Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

LD Help?

MewxVenus
Posts: 143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 10:02:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I wasn't exactly sure where to put this...so if it needs to be moved I'm sorry :/

Anyway, I have reentered the debate scene, but I've only ever done public forum. I'm jumping right into LD with no experience and I'd really appreciate some help picking values and criteria... I have no idea what to use...
: At 1/20/2011 10:42:53 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
: I didn't say ugly stick. I said it was beyond stick, it was a paddle.
MewxVenus
Posts: 143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 10:10:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/18/2011 10:03:05 PM, Koopin wrote:
kfc

Yeah, ok, I work there but I really don't think that counts as a value.
: At 1/20/2011 10:42:53 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
: I didn't say ugly stick. I said it was beyond stick, it was a paddle.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 10:44:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/18/2011 10:10:30 PM, MewxVenus wrote:
At 1/18/2011 10:03:05 PM, Koopin wrote:
kfc

Yeah, ok, I work there but I really don't think that counts as a value.

Sure it does.

For example "Unconditional slave reparations should occur."

Value-- KFC. You then use statistics to prove that the reparations will increase demand for KFC, and then economics to note that the increased demand will increase pressure to supply it.

on a more serious note:
What's the relevant resolution? What are you supposed to be arguing about it? What position do you actually believe and why?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
MewxVenus
Posts: 143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 11:04:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Resolved: In the United States, juveniles charged with violent felonies ought to be treated as adults in the criminal justice system.

I lean toward the Affirmative, to be completely honest. Juvenile would be defined as someone between 14 and 18 ((that will be the most common definition in my district)) And honestly, by that age, I believe that a person has enough of a grasp on morality that they should know that i is wrong to blow things up, kill and abuse people, etc. There have been studies that show that the judgment portion of the brain doesn't fully mature until age 25, but honestly, even a seven year old is able to comprehend basic human decency.
: At 1/20/2011 10:42:53 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
: I didn't say ugly stick. I said it was beyond stick, it was a paddle.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 11:13:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not too familiar with LD, but sounds like value: Justice value criterion: moral comprehension, if I gather how the framework works

You can just lie and say you don't believe they comprehend it and cite those studies if you have to argue neg, if you're arguing affirmative make your case honestly, and your opponent will get complacent when they hear your VC and think you screwed up:P.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
MewxVenus
Posts: 143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 6:02:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/19/2011 3:48:18 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
We also had that HUGE argument over it, so maybe she could check that thread. Lol.

XD sure, why not? What's the thread?
: At 1/20/2011 10:42:53 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
: I didn't say ugly stick. I said it was beyond stick, it was a paddle.
LoremIpsum
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 6:19:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/18/2011 10:02:04 PM, MewxVenus wrote:
I wasn't exactly sure where to put this...so if it needs to be moved I'm sorry :/

Anyway, I have reentered the debate scene, but I've only ever done public forum. I'm jumping right into LD with no experience and I'd really appreciate some help picking values and criteria... I have no idea what to use...

The best thing you can do to improve your LD is to switch to CX.
Cobo
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 8:07:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/20/2011 6:19:16 PM, LoremIpsum wrote:
At 1/18/2011 10:02:04 PM, MewxVenus wrote:
I wasn't exactly sure where to put this...so if it needs to be moved I'm sorry :/

Anyway, I have reentered the debate scene, but I've only ever done public forum. I'm jumping right into LD with no experience and I'd really appreciate some help picking values and criteria... I have no idea what to use...

The best thing you can do to improve your LD is to switch to CX.

Lol. Not really man.
CX is only for fast speakers.
And its not as flexible as LD.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest