Who likes science fiction?

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 12:55:39 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 9:48:34 PM, janesix wrote:
What are some of your favorite science fiction books and authors?

Lucifer by Paul Darrow's a good one.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 12:59:18 AM

I was an avid reader in my youth. Read everything from the golden age of SF. My collection of novels would have been well over 1,000 before I got married and ran out of space to store them all. Eventually they were sold off second hand and I don't read much at all now. I think I outgrew it.

Favourite books and authors? Most of the stuff I read seems pedestrian now. For a sense of wonder I can't go past the books of A. E. Van Vogt. His endings didn't always make sense but what an imagination. The Dune series by Frank Herbert is heavier going but well worth a read if you want insights into the human condition. My all-time favourite is Philip K. Dick though. Again, the imagination and also the humanity.
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 7:16:01 PM

Asimov is fantastic. His books within the foundation universe (foundation series, robot series, and empire series) were nothing short of amazing. As are his other works. The Hyperion Cantos books are also classic.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.