Jump to topic:

What simple things make you happy?

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:15:20 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Say. What simple things make you happy? Puppies? Donuts? Laughing children? Hot sauce? Christmas trees? Do tell.

Why does that thing or things make you happy?
Tsar of DDO
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:23:04 PM
At 10/30/2016 11:15:20 PM, YYW wrote:
Say. What simple things make you happy? Puppies? Donuts? Laughing children? Hot sauce? Christmas trees? Do tell.
A silver SS

because I did it with hidden
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 1:12:56 AM

Matthew McConaughey. His performance in Dazed and Confused makes me feel happy.

I also like really nice old people. That rush to hold open doors for people and don't have any phones and only hang out with other old people and are awesome to talk to. They are happy all the time and make me feel happy that they are still out there
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:37:34 AM

A smile from a random person passing on the street. It makes me happy because it's another human being subtly acknowledging your fellow humanness while nonetheless minding their own business. There's something beautiful about that and it never ceases to make me happy.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:47:04 AM
At 11/2/2016 3:37:34 AM, FourTrouble wrote:

A smile from a random person passing on the street. It makes me happy because it's another human being subtly acknowledging your fellow humanness while nonetheless minding their own business. There's something beautiful about that and it never ceases to make me happy.

*smiles*
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:47:35 AM
At 11/2/2016 1:12:56 AM, Hayd wrote:

I also like really nice old people. That rush to hold open doors for people and don't have any phones and only hang out with other old people and are awesome to talk to. They are happy all the time and make me feel happy that they are still out there

You seem like you must be very well mannered. That's a good quality to have.
Tsar of DDO
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 4:57:44 AM

I greatly enjoy going on hikes, especially when it's unfamiliar or new territory and I have to depend on my own instincts. The reason why is because it forces me to be in the 'now', taking in everything in the present moment. A serene inner-peace overcomes me and that makes me happy.

My cats also make me happy. If I had a dog of my own I'm sure it would as well. I enjoy the company they provide, the companionship. They do silly things at times that make me burst out in laughter, and I wake up with a smile every morning when I see them curled up in my bed with me. They are content with life and by seeing that, they, in effect, teach me on a daily basis to take it easy and enjoy the little things.

Finally, my current place in life brings me happiness. I feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. I'm pursuing my law degree, I'm in a healthy and loving relationship with a beautiful girl who challenges and humbles me on a daily basis, I have a nice roof over my head and a warm bed to sleep in every night, my cats are in good health and, ultimately, I'm growing everyday - be it physically, mentally, or emotionally.

But really, what *is* happiness. I'm presently content, loved, healthy, experiencing growth, and comfortable. I think it's the fulfillment of all those things that led me to happiness. Perhaps for someone else none of those things are necessary for happiness. Without a doubt, every person has their own necessary requirements for achieving happiness, be it temporary or everlasting, and acquiring such a state of being is wholly contingent on their tastes and experiences.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 4:58:33 AM
At 11/2/2016 1:12:56 AM, Hayd wrote:

I love that movie, lol.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 10:50:06 AM

My dog <3
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:03:17 PM
At 11/2/2016 3:37:34 AM, FourTrouble wrote:

Sounds like a normal thing where I live. It doesn't matter if we've seen the person before or if we've never met and never will again. If we're walking or something and we pass something, we wave or say "hi" and smile before continuing on our way
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:11:26 PM
At 11/2/2016 4:57:44 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I greatly enjoy going on hikes, especially when it's unfamiliar or new territory and I have to depend on my own instincts. The reason why is because it forces me to be in the 'now', taking in everything in the present moment. A serene inner-peace overcomes me and that makes me happy.

Go to Philmont

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 7:18:50 PM
At 11/2/2016 12:11:26 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Go to Philmont

I've never heard of that place before, but after looking it up it certainly looks like a beautiful place for some hiking! If I ever go to New Mexico I'll stop by and spend some time there.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 7:21:41 PM
At 11/2/2016 7:18:50 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Go to Philmont

I've never heard of that place before, but after looking it up it certainly looks like a beautiful place for some hiking! If I ever go to New Mexico I'll stop by and spend some time there.

It's a scout ranch, so I'm not sure if it's just open to the public. There are places outside of Philmont property that you can technically go

Pigney
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 8:11:29 PM

Sitting before the Tabernacle in a Catholic Church. It gives me an uncanny peace that i cannot find anywhere outside of the church. Praying with my brother would be close second. And third would be hanging out with my baby niece.
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:10:23 AM
At 11/2/2016 8:11:29 PM, Pigney wrote:

Sitting before the Tabernacle in a Catholic Church. It gives me an uncanny peace that i cannot find anywhere outside of the church.
I'm not religious, but I agree. Quiet chapels or churches or cathedrals, etc., are so amazing and peaceful.
Praying with my brother would be close second. And third would be hanging out with my baby niece.
Obviously, you can quote me on that. I just said it. -Tony Stark
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:44:48 AM

Hugs

Walking to a pizza place

Fritos

Winning spider solitaire on my computer

Having an hour or less of homework

Hamilton (the musical)

Having really deep conversations with people

Dixon Ticonderoga pencils

scrambled eggs

When a test turns out to be easier than I expected

People knowing my name (although it's awkward when they know me but I don't know them)

Lilies

getting comments on stories I write on FictionPress/ FanFiction.net

Apple cider

Learning how to do new things

getting good sleep

Beating the guys in some of my classes at anything (because we're all super competitive)

Singing

Watching Girl Meets World

Spanish. The entire language.

Candles

Swings (like at playgrounds)

Studio C
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:53:45 AM
At 11/3/2016 12:44:48 AM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:

Hugs

*hug*

TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:57:35 AM
At 11/3/2016 12:53:45 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/3/2016 12:44:48 AM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:

Hugs

*hug*

Aw, thanks!
*hug*
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 3:47:17 AM
At 11/2/2016 7:21:41 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Go to Philmont

It's a scout ranch, so I'm not sure if it's just open to the public. There are places outside of Philmont property that you can technically go

I was a boy scout at one point in my childhood. Perhaps that'll count for something, lol.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:03:04 PM
At 11/3/2016 3:47:17 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 11/2/2016 7:21:41 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Go to Philmont

I was a boy scout at one point in my childhood. Perhaps that'll count for something, lol.

I was there for 2 weeks over the summer, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I kept a journal the entire time, and was typing it down in a thread, but didn't finish. I should finish that...

TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 2:36:57 AM
Orbeez

Cold water

Starburst wrappers

Watching The Avengers with my brother

Running down an empty school walkway

Getting notes

Punching stuff
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 5:51:40 PM

Idk why, because I usually want to be the one to do stuff, but I often find myself happy and enjoying myself when I'm helping others with something. Part of why I like playing beginner series more than regular games is because, while I enjoy playing regular games, I enjoy helping the new guys more, and it's satisfying to see them learn, figure out, and improve.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 8:08:41 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
A shady parking spot in the summer
Reading in bed
Getting a good night's sleep and feeling well rested in the morning
Hugs
Fall weather
Thunderstorms
Sex
The way I feel after a run
When things go my way
Being undrestood
Being liked
Making things
Enjoying good health
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 8:21:14 PM
3 good friends seated in a semi-circle.A bottle of something not too strong.A selection of light snacks.The room must be darkened to show off the most imprtant feature.A big,roaring log fire with the light flickering around the room and the heat almost soporific.I have spent the last 10yrs living in a smokeless zone and oh!! how I have missed this simple pleasure.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 6:15:25 AM
Coming home to my puppy way too excited to see me every day after work

A glass of Johnny walker (haven't been able to afford one in quite some time though)

A good jog

My gf sitting on my face

A dark, smoke-filled nightclub playing industrial music, and not too many people on the dance floor

Trolling DDO

Learning a new song on my geetar

Some good music on my New speakers
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 9:55:39 AM

Video games, nerdy stuff like creating encryptions, being warm.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-