and discussion. After a bit of mafia, and a break from the site, however, I instead turned to my regular persona, and that is how I still am. -- Mafia was also pretty cool, and I've made a few friends along the way.

It's been bad, though, because not only have I spent too much time here, but it's served as a huge distraction. When I'm at home, trying to do homework, DDO will distract me so much, even if literally nothing is happening, that I'll spend 2 hours or more on an assignment that should take me half an hour, and even then I won't always finish it. I look at my assignment and find more motivation in refreshing a forum page or watching a youtube video than doing the actual assignment. Instead of working on my math homework, I'll check and see if anyone has posted something interesting in the personal forum. Instead of reading a chapter of a book for english, I'll hop on the hangout. It's nothing but a distraction from the things that I should be focusing on, and I probably would've been better off had I never left the game forum...

U r not pro enough to procrastinate. Do your assignment gradually. For every post you reply to or every video you watch do a question or two for example. And for insurence know when to seriously get to work. I usually stop with 2 hours before 12. If you can't think wake up early and reck those assignments with a rested brain.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 3:08:32 PM
At 10/24/2016 3:07:36 PM, Perussi wrote:
At 10/24/2016 12:26:17 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I don't think that is trolling, i chuckled.

U r not pro enough to procrastinate. Do your assignment gradually. For every post you reply to or every video you watch do a question or two for example. And for insurence know when to seriously get to work. I usually stop with 2 hours before 12. If you can't think wake up early and reck those assignments with a rested brain.

Lol, I usually do stuff in study hall in the mornings because I can actually functionally think

missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 10:49:21 PM
At 10/24/2016 2:50:43 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Not exactly.
~missbailey8~

-Fatihah

The Clown Queen of DDO
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 11:09:11 PM

Same for me, except only the second half.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 11:48:32 PM
At 10/24/2016 11:09:11 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Same for me, except only the second half.

Yep...

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 2:12:08 PM
Worst: Losing my sister, when she was 22, finding out my grandpa had died (found this out the next day) and I was pissed at my mom because she never called to tell me he was that sick.

Best: Being adopted by my guardian family, receiving my 1ast grant :D, When my dad bought my first dirt bike! Meeting 16K <3
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 6:15:05 PM
Hmm....

The worst thing that has happened to me would be a tie between my parents announcing their divorce to me when I was six years old on Christmas day, and my mom's attempted suicide in which I was the one who found her and her suicide note. Took some time to overcome the issues that arose in me emotionally through both those events.

The best thing that has happened to me is a 4-way tie. 1) Getting a go-ped for Christmas when I was twelve. It opened up a whole new world to me, and gave rise to a deep sense of freedom. 2) My cats, I love them so much. 3) Meeting my current girlfriend and our relationship, we make an amazing team and I'm developing a deeper love for her on a daily basis. 4) Discovering an objective truth about this world that hasn't been acknowledged or discovered on a grand scale yet. The eureka moment and knowledge that it's something everyone experiences, a fundamental factor in the human experience as a whole.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 7:36:56 AM

Look at Solon's DDO page.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 7:38:06 AM
At 10/24/2016 2:28:56 PM, missbailey8 wrote:

I'm definitely not going to go into the worst one in this thread, but the best one would be when my half-sister was born.

I didn't expect you too, I've read your other thread and I've heard you talk in the Hangouts about some of these God forsaken things. I'm just glad you're still here with us.

missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 2:18:04 PM
At 10/26/2016 7:38:06 AM, lannan13 wrote:

I didn't expect you too, I've read your other thread and I've heard you talk in the Hangouts about some of these God forsaken things. I'm just glad you're still here with us.
Thank you, Lannan.
~missbailey8~

-Fatihah

The Clown Queen of DDO
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 2:23:27 PM
At 10/26/2016 2:18:04 PM, missbailey8 wrote:

Thank you, Lannan.

Just know if you need someone to come to, I can always lend an ear.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 6:37:22 PM
At 10/26/2016 7:36:56 AM, lannan13 wrote:

The only difference I found was "engaged"

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 7:42:30 PM
At 10/26/2016 6:37:22 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Yeah, they're getting married.

missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 10:57:49 PM
At 10/26/2016 2:23:27 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Thank you, Lannan.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.
~missbailey8~

-Fatihah

The Clown Queen of DDO
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 11:04:34 PM

Exactly.
~missbailey8~

-Fatihah

The Clown Queen of DDO
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 11:21:33 PM

Same
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 12:12:01 AM
At 10/26/2016 10:57:49 PM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 10/26/2016 2:23:27 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Thank you, Lannan.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Welcome. :)

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 12:38:13 PM
At 10/26/2016 11:04:34 PM, missbailey8 wrote:

Exactly.

You two are engaged already?

missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 1:00:06 PM
At 10/27/2016 12:38:13 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Exactly.

...yes.
~missbailey8~

-Fatihah

The Clown Queen of DDO
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 1:01:18 PM
At 10/27/2016 1:00:06 PM, missbailey8 wrote:

Exactly.

...yes.

That was...that was fast o.O

missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 1:32:13 PM
At 10/27/2016 1:01:18 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Exactly.

...yes.

Yup. ^_^
~missbailey8~

-Fatihah

The Clown Queen of DDO
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 1:32:59 PM
At 10/27/2016 1:32:13 PM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 10/27/2016 1:01:18 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Exactly.

...yes.

Yup. ^_^

Well, it wasn't as fast as Rose and 16k I guess ;3