Jump to topic:

Smoking - because I choose to.

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 7:45:29 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
I am looking at opening a bar/coffee shop for smokers ONLY. It's going to be called "Smokers Haven". You will be able to get a coffee or beer and have as many smokes as you like at the tables that will all have ashtrays. If you are not a smoker you are not allowed in. Everyone will be frisked and if you have no smokes you will be thrown out. (At least have a lighter with you).

I am so tired of these non smokers bitching and complaining about smoking and all the bans, I get it, smoking is bad and we don't want our kids inhaling it while you are having a nice dinner or the group of smokers near a business entrance and you have to go through the cloud of smoke to get into the business or get out, but this banning of it every where is ridicules. We went from smoking everywhere, movie theaters, planes, restaurants to not being able to smoke anywhere, now you can't even smoke in a park, it's outside hello!!.

Therefore I'm opening my own bar, you can smoke as much as you want and stay indoors so you don't have to freeze outside wanting to have a smoke. Non smokers GET OUT AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!! Who's with me on this?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 7:53:50 PM
At 11/7/2016 7:45:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
I am looking at opening a bar/coffee shop for smokers ONLY. It's going to be called "Smokers Haven". You will be able to get a coffee or beer and have as many smokes as you like at the tables that will all have ashtrays. If you are not a smoker you are not allowed in. Everyone will be frisked and if you have no smokes you will be thrown out. (At least have a lighter with you).
Frisking them? Is that legal?
What about people who may not be smokers, but are interested in it? What about smokers who don't have a lighter or cigarette on them?

I am so tired of these non smokers bitching and complaining about smoking and all the bans, I get it, smoking is bad and we don't want our kids inhaling it while you are having a nice dinner or the group of smokers near a business entrance and you have to go through the cloud of smoke to get into the business or get out, but this banning of it every where is ridicules. We went from smoking everywhere, movie theaters, planes, restaurants to not being able to smoke anywhere, now you can't even smoke in a park, it's outside hello!!.
Restaurants and businesses can choose whether or not if they'll allow smoking in their buildings. It's not a ban, but more of a "call for decency". Certain places don't want you smoking in their buildings because it's unpleasant, or because they don't want people littering. Planes are obviously for safety reasons, especially since they use recycled air. Parks don't allow it more or less because of litter. They don't want a ton of cigarette butts on their grounds.

Therefore I'm opening my own bar, you can smoke as much as you want and stay indoors so you don't have to freeze outside wanting to have a smoke. Non smokers GET OUT AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!! Who's with me on this?
Good luck :3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 8:26:03 PM
Frisking is legal in clubs, when you go to some night clubs they frisk you to make sure you are not bringing in a gun, establishment rules.

I'm just going to use the same excuse when my bouncer frisks the person for cigarettes, safety first!!
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 1:24:16 AM

You've got to be kidding me.....Do you know how much unlawful issues you will have? You can easily provide smokes in the lounge/bar area. frisking someone and kicking them out because they don't have smokes is discriminatory.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 4:04:17 AM

There are few places left in the US that you can smoke and drink inside. Those places are rare gems.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 4:05:54 AM
Really, smoking cigarettes is probably the one vice I miss the most. I could go the rest of my life without ever drinking or smoking weed again. But I really liked cigarettes.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 4:06:43 AM
And we have really good cigarettes in America. The best ever. American grown tobacco is the best in the world.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 5:44:26 AM

Fair enough, I can just put an unlit cigarette in my mouth and chill.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 1:26:24 PM
At 11/8/2016 4:06:43 AM, YYW wrote:
And we have really good cigarettes in America. The best ever. American grown tobacco is the best in the world.

congratz on 36k posts
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 1:56:47 PM
At 11/8/2016 1:26:24 PM, Vaarka wrote:

congratz on 36k posts

cheers
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 2:08:09 PM
At 11/8/2016 1:26:24 PM, Vaarka wrote:

congratz on 36k posts

grats on 69 x 100
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 4:20:19 PM

You've got to be kidding me.....Do you know how much unlawful issues you will have? You can easily provide smokes in the lounge/bar area. frisking someone and kicking them out because they don't have smokes is discriminatory.

My house/bar rules, just like when you go to a store and the sign says "No Shirt No Service"

My sign will say "No Smokes, GET OUT!!"
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 5:10:43 PM
I'm thinking on opening a 24 hr sausage sizzle joint.
How many times at 3am have you thought to yourself.
Man , how great would a sausage on bread be right now. ?
You go to make some and you realize , the sausages are in the freezer frozen.
Panic soon sets in , your not going to be able to sleep until you get that bread sausage combo, onions, and sause of your choosing.

A sausage on a piece of bread is so underutilized.

I also collect stamps .
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 2:02:17 PM
At 11/9/2016 1:53:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I feel like I might start smoking again. If America's going to be fucked_then I'm going to enjoy my life.

[Insert lung cancer meme here]

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 6:53:26 PM
At 11/8/2016 5:10:43 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
I'm thinking on opening a 24 hr sausage sizzle joint.
How many times at 3am have you thought to yourself.
Man , how great would a sausage on bread be right now. ?
You go to make some and you realize , the sausages are in the freezer frozen.
Panic soon sets in , your not going to be able to sleep until you get that bread sausage combo, onions, and sause of your choosing.

A sausage on a piece of bread is so underutilized.

I also collect stamps .

I will invest $50,000 in to the business for a 50% share in the company. This is a great idea, sausage on a bun at 3am is the best.

What are you going to name the place "Lips and Assess"
Jerry947
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 1:41:31 PM
I am so tired of these non smokers bitching and complaining about smoking and all the bans, I get it, smoking is bad and we don't want our kids inhaling it while you are having a nice dinner or the group of smokers near a business entrance and you have to go through the cloud of smoke to get into the business or get out, but this banning of it every where is ridicules.

We non-smokers are also getting tired of smokers complaining about having lung cancer when it is their own fault in the first place.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 2:15:34 PM
At 11/11/2016 1:41:31 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
I am so tired of these non smokers bitching and complaining about smoking and all the bans, I get it, smoking is bad and we don't want our kids inhaling it while you are having a nice dinner or the group of smokers near a business entrance and you have to go through the cloud of smoke to get into the business or get out, but this banning of it every where is ridicules.

We non-smokers are also getting tired of smokers complaining about having lung cancer when it is their own fault in the first place.

The only ones complaining are the non smokers when they do get lung cancer "OMG how could I have gotten lung cancer, I never smoked a day in my life" Boo hoo maybe because you worked in an asbestos building your whole career. Smokers don't complain about lung cancer, they know the risk is there. It's called personal choice, you take my choice away, I get pissed off, this is why I'm opening up my own bar "Non smokers are prohibited from entering" "Smokers only club" Non smokers will have smoke blown right into their faces at the front door!!!
BeingWright
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 6:34:27 PM
At 11/11/2016 2:15:34 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 11/11/2016 1:41:31 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

The only ones complaining are the non smokers when they do get lung cancer "OMG how could I have gotten lung cancer, I never smoked a day in my life" Boo hoo maybe because you worked in an asbestos building your whole career. Smokers don't complain about lung cancer, they know the risk is there. It's called personal choice, you take my choice away, I get pissed off, this is why I'm opening up my own bar "Non smokers are prohibited from entering" "Smokers only club" Non smokers will have smoke blown right into their faces at the front door!!!

You can do whatever the fck you want.
Markz28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 9:20:27 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago

Its a personal choice , not a smart one though when it comes at the price of your own health (and money aswell)
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 10:12:04 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/9/2016 2:02:17 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/9/2016 1:53:34 PM, YYW wrote:
I feel like I might start smoking again. If America's going to be fucked_then I'm going to enjoy my life.

[Insert lung cancer meme here]

It would be really nice if they gave you an option between tyrannous taxes and donating to cancer research or something.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.