Jump to topic:

No time for friends :(

Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 3:05:48 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
I just realized I haven't hung out with anyone outside of school in months. I've been talking about some really deep/ personal stuff with some friends lately, and I really want to be able to develop deeper relationships, but I feel like I never have time to. And I'm only 14. Life is only going to get more stressful and busy in the future. What do I do? Am I supposed to go through life without ever really getting close to these people?

Someone help me.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 4:02:09 AM
At 10/29/2016 3:05:48 AM, Godgirl wrote:
I just realized I haven't hung out with anyone outside of school in months.

Same here. Besides the rare occasion of me going out with 2-3 people for a bite to eat, I rarely "hang out" with associates from school.
I've been talking about some really deep/ personal stuff with some friends lately, and I really want to be able to develop deeper relationships, but I feel like I never have time to. And I'm only 14. Life is only going to get more stressful and busy in the future. What do I do? Am I supposed to go through life without ever really getting close to these people?

Someone help me.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:22:34 AM
I just realized I haven't hung out with anyone outside of school in months. I've been talking about some really deep/ personal stuff with some friends lately, and I really want to be able to develop deeper relationships, but I feel like I never have time to. And I'm only 14. Life is only going to get more stressful and busy in the future. What do I do? Am I supposed to go through life without ever really getting close to these people?

Someone help me.

My one teacher said how she doesn't even see her high school friends any more. And i don't think you will get close to anyone at all until you are an adult. That is just how it works.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 2:00:53 PM

Someone help me.

Go to your profile, somewhere right below your picture will be "edit profile". Then go to privacy.

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."

-same dude as above....-
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 2:04:26 PM

Someone help me.

Outside of school, you usually only get Friday nights and weekends. Take advantage of those.

You can also do what I do, since it's now closer to winter. Say screw it to work, go longboarding until 5:45, because it'll be dark and your fingers will have lost feeling from all the wind, and then warm up and do homework around 6:30-7
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 4:54:02 PM
At 10/29/2016 2:04:26 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Someone help me.

Outside of school, you usually only get Friday nights and weekends. Take advantage of those.
Most of my friends are really busy on weekends though.
You can also do what I do, since it's now closer to winter. Say screw it to work, go longboarding until 5:45, because it'll be dark and your fingers will have lost feeling from all the wind, and then warm up and do homework around 6:30-7
I just might end up doing that. If I learn how to longboard.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:03:17 PM
With the exception of my girlfriend who I met at a young age and reconnected with later, I don't think I speak to anybody I knew before I was in my late twenties. I guess my point is that younger people tend to think that the people around them mean something, and they really don't. They are just people who happen to be there that don't mean a thing. The people actually worth knowing come around extremely rarely and it could be many years before you even meet one of them. Best friends can turn into people you can't stand overnight as you continue to develop.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:24:00 PM
At 10/29/2016 5:03:17 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
With the exception of my girlfriend who I met at a young age and reconnected with later, I don't think I speak to anybody I knew before I was in my late twenties. I guess my point is that younger people tend to think that the people around them mean something, and they really don't. They are just people who happen to be there that don't mean a thing. The people actually worth knowing come around extremely rarely and it could be many years before you even meet one of them. Best friends can turn into people you can't stand overnight as you continue to develop.

I guess. But that's not necessarily true for everyone. And even if I don't talk to them when I'm older, I still want to have close friends during high school. Is that unrealistic/ pointless?
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:34:14 PM

Someone help me.

You ought to cut less important stuff. I don't know your schedule but you should stop don't my things that are conflicting with hanging out with friends and instead invite a friend over after school to play pool some board games or swimming or whatever. Or replace current activities with more social ones. Losing social time makes your life suck a lot, people need time with friends to not become super depressed and have life start sucking. Have friends come home on the bus, go to school games or whatever. Try to push current activities (like DDO) to later in the day or something (like stay up late to do it). The cost of not having social time is too great
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:46:48 PM

Rob
Big fella
You know you don't mean this. I want you to now have a quick browse over your post.
And change the 30 words after .
( I guess my point is that. )
can you give a go please Rob ?
You one of me fave posters , and I think your smart as. Not that this matters.
But , give it a shot . or at the least take the 30 words out.
I'll leave you with it. And if you can.
Do one more thing for me please Rob .
That's , Have a great weekend . Good day sir.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 7:49:06 PM
At 10/29/2016 5:34:14 PM, Hayd wrote:

Someone help me.

You ought to cut less important stuff. I don't know your schedule but you should stop don't my things that are conflicting with hanging out with friends and instead invite a friend over after school to play pool some board games or swimming or whatever. Or replace current activities with more social ones. Losing social time makes your life suck a lot, people need time with friends to not become super depressed and have life start sucking. Have friends come home on the bus, go to school games or whatever. Try to push current activities (like DDO) to later in the day or something (like stay up late to do it). The cost of not having social time is too great

I don't feel like I do a ton outside of school (i'm in the school play and I babysit sometimes), but that +homework =no time. And if I do have time, generally my friends are doing something and they're not available anyway.
I am considering not doing the school musical this spring, since that would give me more time, but I enjoy it and lots of my friends are doing it, so that really solves nothing.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 7:56:13 PM
At 10/29/2016 5:46:48 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Rob
Big fella
You know you don't mean this. I want you to now have a quick browse over your post.
And change the 30 words after .
( I guess my point is that. )
can you give a go please Rob ?
You one of me fave posters , and I think your smart as. Not that this matters.
But , give it a shot . or at the least take the 30 words out.
I'll leave you with it. And if you can.
Do one more thing for me please Rob .
That's , Have a great weekend . Good day sir.

Haha OK I re-read it and I should have been more careful with the wording, I guess I was being lazy. The people around you matter, especially your family and such, I'm just trying to make the point that many people in a teenager's life seem like they are the whole world but in retrospect, years later, those people that meant so much are ancient history and you're left to wonder why you ever cared so much about what they thought. Your family means a lot, and those people who stick their necks out for you should be given special consideration.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 7:56:19 PM
So on Thursday, I was at rehearsal for a play I'm doing at school, and we decided that instead of practicing, we should sit in a circle and "bond." We told a bunch of personal life stuff, a girl started crying, and it was actually really awesome. And after that, we ran through the whole show and it was our best run-through ever.
Anyway, the point is, we took some time to just talk, and I realized that I didn't actually know some of my friends all that well, and it made me really want to just spend time with all my friends and get closer to them.
And then I realized that it'd been ages since I'd done anything like that, and I was sad. And then I made a DDO thread about it.
Just in case anyone was wondering what the inspiration for this was. Which you probably weren't.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 8:08:37 PM
At 10/29/2016 7:49:06 PM, Godgirl wrote:
At 10/29/2016 5:34:14 PM, Hayd wrote:

Someone help me.

I don't feel like I do a ton outside of school (i'm in the school play and I babysit sometimes), but that +homework =no time. And if I do have time, generally my friends are doing something and they're not available anyway.
I am considering not doing the school musical this spring, since that would give me more time, but I enjoy it and lots of my friends are doing it, so that really solves nothing.

Don't drop the musical. Especially if friends are doing it
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 10:52:55 PM
At 10/29/2016 2:00:53 PM, Perussi wrote:

Someone help me.

Go to your profile, somewhere right below your picture will be "edit profile". Then go to privacy.

I did. But then I ceased to be Godgirl and opened a new account.
Obviously, you can quote me on that. I just said it. -Tony Stark
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 1:02:26 AM

Someone help me.

You probably just haven't met actual "friends" that you can relate to, but just people to fill the void.

If you're in high school, just deal with the people around you for now. You only have four years.
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 1:05:26 AM
At 10/30/2016 1:02:26 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

Someone help me.

You probably just haven't met actual "friends" that you can relate to, but just people to fill the void.
Maybe. I know that I didn't really have "actual friends" in middle school, so maybe high school's gonna be the same thing.
If you're in high school, just deal with the people around you for now. You only have four years.
lol, sounds like a good life strategy.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 1:26:47 AM
At 10/30/2016 1:05:26 AM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:

Someone help me.

Maybe. I know that I didn't really have "actual friends" in middle school, so maybe high school's gonna be the same thing.
A lot of your middle school friends just might become people you barely talk to anymore in high school, so don't be too surprised.

When you go to college, you won't care one bit about what you did in high school other than not pursuing enough academic opportunities. Just deal with it for four years...
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 1:37:01 AM
At 10/30/2016 1:26:47 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 10/30/2016 1:05:26 AM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:

Someone help me.

A lot of your middle school friends just might become people you barely talk to anymore in high school, so don't be too surprised.
Yeah that's kind of how it is right now; except for one girl I've been friends with since 5th grade, I don't talk to my friends from the last three years that much.
When you go to college, you won't care one bit about what you did in high school other than not pursuing enough academic opportunities. Just deal with it for four years...

Are you sure? I kind of assumed "not having friends" would be pretty high on my list of regrets from high school.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 1:41:22 AM
At 10/29/2016 10:52:55 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:

Someone help me.

K.

I was going to throw a bullet to shatter what rose from your shattered beliefs. Lel

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 1:43:43 AM
At 10/30/2016 1:41:22 AM, Perussi wrote:

Someone help me.

K.

I was going to throw a bullet to shatter what rose from your shattered beliefs. Lel

What? Sorry, that sentence made zero sense to me.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 3:59:32 AM
At 10/30/2016 1:43:43 AM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:

Someone help me.

K.

Nvm. LLAP

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 12:42:28 PM
At 10/30/2016 3:59:32 AM, Perussi wrote:

Someone help me.

K.

Nvm. LLAP

I understood that even less
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 1:51:16 PM
At 10/30/2016 12:42:28 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:
At 10/30/2016 3:59:32 AM, Perussi wrote:

Someone help me.

K.

Nvm. LLAP

I understood that even less

(i am ending the conversation)

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-