Jump to topic:

People Who I Hate

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 8:53:07 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
In the past I've noted that I hate the species of person who is at once ignorant and arrogant. That combination makes a person deserving of a proper flensing. But, there is yet another echelon of human trash that is just as bad: those who correct other people when they are wrong.

As a general rule of thumb (a phrase which I appreciate more and more as I get older, due to historical significance), it's a good policy to make very sure that you're right before you correct someone. If you're wrong and you correct someone who is right, then you achieve two highly undesirable ends: you make a complete_asshole of yourself, while garnering the entirely justified resentment and ire of the person who you corrected.

But, it gets worse. When those who have corrected someone who is right, when they, the ironic corrector are wrong, are recalcitrant in their correction despite admonishments from at once the "subject" of their correction and others who happen to observe. These creatures undermine the functionality of any group, and the overall extent to which any unit can be productive.
Tsar of DDO
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 10:29:16 PM
At 10/24/2016 8:53:07 PM, YYW wrote:
In the past I've noted that I hate the species of person who is at once ignorant and arrogant. That combination makes a person deserving of a proper flensing. But, there is yet another echelon of human trash that is just as bad: those who correct other people when they are wrong.

Sounds like the same species of person. After all, you gotta have both ignorance and arrogance to correct someone when you're wrong.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 10:30:47 PM
Because c'mon, literally nobody intentionally corrects others while knowing they're wrong - it's unintentional (i.e. the result of ignorance).
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 10:39:42 PM

As a general rule of thumb (a phrase which I appreciate more and more as I get older, due to historical significance), it's a good policy to make very sure that you're right before you correct someone. If you're wrong and you correct someone who is right, then you achieve two highly undesirable ends: you make a complete_asshole of yourself, while garnering the entirely justified resentment and ire of the person who you corrected.

But, it gets worse. When those who have corrected someone who is right, when they, the ironic corrector are wrong, are recalcitrant in their correction despite admonishments from at once the "subject" of their correction and others who happen to observe. These creatures undermine the functionality of any group, and the overall extent to which any unit can be productive.

* whom I hate
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 11:11:30 PM

As a general rule of thumb (a phrase which I appreciate more and more as I get older, due to historical significance), its a good policy to make very sure that you're right before you correct someone. If you're wrong and you correct someone who is right, then you achieve two highly undesirable ends: you make a complete_asshole of yourself, while garnering the entirely justified resentment and ire of the person who you corrected.

fix'd
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 11:37:18 PM
At 10/24/2016 10:39:42 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

* whom I hate

http://i.huffpost.com...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 1:06:16 AM
At 10/24/2016 10:29:16 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

Sounds like the same species of person. After all, you gotta have both ignorance and arrogance to correct someone when you're wrong.

Yeah you're probably right.
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 2:06:57 PM
People who support Hillary Clinton. :)
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 2:56:09 PM
I hate no one as that is an expression of inner dissent I'm projecting on another. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate/resentment. Hate/resentment leads to... no good results for all parties involved.
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 5:08:34 PM
TL;DR
The only reason you bother with such stuff is because of your anal-retentive personality. That is to say, whenever someone interrupts your pinch-and-squeeze equilibrium -- which is what occurs when an error is pointed out -- you go all-out expulsive, releasing whatever is pent up inside.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 5:44:04 PM

I can stand it if the person is less informed, but can understand that maybe they're wrong. If I say something, and someone says I am wrong and corrects me, but I say "no, that's not true, because [context]," and they realize they were wrong, that's perfectly fine.

It's when they continue to claim that they are right, when they are clearly wrong (fact-wise, not so much opinion-wise), that I want to surgically attach a zipper to their lips so I can zip it closed at free will.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 7:13:53 PM
At 10/25/2016 5:08:34 PM, NHN wrote:
TL;DR
The only reason you bother with such stuff is because of your anal-retentive personality. That is to say, whenever someone interrupts your pinch-and-squeeze equilibrium -- which is what occurs when an error is pointed out -- you go all-out expulsive, releasing whatever is pent up inside.

lol interacting with you is hilarious. Listening to you talk about stuff you don't understand is like watching a child play with blocks.
Tsar of DDO
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 7:15:39 PM
At 10/25/2016 7:13:53 PM, YYW wrote:
TL;DR

lol interacting with you is hilarious. Listening to you talk about stuff you don't understand is like watching a child play with blocks.
We don't really interact, though. I poke; you puke.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 8:12:15 PM
At 10/25/2016 7:15:39 PM, NHN wrote:
At 10/25/2016 7:13:53 PM, YYW wrote:
TL;DR

We don't really interact, though. I poke; you puke.

It's more like you try to sound clever, and make a fool of yourself every time. This is, in truth, terribly amusing to me for reasons I doubt you'd be able to appreciate.
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:13:30 PM
I heard a rumor that NHN is YYW's alt
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:20:29 PM
At 10/25/2016 8:12:15 PM, YYW wrote:
It's more like you try to sound clever, and make a fool of yourself every time. This is, in truth, terribly amusing to me for reasons I doubt you'd be able to appreciate.
Lol. It spews. It's as if you just looked at a blank screen, readjusted your butt plug, then repeated a variation of your previous post. Thankfully it wasn't another one of those florid tl;dr posts.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:30:37 PM
At 10/25/2016 11:13:30 PM, thett3 wrote:

That explains a lot.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:40:03 PM
At 10/25/2016 11:30:37 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

That explains a lot.

If my IQ dropped by 50 points, perhaps.
Tsar of DDO
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 11:44:52 PM
At 10/25/2016 11:40:03 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/25/2016 11:30:37 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

That explains a lot.

If my IQ dropped by 50 points, perhaps.

Lol. It was a joke :P
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 12:45:39 AM
At 10/25/2016 11:20:29 PM, NHN wrote:
At 10/25/2016 8:12:15 PM, YYW wrote:
Lol. It spews. It's as if you just looked at a blank screen, readjusted your butt plug, then repeated a variation of your previous post. Thankfully it wasn't another one of those florid tl;dr posts.

Butt plug.... awesome!

https://img.buzzfeed.com...

I'm not even sure what it's in reference too but I get to share now!

For a serious response I'm somewhere between 10 and 13 I think.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 12:50:58 AM

I expect history will repeat itself, but instead of the AnCap exodus, the great AllCap exodus will occur, in which YYW, TBR, NHN, and TUF leave the website.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 1:28:07 AM
At 10/26/2016 12:57:52 AM, YYW wrote:
I'm pretty sure NHN is a homophobic bigot, in light of his reference to butt plugs.

Know why I often joke here? More humor equals less hating as hating is never good.

It's right there along the lines of vengeance vs Justice... vengeance may be temporarily gratifying but ultimately harmful.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 7:29:01 AM

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
mandarinka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 8:34:45 AM

Sometimes, it's too difficult to shut your mouth when you feel that's someone said wrong. I think, people do likethis just because they try to share their thoughts.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 1:18:02 AM
At 10/27/2016 8:34:45 AM, mandarinka wrote:

Sometimes, it's too difficult to shut your mouth when you feel that's someone said wrong. I think, people do like this just because they try to share their thoughts.

I am reminded of Abraham Lincoln's wise words: It is better to sit silently and appear a fool than open one's mouth and resolve any lingering doubt on the matter.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 1:18:54 AM
At 10/26/2016 7:29:01 AM, lannan13 wrote:

That is an excellent song, from an excellent album, produced by an excellent band.

That said, the hate I'm talking about here is different than the hate Driamain is raging about.
Tsar of DDO
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 1:20:50 AM
At 10/28/2016 1:18:54 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/26/2016 7:29:01 AM, lannan13 wrote:

That is an excellent song, from an excellent album, produced by an excellent band.

That said, the hate I'm talking about here is different than the hate Driamain is raging about.

I know, that was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this thread and I know that we like Disturbed, so I threw it out here.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 3:27:11 AM

Brilliant thesis. A polished keynote speech for sure. You'll need a monkey suit. Unless you don't actually need one.